Jump to content

Email From A Friend....


lothartx
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got this from a friend I've known for about 15 years. He just got married at the ripe ol' age of 38 to woman he'd been dating for about 5 years. She's a Christian, but not a fundie. She's not the type to think Harry Potter is evil. They used to live close by, but now live in Dallas, a few hours up the road.

 

We have been to more than one "Gentleman's Entertainment" establishments. :grin:

 

He used to email me jokes, mostly off color. Ocasional girly pics. (R-rated)

 

Now I get stuff like this... uggghhh. :ugh:

 

I sent him a reply and made idle chit chat.

 

I PS'ed with "My wife is the Christian, I'm the agnostic/athiest."

 

I thought he was smarter. :Hmm:

 

I still value his friendship. We aren't real close, but I don't have that many friends.

 

(The pics didn't copy-n-paste and I'm to lazy to figure out to insert them.)

 

This is attributed to Andy Rooney. I have no idea if it's real.

 

 

DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view .. it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall,

right above where the Supreme Court judges sit,

a display of the Ten Commandments!

 

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

 

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

 

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:

 

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law an oligarchy .

 

the rule of few over many.

 

DID YOU KNOW?

 

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:

 

"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

 

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

 

Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on.

 

Chamber, US House of Representatives

 

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is your turn...

 

It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and Be Quiet!!!

 

If you agree, pass this on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy Rooney is an Atheist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Claim: Religious symbols and references abound in U.S. capital buildings and the words of America's founders.

 

Status: Multiple — see below:

 

 

Buildings in the U.S. capital and statements by America's founding fathers includes references to Judeo-Christian tradition: True.

 

The items included in the piece quoted below demonstrate a government endorsement of Judeo-Christian tradition: False.

 

Full story HERE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.