Goodbye Jesus

Bible Lies..

Guest SerenityNow

Is not the most evidental thing that could take place is over 52 generations of believers that called out to God and were answered.

No, it shows the frailty of man and his susceptibility to power. Which is evidenced by generations & generations of fools who continue making the same mistakes over & over again (war, ignorance, racism, sexism, etc.). Especially evidenced with sexism, which was much less rampant before the advent of Christianity.

Even simplifing this to the last generation of believers that have called Gods name and things happen.

Are all these people crazy?

No, but there are things about energy & human cognizance that we hardly understand. There are many instances of people invoking the name of a variety of God's and "peculiar" or "miraculous" or "astounding" things happening.

To me its an arrogant claim to think we know the reason, when there are so many things we still can't comprehend.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• Abiyoyo

• Mike D

• Mr. Neil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Son of Belial
How is accurate historical truths of the Christian religion, regarding the facts not weighable "in your book".

Because despite the fact that you people have been pushing this Jesus bullshit for 2,000 years now, not one of you has proven a shred of it. We're still waiting for your evidence.

BTW, the last Christian I asked for evidence said that evidence was of the devil and that humans didn't need any.

Guest Son of Belial
If there are 40-60 authors that wrote about the exact same thing in the same context in the same manner.

Unfortunately, this is not Biblical. The gospels contradict each other an alarming number of times.

Hey, the command that says "Close all Tags" at the top - how come it doesn't make the Christian's arguments dissappear when I click it? :Doh:

The "quickly" form of this text used in Revelations is referring to the quickness in the time of that day.

In other words, Jesus was basically saying that when that day comes it will be like lightning, quick, flash.

What the hell??? :Doh:

Wow, i've seen some screwy Bible interpretations before, but this one goes so far beyond rational and reasonable thinking it's just scary. How can a being of sound mind possibly extrapolate the above from those texts??? "I am coming quickly" does NOT mean "When I come, I will come quickly", and no sane person would have any reason to think it does. And you adding the line "in other words" to relate the two different meanings still won't make them mean the same thing. 2+2 will always equal 4, and we should be very skeptical of anyone who claims "2+2=4, in other words, 2+2=5". Basically that would by lying.

Sometimes it's just shocking the lengths you people will go to trying to defend your beliefs..... even trying to defend lies by justifying them with more lies. Isn't lying a sin?

100%  In agreement!!

By the way truthful, good topic. The thing that really gets me is why can't they just admit when something appears to be questionable, rather than lying to make it go away? How can you have any respect for their beliefs if they do that? I am not saying anyone should automatically leave Christianity if they find something that seems off, but at least admit that yes it does appear to be a possible inconsistency. Is that asking too much? :HaHa:

Really, Do you know me in that way? If you really knew my situations and dealings regarding the church and family, that probualy wouldnt have been mentioned.

I don't know you personally, but I do know Christians in general, and they all tend to believe the Bible for the same reasons -- i.e. a trusted relative or friend told them it was true, and they also decided that since it was written down and that Christian scholars agreed that it was true, then it must be true, etc. Also from what you've previously posted, you seem to believe the Bible is true just because other Christians do, and you don't even bother to look for proof.

Even simplifing this to the last generation of believers that have called Gods name and things happen.

Are all these people crazy?

Not crazy, just brainwashed. It's called self-fulfilling prophecy; they look for events or signs that fulfill whatever they have asked for.

For example, If I were still Christian and prayed for god to show me a sign, then the next day I hear that annoying song by Mindy Smith they play on the public radio stations around here even though it's a religious song, I'd probably assume it was a sign.

What is the definition of true? Is there evidence to prove the Bible untrue?

The writting in the Bible is the inspired direct Word of God upon the people(of many authors, and many years apart) to write.

Yes, there is lots of evidence to prove the Bible untrue. Go and do a google search. Try skeptic Bible, or even atheist Bible evidence, or some word combo like that. And avoid the fundy sites that come up to try and get skeptics to convert. Also, may I suggest dictionary.com if you do not know the definition of the word true?

These are your beliefs. You believe the Bible was the word of god because you were brainwashed into it. Other people do not share your beliefs. Just because people write something doesn't mean it was inspired by god. You cannot assume that. There is absolutely no evidence of that. Just because someone claims something doesn't mean it is true. You have yet to prove your side.

The writting in the Bible is the inspired direct Word of God upon the people(of many authors, and many years apart) to write.

No it isn't the Quran is. I know because Muslims told me so.

If you believe ancient tales documenting the daily lives of primitive delusional sheeherders are true, that's your business. But please make sure to make it clear that your hallucinations are personal to you, and may not necessarily be shared by the rest of us.

If you believe ancient tales documenting the daily lives of primitive delusional sheeherders are true, that's your business.

Hmmm...how about ancient tales documenting the daily lives of scruffy-looking nerfherders instead? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hmmm...how about ancient tales documenting the daily lives of scruffy-looking nerfherders instead?  ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

LOL, no problem. It's kind of hard not to get a good laugh out of this stuff :grin:

What the hell???  :Doh:

Wow, i've seen some screwy Bible interpretations before, but this one goes so far beyond rational and reasonable thinking it's just scary.  How can a being of sound mind possibly extrapolate the above from those texts???  "I am coming quickly" does NOT mean "When I come, I will come quickly", and no sane person would have any reason to think it does.  And you adding the line "in other words" to relate the two different meanings still won't make them mean the same thing.  2+2 will always equal 4, and we should be very skeptical of anyone who claims "2+2=4, in other words, 2+2=5".  Basically that would by lying.

Sometimes it's just shocking the lengths you people will go to trying to defend your beliefs..... even trying to defend lies by justifying them with more lies.  Isn't lying a sin?

Whats your point?

In the Gospels Jesus talks about the quickness of the End Days. Many have misinterpreted this as the quickness to the coming of the End Days; when in which it is descibing the quickness of the Son of Man, and the redemption of His people. The quickness of the Son of Man when He comes, not the quickness of the End Days. This is a very clear and simple part of the Bible, and conflicts with the above opinion.

By the way truthful, good topic.  The thing that really gets me is why can't they just admit when something appears to be questionable, rather than lying to make it go away?  How can you have any respect for their beliefs if they do that?  I am not saying anyone should automatically leave Christianity if they find something that seems off, but at least admit that yes it does appear to be a possible inconsistency.  Is that asking too much?  :HaHa:

Hey Mike D,

I really appreciate the concern regarding "our" faults. How can I respect the beliefs of someone that refers to Christians as an all general class of people. I am an independant believer that attends a church, that is Bible instructing. I am not part of any "general" assembly of people that are being referenced. I am pretty upset at the comment made in this reply. Look at someones posts before assuming ones thoughts and beliefs. I respect all the memebers beliefs, but I do discuss, debate and sometimes defend outragious claims, especially when Christainity contended to the existence of Superman as in previous posts. :vent:

Whats your point?

Whats my point? Since I was quite clear in what I said, I guess if you couldn't find any point to it, then I am afraid I can't help you. It's out of my hands.

Many have misinterpreted this as the quickness to the coming of the End Days;

Oh I get it, all those people who read something and decide it means what it says are wrong, it's those who read something and decide it doesn't mean what it actually says that are right. I've got news for you..... that isn't rational behavior.

Let me ask you this..... when you read that your taxes are "due on April 15th", do you actually pay your taxes by the 15th, or do you interpret this to mean that you have to prepare your taxes on the 15th, but you can send them in at your leisure? It must be nice to go through life believing that things don't really mean what they say.

I respect all the memebers beliefs, but I do discuss, debate and sometimes defend outragious claims, especially when Christainity contended to the existence of Superman as in previous posts.

Sigh...

It was simply an analogy to get you to realize that not everything in print is real. Don't take it so personally, just because I proved my point.

By the way I decided that next time I see a stop sign I am not going to stop. I will interpret this to mean not that I should stop, but only that should I decide to stop at some point, I should come to a complete stop. When I finally get into an accident and go to court, I will argue that everyone else has misinterpreted what STOP means, and my interpretation is correct :lmao:

Or you could just argue that because of your religious beliefs, you are required to interpret the word STOP in a certain way. You might even be able to get by with that.

That's true, I could say that the holy spirit guided me to interpret stop to mean I should stop at my convenience :wicked:

I don't know you personally, but I do know Christians in general, and they all tend to believe the Bible for the same reasons -- i.e. a trusted relative or friend told them it was true, and they also decided that since it was written down and that Christian scholars agreed that it was true, then it must be true, etc.  Also from what you've previously posted, you seem to believe the Bible is true just because other Christians do, and you don't even bother to look for proof.

Are you sure my posts were reveiwed?Give some examples, and Ill gladly be in shock of my influence by my fellow peers. Oh, by the way, How would I believe the Bible is true by others Christians, if most of the Christians I know dont think Im a Christian because of my past. I had a personal salvation, not a public. I had a very personnal saving grace, out of the pit(David in Psalms).

I mediatate in the psalms, proverbs, and the main structure of the development of Gods people in the Bible, everyday. I have looked upon and done much research on the discrepancies of the Bible, as well as the proclaimed truths of the Bible. I have done my research into the other Books, the corruption of the church, ancient Egypt, and lots of other facts. My faith is not based around facts, or literal translations. I do at times come across points of literal translations where I coordinate the content toward the whole meaning and Gods movement of His people and the timeframe.

The defense taken in the above statement is that I dont look for the proof. This is indeed saying that if I have looked for the proofs then I would not be a Christian. The defense taken here is the same as the vibrant fundies who proclaim that one doesnt have faith because they havent prayed, or tried hard enough. In essence, the above and the fundie logic are identical in relation. Hum.

The ulimate application here is that both sides have tried. I have tried to find evidences, found many different things, but not what would lean me to consider disclaiming my faith. As with most exmemebers, they have tried to have more faith and could not seem to receive what was needed. The principal is the same.

By the way I decided that next time I see a stop sign I am not going to stop.  I will interpret this to mean not that I should stop, but only that should I decide to stop at some point, I should come to a complete stop.  When I finally get into an accident and go to court, I will argue that everyone else has misinterpreted what STOP means, and my interpretation is correct  :lmao:

Oh boy? I cant believe we went to this length. Nevertheless, the stop sign could have been turned to the left or right but still posted in the ground at the same point. I would argue that I didnt see it. I would also gather all my facts, witnesses even pictures. I might still get sued, but I told the truth, thats all that matters to me.

In that, i have told the truth regarding this text of the scripture, and when my Judger brings it up, I will stand in sure truth of my telling of the Word. :dumbo:

The ulimate application here is that both sides have tried. I have tried to find evidences, found many different things, but not what would lean me to consider disclaiming my faith. As with most exmemebers, they have tried to have more faith and could not seem to receive what was needed. The principal is the same.

Not really...

The defense taken in the above statement is that I dont look for the proof. This is indeed saying that if I have looked for the proofs then I would not be a Christian. The defense taken here is the same as the vibrant fundies who proclaim that one doesnt have faith because they havent prayed, or tried hard enough. In essence, the above and the fundie logic are identical in relation. Hum.

But you just admitted that you don't look for proof. Why? I can only assume it is because you want to believe that it's true. This is true of most humans: they will believe whatever they want or fear to be true. I don't believe because Christianity has been refuted by science. Many of the things in the Bible have been proven wrong by science.

For instance, we know now that homosexuality is genetic and not a matter of choice. You don't have to take my word for this. Go and do some research on the human genome project. How can people be evil if they don't have a choice in being who they are? That would be like saying someone has a darker skin color than I do, so they're going to hell. That proves that the people who wrote the Bible could not have been inspired by a divine being, since such a being would know that homosexuals aren't really evil because they're born differently.

I've read many books and came away knowing a lot more than I did before. I know that Christianty was derived from Paganism; that there are definite parallels to earlier religions with much of the same material. I cannot believe in it as a religion in its own right because we have too much proof that it isn't real. This is because I did the reading, and I didn't only read the Bible or other religious texts. I used logic and rationality in my search, not decisions made because I was afraid I was going to go to hell for making them.

You still haven't shown us evidence that your position is real. You keep claiming that we should believe it because you do. I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean it is true.

Whether one converts publically or privately doesn't make much of a difference to me. It's all still brainwashing of a sort, whether you read it in the Bible or on a web site or someone got you to convert. I know you don't realize this yet. I hope you do someday.

Hey, the command that says "Close all Tags" at the top - how come it doesn't make the Christian's arguments dissappear when I click it?  :Doh:

Ha! Good one! (I think that flew over the head of most...)

Or you could just argue that because of your religious beliefs, you are required to interpret the word STOP in a certain way.  You might even be able to get by with that.

The true meaning of the sign Stop, is that you should read it backwards:

Pots.

That's what it means, a direction sign to where to find pots.

That's what it means, a direction sign to where to find pots.

Hey, I wonder if that could be interpreted as a sign to find Harry Potter? That would make all stop signs Satanic, wouldn't it? We'd have to rewrite the traffic laws so people could go through them. ;)

Amethyst - you cannot expect poor Yo-Yo to look into things like the pagan origins of Christianity or gene research. That kind of thing is strictly prohibited by biblegod. When I was a christian, I was very very careful about what I entered into my mind. If there was any chance that it might cause me to doubt, I KNEW that it was straight from Satan.

Yo-Yo's problem will come when he reads the Bible too closely. Once you start to say HUH? when you're reading your master's words, then you're screwed.

Here is a hint on pagan origins of Christianity: Tarsus (Paul's hometown) was the hub of activity of Mithraism during the early first century. Pretend you didn't read that, yo-yo. REPENT! REPENT!

Nevertheless, the stop sign could have been turned to the left or right but still posted in the ground at the same point. I would argue that I didnt see it

Truer words have never been spoken.

Nevertheless, the Buybull could have been turned to the left or right but still compiled from the same place (lies). I would argue that I didnt see it.

Looking back at Jesus's description of the end times, we see more details. The "quickly" form of this text used in Revelations is referring to the quickness in the time of that day.

Yah. Just like "this generation shall not pass" means "that generation shall not pass". Please ignore the distinction between "this" and "that" in Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and English behind the curtain.