Goodbye Jesus

How Fast Can You Get A Christian To Be Angery At You

vargo

I told my wife's mother, that " Ever since I stop believing in GOD and Jesus, My life is so much happier."

MAN!! SHE WENT FROM HAPPY TO PISSED IN 3.2 SECONDS.

:HaHa:

I told my wife's mother, that " Ever since I stop believing in GOD and Jesus, My life is so much happier."

Ouch.

So what did your wife think?

I can't get a Christian pissed at me that fast, 'cause I like to really piss 'em off.

So, I'll relay this story, because it's funny, and it's my piss Christians off story.

And, even better, it's true.

I had a friend in college who was dedicated to my salvation. She was the friend, of a friend, of a friend who I'd started a bisexual support group on campus with.

Obviously, I needed some salvation.

So, we hung out, a lot. Even went to "Christian Raves" with this girl. And it was a continual back and forth of "Jesus" from her and "obscenity" from me. I'd gain some ground (like managing to get her to drink something alcoholic, and ultimately get her to admit that alcohol wasn't sinful, and that Reisling was quite tasty), then she'd gain some ground (to this day, I like Plumb. They're a good fucking band...even if they're Christian). So, we were discussing salvation, and she's a gung-ho, Pentecostal, gifts of the SPIRIT type, very firm in her belief that salvation can be known by speaking in tongues.

So I ask the logical question, "Couldn't someone fake that?"

"No," she says, "And if they tried, the Holy Spirit would tell me immediately."

She's a nice girl, and I don't like seeing nice people brainwashed completely. And she was getting way out there...to the point that she was telling her mom that she was going to hell. So, I got saved.

;)

In reality, I was a drama major. Not an acting focus, but this wasn't a hard part. Just a little research.

So, I start going to church with her (my roommate is laughing his ass off every time I come back to the dorms), and finally, I bust out some tonguespeaking.

Moreover, I actually spoke Hebrew. All the Hebrew I know. The Shema, as taught to me by my Jewish sister.

People were MAD impressed.

So, I leave with my friend, and she's all happy that I was saved, and how now she knows for sure. And I figured this was as good a time as any to have a cigarette...which I'd been careful not to do since I'd begun my role. I explained how I'd played out the role, studied, set it up, and was not any different than I was before.

She stared at me, and then said, "But the Holy Spirit said you were saved."

"That was your wishful thinking, darling," says I, "You're the only one responsible for what you feel and think."

Not only did I deconvert her, but she decided to move to New Orleans with her boyfriend the next year. Well, after her boyfriend's divorce became final. :)

I finish that story with most Christians, and I've got a serious ball of rage in front of me.

I was particularly happy with being called the Antichrist.

I was particularly happy with being called the Antichrist.

I know how you feel. I've sort of become the work place antichrist at my job.

Doesn't bother me one bit. Honestly it's kind of a badge of honor. :grin:

Just about anything I say at work pisses those "good christians" I work with

quickly. I like to sit at my station and sing "I'm Going to Hell" by Pat McCurdy

to myself. Goes over well.

So does "Straight to Hell" by Drivin-N-Cryin.

"I'm goin' straight to hell

Just like my mama said

I'm goin' straight to hell"

Go into a christian chatroom and say You're all deluded for believing the obviously wrong" and then duck behind the sandbags.

Ouch.

So what did your wife think?

Nothing she just walked away smiling, She loves me and the best thing is.... she is just like me, but I'm more vocal about it then she is.

Manta:

Go into a christian chatroom and say You're all deluded for believing the obviously wrong" and then duck behind the sandbags.

You would be soooo banned, like soooo quick. In fact, they would probably delete you before anyone knew you were there.

Sidhe: I have spent the past 5 minutes watching your avatar. :lmao:

Yep...that'll do it. The only real "proof" they have is the feeling they get from belief. Suggesting the idea that one doesnt need their dogma to live a full enjoyable life causes a short circuit in their fundy programming almost every time. :P

:devil:

Great story sidhe. Those kinds of fundies can be the hardest to deal with, because their claims are totally unsupportable and yet they refuse to accept that.

I can see why you would want to piss off Christians. It can be fun, no doubt. My question is why piss them off? I am a big one to try to reach out to them, mostly out of pitty, knowing I was once one of them. I ocassionally have the raving lunatic reponse, but mostly I act calm and use more empathy than they have and just try to be decent. I have litterally had Christians ask me why I left, and when I tell them, I have had the apologize for the actions of many of their bretheran. When they realize I am not kidding and I mean it when I say I am not going back, and they really understand, they sometimes fade away but I am suprised but they will still talk. There is one who is about to make the plundge as I did. If you get rude and nasty, you simply reinforce what they already thought of nonchristians and pagans. If our aim is to overcome the opression of the Christians machine, we must convert others, that is the ONLY way to win. Pissing them off is fine and fun but it really does not accomplish the long range goals of what many of us want. Sorry to be preaching.

Yeah, I don't get it either. To intentionally piss off a Christian is only proving right their belief that unbelievers are bitter, angry people full of hate.

Sage and Burnedout..I would tend to agree with you both.

Now, if you come across one who is just too annoying..and I came across those while still abeliever..the gloves are off.

On another board, there is a most annoying poster. Her constant "I'm a true follower, I just luv jesus, I do no wrong cuz he wouldn't like it" gets on my last nerve.

I tend to use her thoughts against her. Like "Are you god-fearing?"

Uhm.."No, I don't fear anything. Didn't it say "god doesn't give a spirit of fear?"

her: "But, don't you fear evil?"

Me: "No, I will fear no evil."

Of course, then I get the flurry of verses about why we should fear. And I then counter with the ones of why we shouldn't, which gives them looks of :twitch:

It can be funny..to use the book to show the inconsistancies. I mean which is it? Fear? Fear not?

Yeah, I don't get it either. To intentionally piss off a Christian is only proving right their belief that unbelievers are bitter, angry people full of hate.

Huh?

Making them angry proves you are angry?

Huh?

Making them angry proves you are angry?

My take on it is that if you make them angry, they then feel embarrassed and to get over that they then feel justified in declaring nonbelievers all the things they declare them to be.

But, if you open up lines of communication, chances are they might just understand..and begin to doubt..rather than feeling defensive and digging their heels in deeper.

Of course, this generally does not work with hard core fundamentals. Piss 'em off, they are usually in that state to begin with anyway.

My take on it is that if you make them angry, they then feel embarrassed and to get over that they then feel justified in declaring nonbelievers all the things they declare them to be.

But, if you open up lines of communication, chances are they might just understand..and begin to doubt..rather than feeling defensive and digging their heels in deeper.

Of course, this generally does not work with hard core fundamentals. Piss 'em off, they are usually in that state to begin with anyway.

Meh, I have no interest in "enlightening" the world. If I come into contact with people who wish to talk about philosophy and my ideas then I share them. Otherwise, I just say whatever comes to mind most of the time and rarely guard my tongue.

And we just love that about you, Asimov.. :HaHa:

But, I guess the point of the OP was how to deliberately provoke people..which may not always be a wise idea.

But, I guess the point of the OP was how to deliberately provoke people..which may not always be a wise idea.

Sometimes it isn't, like if they are holding a gun.

Sometimes it isn't, like if they are holding a gun.

I can see it now...

In the news: Local pastor guns down Atheist for being provokative and ungodly

Just say jeezus fucking christ in response to something! That gets em every time!

Just say jeezus fucking christ in response to something! That gets em every time!

I always like to quote from the Movie Team America: World Police

( right before he blew up)

Jesus Crist Titty fucking

Easiest way? Say the "c" word in their presence. When I had the deconversion talk with my stepmom, she asked why. Among other reasons, I listed the fact that I figured out that Christianity in general was just a cult, and I really didn't want to have anything to do with any remotely "spiritual" group anymore and felt that spirituality was something best kept private. She was not happy. Later she told me she understood but she was pissed at the time.

my favorite thing to say after they say a christian belief is:

"That has to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard!"

it really does feel good to say it with a chuckle after being presented with really stupid reasoning.

i say a joke:

q: what's the difference between jesus on the cross and a picture of jesus?

a: it only takes one nail to hang up the picture.

but im with asimov. i dont discuss unless someone ones to talk philosophy and/or theology.

Yeah...metoo. I don't give a rats arse either way......for me people interested in 'deconvertin' the fundy or the xian are confusing their role ...and maybe ..just maybe (if they are EX xian) they are still harboring some leftover behaviours of their 'old' religion.

I dunno... its still 'witnessing'

to get the fundy /xian riled.....well, for me its not that difficult...online ..a bad speller will always get those tightarsed idoits in a spin....add a little poor gramma and I've got em' by the short and curlies...I hardly ever tidy up my typo's anyway....suck it - judge me how you like.

the fundie/xian usual efforts of remaining ever so polite and "happy happy" begin to waver ....so rather than insult...I might add a comment or two about 'masterbation'....they don't like to be reminded of their 'sin'....

okay...its cruel

or I might act gay....if I can be bothered.

Was Jesus gay.....?

I just break out the "Missionary Dating" story after I hear too much about the "wisdom of the holy spirit."

Or if someone tries to justify "Missionary Dating."

my favorite thing to say after they say a christian belief is:

"That has to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard!"

it really does feel good to say it with a chuckle after being presented with really stupid reasoning.

Perfect! Although I rarely get the chance to use your technique, it does work perfectly in getting a Christian really angry. They are so used to non-believers “respecting” their beliefs that they are taken aback when someone calls them on it.

One of my favorite techniques is to not allow a Christian the right to assume that I know anything at all about Christianity. The usually start with the assumption that I now all about sin, Jesus, and his sacrifice. If you do not allow them to get away with that they have to start at the beginning. Once a Christian has to back up a little and tell you all about their god and his marvelous plan, it all sounds so incredibly ridiculous that I then feel free to laugh my ass off. :lmao:

IBF