Goodbye Jesus

You Can Always Tell Female Muslim Converts

The Sage Nabooru

I was wandering around in the bookstore again, which I'm beginning to think I shouldn't do since I see more bizarre people there than anywhere else, when I heard a large whoop from the checkout line. Looking up I saw what I intially thought was somebody playing a practical joke on one of the checkout clerks by pretending to be Death or a ghost or something.

I was wrong. It was a woman underneath layers upon layers upon layers of black robes and abayas yelling about how the young man checking out her purchases had "defied her religion" by looking her in the eye. How he was able to see her eyes is beyond me. She demanded to see his manager, who was also a male, and didn't seem to have any problem with looking him straight in the face while she went on about how his employee had "deliberately insulted" her. (At least, the giant faceless black cloth-covered head of the human form seemed to be pointed in his direction.)

She was obviously American, because of her accent. I was so disgusted because I had seen women like this, most often in the months immediately after 9/11, doing the whole "devout Orthodox Islamic fundamentalist convert" act for attention. I say "for attention" because it's obvious from the get-go that the clothing and behavior is geared specifically to get people to look in their direction and say, "OMG LEIK ITZ TEH TERORIST" and be all shocked and apalled and want to ask them how they could've done such a terrible thing, so they (the women) can say they think Osama bin Laden is a great hero and watch how every person in the room is staring at them in awe (they always claim to have fundamentalist and anti-Western ideals since that raises the most eyebrows). They're in the same category as "Buddhists" who deliberately order dishes containing meat in restaurants so they can raise a loud stink when the waiter brings it about how eating meat is "against their religion" and how they should've provided a vegetarian menu for "practicing Buddhists like myself".

It's also obvious because they usually drop it after a few months when they realize that they're not really shocking anyone and nobody gives a shit that they're Muslim.

Bleh.

How any woman could be a muslim (or a christian) is beyond me.

I know, I've been reading stories on exmormon.org, and I'm amazed at how many of them are from women who converted to the church. It's basically agreeing to the idea that you're a worthless piece of furniture.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How any woman could be a muslim (or a christian) is beyond me.

My family (on the female parental unit's side) is muslim (Iranian), so I could guess at why.

Luckily, most of them aren't too religious, but from what they've told me, most of the muslim women who do the "devout Orthodox Islamic fundamentalist convert" thing are women from priveleged families who don't go through any of what less fortunate women go through and are too short-sighted to see beyond their own lives.

My family (on the female parental unit's side) is muslim (Iranian), so I could guess at why.

....most of the muslim women who do the "devout Orthodox Islamic fundamentalist convert" thing are women from priveleged families who don't go through any of what less fortunate women go through and are too short-sighted to see beyond their own lives.

Thanks for sharing the insight. Most of us brought up in the christian-borg culture are either dismayed at this sort of thing, or, like me, offended at the extension of sharia law into society. I mean, the same rules call for homos like me to be stoned.

And I really don't want my mother or sisters subjected to this sort of "protection" by having to wear a burka or even a headscarf.

Well, I didn't say women born into the religion, like Silentloner's family, just women who pretend to convert to it for the attention factor. They think everybody is going to be so shocked and amazed by them and their new "ideals", but ultimately nobody cares. In fact, I usually go out of my way to ignore these people; that's how I can always tell the true believers from the attention whores: the true believer couldn't care less what kind of attention I, a total stranger, pay to them; the attention whore makes every effort, from subtle to blatant, to get me to care.

Where are you supposed to look at them if not the eyes? If they don't want people looking at them they shouldn't dress like a ghost. I can't help but look at them weird people. I have ongly seen them on tv the ones you are talking about. I don't see how they stand being under all them blankets and seeing everything threw a little screen. why would any woman convert to that lol

I was wrong. It was a woman underneath layers upon layers upon layers of black robes and abayas yelling...

"They are the Nazgul. Ringwraiths. Neither living nor dead..."

:HaHa:

I know this is OT, but once thing that's got me thinking if the fundamentist Muslims want their women to cover-up, why make them wear so much black? Given that black absorbs the most heat and they live in a hot climate.

I know this is OT, but once thing that's got me thinking if the fundamentist Muslims want their women to cover-up, why make them wear so much black? Given that black absorbs the most heat and they live in a hot climate.

To... discourage them from wanting to go outside as often? I dunno.

I always get a kick out of them babes that have that laser-tag target on their forehead. :HaHa:

. <--- like this :HaHa:

To... discourage them from wanting to go outside as often? I dunno.

It makes me wonder how many of them pass out from heat stroke or something a year. I bet the authorities probably wouldn't let them have water bottles since it might encourage impure thoughts in the men.