Goodbye Jesus

Fun With Mormons

The Sage Nabooru

Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 10:47 PM Subject: about the church

I may not be able to convince that mormonism is irght but i can convince you that all other forms of christianity are wrong and that the lds church is the only one that can be true. The main point is that only by a member of the priesthood can you be batized. It even tells you that in the bible, if you want i can find a reference. Now that we have that point the priesthood was killed off the Earth with the death of Christ in the Apostles. The only one left to have the power to baptize was John the Baptist who was left to wander the Earth until Christ comes again. With this all Christian have not the authority to baptize except for the mormons who when Joseph Smith was ordained a Priest by John recieved the Priesthood. This is turns gives Joseph the ability to baptize in the name of Christ. The priesthood is a tool unique only to the mormon church and therefore no other Christian church has the abiltity to baptize in the name of Christ and all false in pretense. So its either Mormonism is the true religion of Judism. And another cool piece of info is that the book of mormon was translated in 4 months and contains to flaws in in correlations with itself and the bible. So if you thinka man can write a book like that in 4 months you might want to reconsider. Anyways just a bit of info for you. You probably won't but if you every want to return to the church give me a response because i have also been a member for a year and a love every bit of this church and am pretty well educated about my religion for only being 18.

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 12:51 PM Subject: A little thing about the Mormon Church

Sir,

I'm a member of the mormon church and just got back from my mission and you know whenever I heard of people look at your crap. It always made me happy to know that they know you were full of crap. I'm so happy that you fround your spare time to lie about about the church. Its more funnyer that you got some people who use to be mormon. What happen they got into trouble and want to put the sin on the mormons. Just remember on the last day God he be there, I be there and you will be there. What happen only God knows. But I do know that the Church is true and you can't take that from me.

I don't want you to know my name.

Aug 31 2003 Satan apparently can now read about the temple ceremony

I am writing for two thigs: to call you back from APOSTASY for one thing! How dare you reveal the sacred stuff from the temple ceremoney! I have got my endowment and it was a beautiful experience, I loved it and it was not something to make fun off like your sight does! You have ruined God's plan of salvation by your apostasy and I only hope there is some way you can repent but I doubt it!! You know I cannot reveal anything sacred. When I went to the temple the workers told me, NEVER talk about any of this out side the temple, the devil can hear you and find out the signs and tokens! Then he could get into heaven. YOU HAVE TO BE WORTHY TO GO IN THE TEMPLE!! I was told never to even write down in my journal ANYTHING about the temple ceremoneys because the devil can read, YES this must be new revelations to you ERIC the devil can read. he can see what you wrote on your web sight and now IF HE HAS FOUND YOUOR SIGHT HE KNOWS THE SIGNS AND TOKENS!! GOOD GOING ERIC YOU JUST LET THE DEVIL INTO THE CELESTAL KINGDOM. This is a serious thing, after so many generations, hundreds of years of us faithful Mormons not speaking a word of the temple ceremony and keeping it sacred, never writing it down or speaking a word and you ruin it all in one fell swipe! I don't think there is repentence for you, maybe you are now a son of perditing.

Now the second reason I am writing, I love the church more than anything! Most of us do, and you left because of sins like all the rest. I am calling you to take down your wicked sight. Even if it is too late for you and you are lost maybe you can get forgiven a little bit, for not destroying more people, if you take down your sight NOW. There are lies in there too. Joseph Smith was a martyr and he deserves more respect, he is a God now you know, if you remember the song about Mingling with GODS he can plan for his brethern. Detah cannot conquer the hero again! You cannot win! Repent the end is nigh.

You can publish this letter but not my name! And I expect it would be better instead of publishing it, just take down your wicked sight immediately. Do you feel the prick in your heart?

More coming.......

lmao...is the temple ceremony where you get presented with your magical underwear?

I don't know about you...but i want the details to this temple ceremony.

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon033.htm

There's one ex-mormon's description of their experience in it. Goofy stuff. On the same page that link is on, there are other links to different topics and stories from ex-mormons describing the experience.

Also, what is up with the level of illiteracy. I speak the english bitches!

I'm still chuckling at "more funnyer".

Also, what is up with the level of illiteracy. I speak the english bitches!

I'm still chuckling at "more funnyer".

lol, and "your sight."

:P

I'm sorry..I couldn't get through most of it..but my eye did catch "ceremoneys" :lmao:

What it is with people and secret clubs? Jesus.

Tell me about it. I never could get the whole Shriner/Masonic/Elks thing. I know the Shriners run some hospitals, but really, do you need to belong to some self-described "ancient" order to do that? If they're out to benefit the world with fellowship and good works, then maybe they should stop putting so much of their dues toward buying robes, costumes, lodges, props, and all that pointless stuff. You don't need to start some ultra-secret brotherhood to benefit society.

wow...that is some insane crazy shit. Some woman on LiveJournal who says she is now an agnostic told me she was a member of the mormon church for a year and she said it was no more of a cult than any other denomination. Of course she meant it like: "it's not a cult" not "i readily admit christianity in all it's forms is culty."

I'd go for the latter, but I can see where she might be coming from. Maybe it's because I was raised in it, but I've never seen Mormonism as a cult so much as a culture. 'Course, I suppose there's an argument to be made for the similarities between the two. :shrug:

I seriously doubt she went to temple. If she did, maybe she went to one so played down, it didn't make her go...huh?

Again, having been raised in the culture has almost certainly instilled a fair bit of bias in me, but I went to the temple dozens of times and never experienced any kind of "huh?" moment. The Mormon religion is very good at establishing a sense of normality/acceptance for all their "weird" elements that others might have trouble with.

Also, a lot of this temple business seems VERY pagan to me, only like a creepy doppelganger of a pagan ceremony. Also there is a lot of masonic themes...especially the secrecy bit.

I was once told that Joseph Smith Jr. was a mason who was fluent in Hebrew. I was also told he broke with the order and used a lot of their secrets in his new religion, which is why he and his followers were hounded and persecuted so much. If that's true, it could certainly explain a lot.

You can publish this letter but not my name! And I expect it would be better instead of publishing it, just take down your wicked sight immediately. Do you feel the prick in your heart?

More coming.......

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Take the prick from my heart! That idiot is trying to bruise my left ventricle!

Pricks go elsewhere. :wicked:

It's been an odd day.

And more.......

Your Website is about the stupidest thing I have ever seen on the Internet.

You gotta be kidding me man. I can't believe what a joke your website is.

It sounds like it's a place for a bunch of people who couldn't hack it in

the true church to justify why they're now a bunch of

"LOOOOOOSSSSSEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSS". Tell your people to "REPENT OR THEY ARE

GOING TO HELL". They all know where the sons of peridition go for rejecting

the truth. They should be scared. Later you apostate.

Since these get posted, and I've read what you said I expect to see this on the message board. Some of these email I read about leaving the church, lets have a major pity party. Well guess what I've been hurt by memebers of the church too. Does that make the church not true? No The people are in perfect by far but what is taught is completely true. Some of you out there are so selfish and I'm glad that you left. If I offend you with what I've written sorry your out of luck because you've done the same thing to me. I'm ebarrased to see that we have this many weak members of the church. I'm not always strong but I know my Heavnly Father is and my Saviour too. I go to them not to a sight that it popular for bashing a Religion. Come to grips with yourselves and get on with your life and realize your not perfect either!!!!!!!!

(I just posted that last one for the "are in perfect". It look me a while to figure out that this person was using all of their brain to desperately attempt to spell out "aren't".)

An 18 year old from Utah

I read your link on mormonism. I happen to be LDS. Just because of social, reasons, i have found my self questioning the thoughts of the church myself. Contradictions have boiled in my mind. When i saw your link i was very interested. However, your liink has absolutely no factual evindence what-so-ever. I was appaled by your attempt to prove mormonism wrong. If this was your hopes, then you failed miserably. Nothing at all made sense, my friend. You think you have all this factual data, to back up your idea of a fraudulent religion, BUT YOU DON'T. So my advice to you is to get over yourself. Stop foolishly trying to prove this religion wrong, find a better one that suits your sorry, poor disposition. Your my friend, are a disgrace to society, and a true researcher. If your link held any true value, than having my own doubts should have made me sway your way.But it didn't. Find something better to do with your time, and may god bless you with all the trials you may face in life. You obviously have some issues you need to put closure to in your life, and i'm sure the church could help you with that. If you insist on doing it all on your own, then be my guest. I hope you find happiness, but if you were trying to find fame with this silly, poor excuse for a rebuttal, then you better work harder next time, and do a little more research, after all this is what your accusing Joseph Smith (who happens to be a true prophet,AND an uncle of mine) of doing right. Your words sound rubbish, and unexplanatory. I'm sorry your so unhappy with your life, you feel others must feel this pain, but heah, misery likes company right. Best of luck to you. God Bless Krisell, 18, Tremonton,UT!!

Just posted this one for the "researcher". Because we all know that "researchers" are a true disgrace to society.

Another letter ...

It is obvious that you lack a firm base in the science of archeology. Your

claims are just as unprovable simply based on a popular saying in the field

of archeology---- is that no evidence of existence is not evidence of

non-existence. Many numerous places and events from the bible are still not

yet "proven" by science. So then, is it your position that the bible be

false also?? And since you believe so strongly that the Church isn't true---

which one in your opinion is?

Just one more question--- and i'm not trying to be snide or combative--- i'm

just curious. Do you belive that good and evil exist?-- would you at least

agree that there is a God and devil? or have you decided that science is the

only answer. Because in my experience science is constantly changing--

therfore how can you put your trust in something that is constantly

changing. Put a bible and a sicence book on a shelf for 20 years, then pull

them down--- which one has changed. Now, I will be totally honest with you--

I have had my doubts also about the church. I too have served a mission and

had numerous callings--- but no matter how much I have doubted ( and I have)

I still cannot deny the feelings I have had in my heart. At the moment my

testimony is weak and I am NOT "temple worthy"--- yet I cannot bring myself

to deny what I know I have felt in my heart. I hope I havn't wasted your

time. sincerly, jason boone

Maybe numerous places and occurences in the Bible haven't been discovered by archaeologists because they didn't exist? Wow, what a way to back up a testimony.

And, for the record, I have never put any two books on a shelf, or even a single book on a shelf, and found several years later that the printing therein was magically altered. Outdated, perhaps. It feels strange to say this but I feel this young man is placing too strong a belief in science's powers when he believes that it can change permanent ink patterns on paper, even if it takes it twenty years to do so.

Everyone's favorite scapegoat, "You were never REAL Mormons because you didn't get the Holy Ghost":

The Holy Ghost

I have read over a dozen letters on this site from former Mormons who have left the church, and not one gave any indication they had ever received a testimony by the Holy Ghost that the church is true. I have been a Mormon for almost 30 years now, and I have yet to meet a convert that has never received a testimony by the Holy Ghost. I have been told that those born into the church are encouraged at a young age to gain their own personal testimonies, and I can understand why. No matter how much knowledge one may obtain over the years about the church's doctrine and history, without a testimony by the Holy Spirit, they are in a "fallable condition." Therefore, when I read these dozen or so letters stating various reasons for leaving the church, and there was nothing to indicate that these individuals had ever received a manifestation of the Holy Ghost revealing the truthfulness of the church, I was not at all surprised.

Therefore, I can only conclude, that these individuals have ever experienced that "glowing power" of the Holy Spirit, nor have they received a testimony thru him. If they had, how could they possibly deny it?

The Holy Ghost is one of the greatest gifts we shall ever receive from our Heavenly Father, and it is His truth that will sustain us and help us endure to the end. May God Bless!

Sincerely, In Jesus Christ, Yvonne Parker

I assume this is a teenager writing

i just wanted to let you know that your site is all a lie! you obviously have

no idea on what really goes on. we don't sti around and go off on other

religons and yet you all say we do and we brainwash etc. we do not do n e

such thing. in our temples sacred ordinances are performed. familys are

sealed. People get married. we do not abuse children and brain wash them. I

know that the church of jesus christ of latter day saints is true! and we are

not mormons. we are LATTER DAY SAINTS. members of the church of JESUS CHRIST

of latter day saints! If you want hard core facts about my religon call

missionaries. ask an active member. learn the truth. don't spread lies. How

do u even know that people that are writing to you are even lds? for all you

know they could be people that have nothing better to do. i only am writing

you because some one told me that there was this website that had all false

information! so i went to it to see if there was a way i could contact you

people and let you know my feelings about this. you can post this or

whatever. i don't care. i just want you to know that what you are doing is

wrong! it is also very offensive to me and other members. so if you would be

nice enough to remove that website i would be very greatful.

Sincerley,

A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS.

I am sorry but I will not pollute my thoughts with untrue literature about the church.

A testimoney of the gospel is frail , if it is based on studing historical fact, and scientific reasoning. Satan has made sure that our historical accounts, and scientific beliefs can not fully prove the gospel true. Satan has made sure that the scientific knowledge, and historical knowledge demonstrate errors in the gospel . Satan is decieving many people this way. The only way to get a testimoney of the gospel is to pray and study, , and ask sincerely if it is true. YOu will recieve an answer . If all you do is study history, and science, then you will get satans answer.

I assume this is a teenager writing

i just wanted to let you know that your site is all a lie! you obviously have

no idea on what really goes on. we don't sti around and go off on other

religons and yet you all say we do and we brainwash etc. we do not do n e

such thing. in our temples sacred ordinances are performed. familys are

sealed. People get married. we do not abuse children and brain wash them. I

know that the church of jesus christ of latter day saints is true! and we are

not mormons. we are LATTER DAY SAINTS. members of the church of JESUS CHRIST

of latter day saints! If you want hard core facts about my religon call

missionaries. ask an active member. learn the truth. don't spread lies. How

do u even know that people that are writing to you are even lds? for all you

know they could be people that have nothing better to do. i only am writing

you because some one told me that there was this website that had all false

information! so i went to it to see if there was a way i could contact you

people and let you know my feelings about this. you can post this or

whatever. i don't care. i just want you to know that what you are doing is

wrong! it is also very offensive to me and other members. so if you would be

nice enough to remove that website i would be very greatful.

Sincerley,

A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS.

Good god! With this butchered grammar, punctuation and spelling, no wonder "Mormon" is just one letter off from "moron". And for goodness sake, even my brother at age five knew to always capitalize the first letter of a word if it begins a sentence! Please, plu-lease people! If you're illiterate, get some use out of your Microsoft Word. It'll cover up a multitude of sins. :twitch:

I actually didn't learn this until long after I deconverted. Mormon canon holds that Jo Smith was an illiterate farm boy--plays into the "miracle" of his being able to translate the plates. :ugh:

I didn't know you were an ex-mormon. You seem so normal. :lmao:

I see my plan is working. :wicked:

:lmao:

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out whether there was something different about the community I grew up in or I'm just kind of an anomoly and my upbringing blinded me to all the weirdness around me. :shrug:

Also, a lot of this temple business seems VERY pagan to me, only like a creepy doppelganger of a pagan ceremony. Also there is a lot of masonic themes...especially the secrecy bit.

What it is with people and secret clubs? Jesus.

The thing about that is, Joseph Smith had joined a Masonic lodge just a few months before he invented the mormon "religion" so he incorporated a lot of the Masonic rituals into his cult. An example is the part of the moron wedding ceremony where the bride hides behind a curtain and the groom (on the other side) whispers her secret name to her. He bestows a new name on her, that is not supposed to be told to any one else, so it will serve as a sort of pass word in the after life, so that he can identify her as his true wife in mormon heaven. :Wendywhatever:

What the hell? This shit actually goes on? They actually think John the Baptist (who was beheaded...) is walking around? That's a little spooky. Why do people think this stuff is true? And why can't any of those people write? Maybe that is the way Mormons keep their people chained, by keeping them dumb.

I think maybe this isn't the norm for Mormons everywhere. These letters, are they coming out of Utah only? Probably the further away they get from Utah the more liberal they are in their beliefs. I have talked to several Mormons and none of them mentioned this crazy stuff. I mean, they have some weird traditions, but that John walking the earth thing really killed me.

Also, I hated the comment about "how can you believe something that is always changing?" How can you believe something that NEVER changes but is obviously in need of it? The Bible is so outdated for this culture and time that it is hardly applicable in any practical sense without picking and choosing what passages you will believe or discard based on the time period.

Oh my gosh.

So sad to see so many brainwashed and living under such strict rules.

Letter 11

You people disgust me.

I am terribly sorry to see that you all have lost your testimonies, and

are trying to bring others down to the miserable state you are in. after

all, if you cant be happy, why should any one else be, right?

I just want to bear my testimony to you, wether youll listen or not. I

KNOW this church is true. I KNOW Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that

GOrden B Hinkley is a true prophet today. I know our Heavenly Father and

Jesus Christ live. I know that they love me dearly. They love you too, but

they are sad to see the actions you are taking to lose others in the veil of

darkness.

As for me, Im holding tight to the iron rod, and I will do my best so that

when I return to my Father in Heaven, he will take me in his arms and say,

"well done, my good and faithful servant."

I hope you have a nice life- ( i mean that)

love-

A daughter of God.

That "Well done" line scares me.

I really think that you should pray about what you have done. I am not saying that you are a bad person...I don't even know you. Your website is degrading though. If you belive in the bible, then read it. I don't even need the Book of Morman to know that its teachings are true. The Book Of Morman is another testament of Jesus Christ. I believe it to be true. I am acting on faith, and faith alone...for all I know, our entire existince can just be one big dream....don't you want to feel like if you die, your not dead forever? Don't you want to feel like you have a place in this world??

The thing that amazes me the most, is that you still have the nerve to say that you belive in GOD. How dare you. How could you have: gone on a mission, been babtised, recieved the holy ghost, got married in the temple, then say you don't believe in the teachings of the Gospel. That is wrong. If you are going to believe something, you need to put your shoulder to the wheel, push a long the hard road of life, and rise against whatever made you leave the church, and come back...I know that this church is true and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet...If you will just look for the good in the church, you will see. I know that there is still hope for you, you just have to pray and find it.

You gotta respect a follower who can't even spell the name of their own church right.

And of course we all know that if you're not Christian, you can't believe in God. It's just impossible.

I am not saying our religion is perfect! I mean I have had my fair share of bad things, drugs sex and things, I have fallen from my church but I have accepted it, I have a stronger testimony and I am learning, this is my way of coping, don't cheat others out of a possible coping method. I have had doubts... tithing, and fasting and things like that. Especially that African American priesthood thing. I talked to my bishop about it, he didn't have the clearest answer, maybe he just couldn't explain it. I went home and prayed and got my answer, and it is very hard to explain. I am 16 years old.

You've got to admit, the guy's steadfastness and determination is admirable, if blind to the point of ignorance.

The members of our church would never critisize ex-members. We at the church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints respect other religions. We are not intimadated by those who belief differently. Becuase we have an inner peace and knowledge of the whole truth.I refuse to lower myself to downgrading other religions or beliefs (those of who i respect).

i.e., "We do not disapprove of other religions or ex-members as long as they are Mormon."

Letter 19

my name is john iam a 16 yr old mormon who lives in salt lake city utah. ten

bucks says you were never a mormon, your web poage was probably written by

some 60 yr old mormon hater. comon you expect me to belive that guys from my

church came to your door and said if you don't sign a paper you will go to

hell.!!! i just don't get people like you. why do you say things like that.

if you don't like the chuch then ignore us, but don't say things like that

about us. take a look in the mirrior buddy, what kind of person are you to be

saying things that you know are NOT true.

you make me sick

This isn't the first time I've heard of the "sign this and agree to go to hell" tactic.

From the third letter in the OP

When I went to the temple the workers told me, NEVER talk about any of this out side the temple, the devil can hear you and find out the signs and tokens! Then he could get into heaven. YOU HAVE TO BE WORTHY TO GO IN THE TEMPLE!! I was told never to even write down in my journal ANYTHING about the temple ceremoneys because the devil can read, YES this must be new revelations to you ERIC the devil can read. he can see what you wrote on your web sight and now IF HE HAS FOUND YOUOR SIGHT HE KNOWS THE SIGNS AND TOKENS!! GOOD GOING ERIC YOU JUST LET THE DEVIL INTO THE CELESTAL KINGDOM.
lmao, oh no, the debil has the tokens! Do you have to take a bus to get the heaven?

What the hell? This shit actually goes on? They actually think John the Baptist (who was beheaded...) is walking around? That's a little spooky. Why do people think this stuff is true? And why can't any of those people write? Maybe that is the way Mormons keep their people chained, by keeping them dumb.

This is no more true of Mormonism than of any other organization. I've always been a fairly intelligent individual, as were all my fellow LDS friends.

Human nature applies to Mormons just as fully as it does to any other group. The stupid people are just louder.

I think maybe this isn't the norm for Mormons everywhere. These letters, are they coming out of Utah only? Probably the further away they get from Utah the more liberal they are in their beliefs.

This is half-true. Salt Lake City is an oasis of liberal thought in the deepest blue state in the nation, and the Dixie area is notorious for being Utah's Vegas. Ironically enough, Utah has the largest population of "jack Mormons" (also called Sunday Mormons; basically our own version of non-denominational Christians who pay lip service and occasional attendance to the beliefs but don't really live by them) you'll find anywhere; Mormons outside of Utah are often much more attendant to their beliefs because the local culture doesn't cater to them.

Also, I hated the comment about "how can you believe something that is always changing?" How can you believe something that NEVER changes but is obviously in need of it? The Bible is so outdated for this culture and time that it is hardly applicable in any practical sense without picking and choosing what passages you will believe or discard based on the time period.

Oh my gosh.

So sad to see so many brainwashed and living under such strict rules.

See, that's the wonderful part about your religion dominating the culture you live in. Just like every other Christian does with the babble, most Mormons in Utah simply pick and choose which church rules suit their desires and ignore all the others.

I apologize if I'm coming off as overly defensive of the Mormon religion; it's something in which I still struggle with separating logic from emotion. Just understand that I was raised as a Mormon by Mormon parents, most of my friends as well as most of the people I knew growing up were Mormons, and they were all damn good folks. Their religion had nothing to do with it. So to sit here and read criticisms of the beliefs I once and many of them still hold implying that anyone who actually believes what is "so obviously so much fantastical crap" must be some kind of moron--especially when this is being said by someone who's never been a member and knows nothing of the Mormon religion... It's rather difficult.

This is half-true. Salt Lake City is an oasis of liberal thought in the deepest blue state in the nation, and the Dixie area is notorious for being Utah's Vegas. Ironically enough, Utah has the largest population of "jack Mormons" (also called Sunday Mormons; basically our own version of non-denominational Christians who pay lip service and occasional attendance to the beliefs but don't really live by them) you'll find anywhere; Mormons outside of Utah are often much more attendant to their beliefs because the local culture doesn't cater to them.

I've heard that said before - I've even heard that Salt Lake City residents often take an outright anti-Mormon stance. Idaho seems to be much more fervently Mormon; Provo, Utah is probably the only place you can expect a lot of devout Mormonism, it being the home of BYU and thus thousands of young returned missionaries and such.

Yeah, after living in the culture long enough many people develop a kind of knee-jerk reaction to it, angrily denouncing the Mormon church and anything associated with it; whereas in any other situation they would likely say they're not Mormons, don't believe because X and let it go at that.

I've been (and likely still am at times) guilty of this myself. I'm afraid prolonged exposure eventually comes to define a person's behavior to some extent, unfortunately.

As for Idaho, we like to refer to our northern neighbor as "Utah with potatoes." :HaHa:

Provo is an exception to the trend toward more liberal politics in urban population centers, but it's far from the only place in the state where you'll find devout adherence to LDS beliefs. It's quite the opposite; as I said, SLC is the red-headed liberal step-child to the rest of the deep blue Utah family.

From the third letter in the OP

When I went to the temple the workers told me, NEVER talk about any of this out side the temple, the devil can hear you and find out the signs and tokens! Then he could get into heaven. YOU HAVE TO BE WORTHY TO GO IN THE TEMPLE!! I was told never to even write down in my journal ANYTHING about the temple ceremoneys because the devil can read, YES this must be new revelations to you ERIC the devil can read. he can see what you wrote on your web sight and now IF HE HAS FOUND YOUOR SIGHT HE KNOWS THE SIGNS AND TOKENS!! GOOD GOING ERIC YOU JUST LET THE DEVIL INTO THE CELESTAL KINGDOM.
lmao, oh no, the debil has the tokens! Do you have to take a bus to get the heaven?

There is a highway to hell. Maybe there's one to Heaven too?