Goodbye Jesus

What Do You All Think About This?

Onyx

That Christians will use any little tidbit of info to confirm their shaky faith.

And the fact that they are selling this bullshit is a good indication of how true it is.

The Book of Revelation tells us that prior to the expected Great Tribulation and Rapture, a rogue planet called Wormwood will approach dangerously close to Earth. Although it itself will not hit us, Earth will pass through its rocky tail or debris field.
Since when do planets have a "rocky tail" or a "debris field"? That sure sounds like a comet, not a planet.

My opinion is that it's a load of crap.

Of course we can just look at the bible:

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water—

11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

[a] Revelation 8:11 That is, Bitterness

Hmmm...Apparently one of the dot sized stars of the day (stars were smaller 2000 years ago), named "Bitterness," falls to earths and makes a third of the water bitter. A little "on the nose." Also kind of craps on the planet theory...which is what I said above. A load of crap. :)

Personally, I like the literal take where a literal star flies into our leteral planet frying our literal asses. Now that would be something. Come on rogue star. Prove the bible true. :lmao:

mwc

Wait a frakking minute.

I think when I grew up in Church, wormwood was nuclear weapons?

Then it was the Hale Bopp comet.

Now it's planet X?

Shows how "accurate" the interpretations of so called prophesies are.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water—

11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

[a] Revelation 8:11 That is, Bitterness

there are a few things wrong with this.

1. It says star. Which basically means a sun is going to hit the earth. But lets just say it's something else and give the prophet the benefit of a doubt

2. It's an asteroid, comet, nuclear bomb whatever. The bible says the result of this thing hitting earth is that the water becomes bitter and PEOPLE DIE FROM DRINKING THE WATER!!!!! :twitch: IF A FUCKING COMET OR WHATEVER HITS THE EARTH THE LAST THING PEOPLE WILL WORRY ABOUT DYING FROM IS DRINKING WATER!!!!! :vent: NO LOGICAL THINKING PERSON WHO SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST (IF HE SURVIVES) GOES OUTSIDE AND SAYS I'LL GUESS I'LL DRINK THE WATER!!!!

Also how does ONE star, comet whatever hit a third of the earths RIVERS? Maybe the comet likes to bounce from river to river. Or how does a third of the earths waters become bitter from one comet? I can see if it hit the oceans instead of the rivers but we don't even drink ocean water.

I ashamed that I even considered this stuff possible

NO LOGICAL THINKING PERSON WHO SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST (IF HE SURVIVES) GOES OUTSIDE AND SAYS I'LL GUESS I'LL DRINK THE WATER!!!!

:HaHa: Very true.

Script for a very short movie:

Bob - "Hey, I'll go outside my bunker to see if we can drink the water."

(later)

Bob - (comes back) - "Nah, the water was too bitter, but I got a really nice sun burn while I was out there." ... "aaargh!" (Bob dies.)

Sorry I need to vent a little bit more. I really wonder why I really believed this stuff. The chapter after that starts talking about creatures that come up out of the earth and start stinging people and the people will try to escape death but can't

1. These creatures come from a bottomless pit. I'm trying to conceptualize a bottomless pit on earth. If there was a hole that went from one side of the earth to another what would happen to the planet? If there was just a regular hole that was really really deep wouldn't it just hit magma? Wouldn't that be considered the bottom of the pit?

2. The creatures that come out are locust. They are told by GAWD not to harm anything but people. They have the face of a man, the teeth of a lion, hair of a woman and the tail of the scorpion. :twitch:

3. The creatures sting people and the people want to kill themselves but can't. :ugh:

Why....why why did I believe this!!!!! Locust with lions teeth!!!!

NO LOGICAL THINKING PERSON WHO SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST (IF HE SURVIVES) GOES OUTSIDE AND SAYS I'LL GUESS I'LL DRINK THE WATER!!!!

:HaHa: Very true.

Script for a very short movie:

(later)

Bob - (comes back) - "Nah, the water was too bitter, but I got a really nice sun burn while I was out there." ... "aaargh!" (Bob dies.)

You forgot the beginning of the script!!!

Fred - gee golly I think a comet or asteriod or nuke just hit outside. There a bunch of smoke and radiation everywhere. Good thing we survived and live in this bunker where we hopefully were smart enough to stock stuff. You diiiiiiid get everything right Bob?

Bob - jeepers I forgot the water!!!!!

Fred - Oh fiddlesticks what to do?

(later)

Fred - OMGWTF Bob's DEAD!!!!! Wait a gosh darn minute. The impact of the asteriod/nuke whatever didn't kill us, the radiation outside/nuclear fallout didn't kill us, the tsunami's caused by the impact didn't kill us. It seems that only drinking the water kills us!!!!!

And Fred lived happily ever after until the locust with lion teeth, a mans face and woman's hair kept stinging him causing him to want to kill himself. He tried to shoot his brains out but he didn't die cause the Death was on vacation so he walked around with a hole in his head.

THE END!!!!!

And Fred lived happily ever after until the locust with lion teeth, a mans face and woman's hair kept stinging him causing him to want to kill himself. He tried to shoot his brains out but he didn't die cause the Death was on vacation so he walked around with a hole in his head.

But he was very, very thirsty. :grin:

What is your opinion on this latest piece of end times?

Aside from the possible babblical interpretations, you might be interested in what The Bad Astronomer has to say about Nibiru/Planet X... :lmao:

Maybe wormwood is Nemesis. (What scientists think is our sun's twin star, that swings by every 26 million years to destroy life on Earth.) Though, if it is Nemesis, we only have another 15 million years before it gets here.

We are all doomed!

Taph

Oh my God!! I have just had a revelation from the Book of Revelation!! How to make a lot of money!!! Use what I know about the Bible and exploit the hell out of people's fear's using loose statistics and Bible prophecies to sell books that can't be disproved, or that I can be sued for!! I was really hoping to find a way to buy that 2nd house up North, and here the Lord just revealed the path to me! "Fleece my Sheep", He is saying in a clear voice. Thank you for the inspiration. Coming out soon: "The Great Plague and the New Jerusalem: Are you Ready for Jesus?"

:lmao:

Oh my God!! I have just had a revelation from the Book of Revelation!! How to make a lot of money!!! Use what I know about the Bible and exploit the hell out of people's fear's using loose statistics and Bible prophecies to sell books that can't be disproved, or that I can be sued for!! I was really hoping to find a way to buy that 2nd house up North, and here the Lord just revealed the path to me! "Fleece my Sheep", He is saying in a clear voice. Thank you for the inspiration. Coming out soon: "The Great Plague and the New Jerusalem: Are you Ready for Jesus?"

Yeah, I can't believe people would shell out $10 - $20 for this load of bullcrap.

We've now been in the current incarnation of the "End Times" for 30+ years....

seems like the Armageddon hucksters are hoping the "End Times" last long

enough for them to retire comfortably.

Fred - gee golly I think a comet or asteriod or nuke just hit outside. There a bunch of smoke and radiation everywhere. Good thing we survived and live in this bunker where we hopefully were smart enough to stock stuff. You diiiiiiid get everything right Bob?

Bob - jeepers I forgot the water!!!!!

Fred - Oh fiddlesticks what to do?

(later)

Fred - OMGWTF Bob's DEAD!!!!! Wait a gosh darn minute. The impact of the asteriod/nuke whatever didn't kill us, the radiation outside/nuclear fallout didn't kill us, the tsunami's caused by the impact didn't kill us. It seems that only drinking the water kills us!!!!!

THE END!!!!!

Thanks for the belly laugh, Taylork45......I can't believe I bought into "End Times" drivel, either. :twitch:

I thought Planet X was Charon and was a moon of Pluto, not a planet. Actually, Pluto's probably a moon as well, but it hasn't been officially downgraded.

Thans for the replies, I thought this was a lie made up by dishonest hucksters. It has that bullshit smell about it...

They do when they've got a 2 in 3 chance of surviving. I mean those aren't bad odds. So you find the water without all the bodies around it and drink it. Problem solved. Oh. Wait. You're talking in real life? Well, in my version the star is a comet so there's no radiation and I'd just boil the water and/or use those tablets to "unbitter" it. :P

mwc

The Book of Revelation tells us that prior to the expected Great Tribulation and Rapture, a rogue star called Wormwood will approach dangerously close to Earth. Although it itself will not hit us, Earth will pass through its debris field. Like repeated shotgun blasts, our entire planet will be pelted with megatons of devastating, fiery meteorites—including at least one the size of a "mountain" hitting an ocean (just like in the movie Deep Impact). Most of us will be so unprepared for this that we will literally "run to the hills" for shelter. When we emerge, we will find our civilization in ruins from a global Sumatra-level earthquake, 33-100% of most vegetation burned up by the meteorite fires, 33% or more of our ships and sea life gone from tsunamis, 33% of the fresh water supplies contaminated and 33% of the sunlight blocked from particulate thrown up into the atmosphere (nuclear winter). So even if you survive the impacts, you will then have to face the inevitable world crisis in food, water, electricity, fuel, shelter and, of course, face the pandemonium that will follow (all of which, by the way, will give the Antichrist his opening to take control and become "savior of the world"—enslaving all but some of the survivors whom God has gathered to a special location)

I must have missed that part of Revelations.

I remember when Christians were saying that in the Russian Bible, 'wormwood' was translated as 'Chernobyl'. They had a field day with that.

Also, the hair of women, stingers in their tails, etc, were obviously attack helicopters. There just wasn't any way to explain that back when John the Revelator had his vision and wrote his book.

I'm with Taylork45 on this one. I can't believe I believed that stuff either.

As for Planet X, I don't know. But I do know that when it turns out to be harmless to Earth, the Christians will just switch to Planets Y and Z.

Actually the Planet X cult has collapsed quite some time ago (in 2003 if memory serves) after it yet again didn't come to ruin our world. After all those failed end time prophecies, pretty much everyone dropped out and left the cult's founder with one of the wackiest websites I ever saw :lmao:

It's kind of a new high of idiocy for the fundies (if there can be such a thing...) that now suddenly they discover the planet x bullcrap as something to use to "prove their babble" et cetera... :pureevil: