Goodbye Jesus

A New Theory On The Origin Of The Universe

Misterspock1

Not sure exactly what forum this should go in, so I decided to put it here.

Just the other day my brain became extremely imaginative. What if man created himself? Is it possible that maybe sometime in the far future that man will become so advanced that he can travel outside of this dimension. Maybe there will also be a time when man has the ability to create his own universe. What's to say that some day a group of scientists from Earth (or its associated star systems) will go back in time and create the universe, either intentionally or by accident? What if we are all in a gigantic time loop from which we will never escape?

Man would be a paradox. We should not exist, yet we do. Boy, that really messes with your mind. :scratch:

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Just the other day my brain became extremely imaginative. What if man created himself? Is it possible that maybe sometime in the far future that man will become so advanced that he can travel outside of this dimension. Maybe there will also be a time when man has the ability to create his own universe. What's to say that some day a group of scientists from Earth (or its associated star systems) will go back in time and create the universe, either intentionally or by accident? What if we are all in a gigantic time loop from which we will never escape?

Man would be a paradox. We should not exist, yet we do. Boy, that really messes with your mind. :scratch:

Hi Spock, welcome!

Regarding your paradox - it depends what you mean by universe. If you accept that time itself began with the birth of the universe then would it not be the case that something which is a product of time cannot enter into a state which predates time, something cannot go back into nothingness?

What you say about pondering such things is true and it can bother people greatly, I think its bacause the the mind is trying to understand something which by its very nature is beyond the capacity of the mind. Is this not why some people say that science cannot speculate beyond the point of at which the universe comes into existence since its something not open to science? I once read a very clever person giving advice to people on such thoughts and he suggested keeping well away from it at the first signs of disturbance - I suspect for the reasons you give.

This has already been postulated by Isaac Asimov. I forget the name of the short story, but it's fascinating. I was actually introduced to it on these forums, perhaps someone else here is familiar with it. Takes place in snapshots, progressing farther and farther into the future , until mankind give up their bodies to become beings of energy, become gods, and when the energy in the universe starts to run out, they restart the whole process with the words, "Let there be light." Freaky stuff.

Isaac Asimov wrote a short story similar to that.

This has already been postulated by Isaac Asimov.
Isaac Asimov wrote a short story similar to that.
Are you sure? Because HuaiDan is saying something entirely different. :scratch:

:HaHa:

I'd like about a pound of whatever you and Isaac Asimov were smoking when your minds became "imaginative" and came up with this theory. Point me to where I can get it! :thanks:

This has already been postulated by Isaac Asimov. I forget the name of the short story, but it's fascinating. I was actually introduced to it on these forums, perhaps someone else here is familiar with it. Takes place in snapshots, progressing farther and farther into the future , until mankind give up their bodies to become beings of energy, become gods, and when the energy in the universe starts to run out, they restart the whole process with the words, "Let there be light." Freaky stuff.

I mentioned it a while back. I have to check my books. It's based on the question how the universe could have evolved from a big bang and yet not break the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Mankinds question to the computer: "What about the entropy in the universe and it's origin?"

Computer: "I don't have enough information to answer that question"

Mankind builds more advanced computer, same question, same answer... several times, until mankind is a virtual being in a higher dimension of existence, integrated with the super (universal) computer, asks the question and the computer answer:

"Let there be light!"

I mentioned it a while back. I have to check my books. It's based on the question how the universe could have evolved from a big bang and yet not break the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Mankinds question to the computer: "What about the entropy in the universe and it's origin?"

Computer: "I don't have enough information to answer that question"

Mankind builds more advanced computer, same question, same answer... several times, until mankind is a virtual being in a higher dimension of existence, integrated with the super (universal) computer, asks the question and the computer answer:

"Let there be light!"

Interesting. I've got to read that.

Definitely goes against Achem's Razor, though... :lmao:

By popular demand, here is The Last Question, by Isaac Asimov. Enjoy.

Thanks HuaiDan. I enjoyed that.

That's an awesome story! Unfortunately, I wasn't the first who thought up the idea. :Doh:

That's an awesome story! Unfortunately, I wasn't the first who thought up the idea. WendyDoh.gif

Don't feel bad. After all, the man was a genius of unfathomable dimension.

Guest Mr. XC

Your idea reminded me of this:

http://www.facim.org/excerpts/s3e3.htm

http://www.facim.org/excerpts/s3chart.htm

Basically, in the above theory, the consciousness of man made man. Of course, the above theory goes into a lot more. But were there similarities with what your brain came up with?

Guest Mr. XC

That was a very interesting short story.

He also said: "Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."

Quite a smart person indeed.