Goodbye Jesus

Drive By Yelling (rant)

AtheistMommy

Today, I was out on the road for what seem like all day long. It wasn't fun. There seem to be a million cars trying to get to one place every where I went. I was sitting in traffic, on my way home, it was about 7pm, dead stopped traffic, it didn't move till 8:30pm. My kids were wonderful, they sat and didn't complain. I have no idea why they were being so good, they normally complain about sitting in one place. But this time they just sat and listened to their kid music.

I figured there was a horrible accident up ahead. Of course I always wonder if there were kids involved. I cant' stand when a kid is hurt. It always makes me think of my own. I saw a fire truck rush by. A little bit later two ambulances rush by. Then those trucks with the signs that block lanes.

They blocked the lane I was in. I had to get over two lanes. Now, I've said this before but this time I have proof. A very large blue truck refused to let me over and nearly ran me into the cones. As it drove by a woman, with her body half way out the window, yelled at me. I'm sorry, I couldn't understand what she was saying because, one, I had my windows up, and two, I had the kids music up. But by the look on her face and the actions they took to keep me from getting over, I think it's safe to assume they were pissed off at my stickers.

This (most likely Christian) woman, took it upon herself to endanger my family so she could try and give me an ear full. What kind of logic is that? I personally give all drivers the right of way when they need to get in my lane. Why? Because its the best way to prevent an accident and I've been in their situation.

It not only angers me that people like her exist. It angers me that she thought she was doing something good. That was neither the time nor the place. Next to us there was a car mangled. What ever happened to "sacred life?" It didn't' look to me like she cared too much about life.

I really wish these people would come to their senses and stop doing this crap!

Yeah, when people like her do things like that, it only shows her immaturity. And her ignorance of her own religous beliefs. The fact that she thought yelling through her window in the middle of traffic was going to actually help her cause is absolutely ridiculous.

But that's what we get for not being like them. Is it just me, or isn't it ironic that Christians curse at non-Christians for our disbelief, but we don't curse at them for their beliefs? I haven't seen an Atheist yell at someone for having Christian bumper stickers, or a Christian t-shirt, or for listening to Christian music. But Christians yell at us. Go figure...

Yeah, when people like her do things like that, it only shows her immaturity. And her ignorance of her own religous beliefs. The fact that she thought yelling through her window in the middle of traffic was going to actually help her cause is absolutely ridiculous.

But that's what we get for not being like them. Is it just me, or isn't it ironic that Christians curse at non-Christians for our disbelief, but we don't curse at them for their beliefs? I haven't seen an Atheist yell at someone for having Christian bumper stickers, or a Christian t-shirt, or for listening to Christian music. But Christians yell at us. Go figure...

I didn't think about that, but yeah. I've seen plenty of irritating bumperstickers on cars. I've yet to take the time and effort to pull down my window and tell them what I think of it. But of course, my mind is set on getting to where I need to go without getting into an accident.

I didn't think about that, but yeah. I've seen plenty of irritating bumperstickers on cars. I've yet to take the time and effort to pull down my window and tell them what I think of it. But of course, my mind is set on getting to where I need to go without getting into an accident.

You're just showing that you are the better person. Besides, if you yelled at them, they'd feel justified at screaming "Persecution! Intolerance! Abuse!" in defense.

Anybody that doesn't have anything better to do in traffic than chew somebody else out for their bumperstickers is a grade-A USDA prime loser. And probably has a really small, sad life to boot.

I mean really. Nobody likes traffic. But there's no good reason to be an utter biznatch about it.

Ah, but you know, AM wasn't supposed to hear that... JEEEEEBUS heard it and immediately noted some extra pie-in-the-sky for fundie babe! :Hmm:

As usual, the middle name of the jebus death cult turns out to be "hypocrisy".

Besides, if you yelled at them, they'd feel justified at screaming "Persecution! Intolerance! Abuse!" in defense.

Honestly now, do you really think they'll ever stop babbling about being persecuted unless they achieved total world domination? :vent:

You're just showing that you are the better person. Besides, if you yelled at them, they'd feel justified at screaming "Persecution! Intolerance! Abuse!" in defense.

Besides, if you yelled at them, they'd feel justified at screaming "Persecution! Intolerance! Abuse!" in defense.

Honestly now, do you really think they'll ever stop babbling about being persecuted unless they achieved total world domination? :vent:

Even if they achieved total world domination, they would never stop

believing that they were persecuted. They already believe in a lot

of things that don't exist; it wouldn't be hard for them to add one

more to the list.

Even if they achieved total world domination, they would never stop

believing that they were persecuted. They already believe in a lot

of things that don't exist; it wouldn't be hard for them to add one

more to the list.

LOL! You know, after they cut me off and sped back and forth across the highway I thought, I should have honked while she talked. But then again, why?

There have been two reports in the past few months of someone getting off their car and shooting at another car here in the good ol bible belt. So now when I'm stuck in traffic or at a stop light, I wonder if an irate "persecuted" xian is going to hop off his car and try and murder me and my little family.

Then another thought crosses my mind, "is it worth it?" I'm torn right now. I don't want to crawl under a rock just to keep them happy. But at the same time, I don't want my kids to get hurt over some imaginary friend crap.

I'm sorry, I'm a big depressed about this whole thing. I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of any Atheistic things in or out of my car (besides me).

If it was just you, I'd say "Screw those people", but the even remote possibility that your children might be in danger because of the anger of some whack jobs is enough cause to remove them in my opinion.

Taph

Are you sure it was the bumper stickers and not just your attempt to "cut in front" of her? Did she have bumber stickers too? Or a fish?

The reason I ask..and this situation is a bit different, not an accident or sudden lane closure, but something that has been there for years:

Yesterday, we were on our way back into town. As you leave the loop to enter the main highway, the lanes go from two to one. Its clearly marked for over a mile and unless you're from out of town, you know the left lane ends.

Its a point of contention everyday at rush hour. Things back up, because not only does it go down to one lane, its an exit only lane. (yes, totally stupid!)

So, as you sit in the long que..waiting to get onto the freeway, the lanes are narrowing. Cars are all behind you, in front of you, not moving. It never fails. Some idiot who thinks they are the "privelaged" one..comes shooting up the left side (even after the lane is gone and its just a shoulder) expecting to be let in in front of everyone else. Not just cars, 18 wheelers do it do.

Why not let them in, you ask? Because there are 10 more fools waiting to do the same thing. It can take up to 45 minutes to navigate that little over a mile roadspace. My husband has been pushed to the wall (yes, there are barriers there too) by some idiot who chose to start coming over with no room.

Of course...we help the cause of making xtians look like fools, too. See..4 years ago I put one of those license plate thingies on my car. It says "Jesus Is Lord"..three years ago, I deconverted..and never have removed it. (guess I should do that, huh?) So..as my husband returns hand signals... :lmao:

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand what she was saying because, one, I had my windows up, and two, I had the kids music up. But by the look on her face and the actions they took to keep me from getting over, I think it's safe to assume they were pissed off at my stickers.

BTW, what bumper stickers do you have?

Don't get rid of your stickers just because of some xtian idiot. Whenever I'm driving around and see a Darwin fish or other symbol on a car it brightens up my day.

A good idea might be to get magnetic bumper stickers, so you can take them off when you park and such.

AM I am so glad that you didn't stoop to that fool's level. It was beneficial for those kids.

I've been cursed at, and nearly run off the road a gazillion times by people with road rage(and I have ZERO bumper stickers). I may curse and mumble to myself, but I won't stoop to their level...Because there is no telling what they might do.

As everyone else said, the moment you would have retaliated they would have screamed religious persecution...The irony is that I've met more non religious people who follow the example of christ as opposed to those who claim that belief...

AND We all know how fundies love Jesus...But they support the death penalty and the uninhibited use of fire arms. :Wendywhatever::loser::scratch:

Just out of curiousity, what do your bumper stickers say?

But by the look on her face and the actions they took to keep me from getting over, I think it's safe to assume they were pissed off at my stickers.

What stickers do you have? :HaHa:

I'm like this.....

This is a free country and (for right now, at least) there's no law that says you can't have Athiest bumper stickers on your car. If some fool wanted to start something over them, then he's the one breaking the law. As for being afraid someone might hurt you over them, people will act crazy regardless of what you do.

If it's not getting mad over getting cut off in traffic, it's some asshole who wants to carjack you....or another idiot who will break into your car because he thinks you have something of value inside. If you get new rims, someone might snatch them off. In other words, you can't live your life in fear because no matter what you do, you're a target.

Just make sure you always use common sense. That's the best you can do in this messed up world.

Well, I own my own cafepress shop so we make our own stickers (www.cafepress.com/ftlshop).

One sticker says "Read the bible, become an atheist"

going down the list ( I think I have five total)

"Atheists do it godless"

'FTLshop"

"SOAD"

"can't wait, 2008"

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Of course I also have plates that say "UNBLVR" and a darwin fish right above that. I'm use to the drive by look of dislike. And I do sometimes not get let in. But this is the first time I've acutally been driven into something.

Are you sure it was the bumper stickers and not just your attempt to "cut in front" of her? Did she have bumber stickers too? Or a fish?

The reason I ask..and this situation is a bit different, not an accident or sudden lane closure, but something that has been there for years:

Yesterday, we were on our way back into town. As you leave the loop to enter the main highway, the lanes go from two to one. Its clearly marked for over a mile and unless you're from out of town, you know the left lane ends.

Its a point of contention everyday at rush hour. Things back up, because not only does it go down to one lane, its an exit only lane. (yes, totally stupid!)

So, as you sit in the long que..waiting to get onto the freeway, the lanes are narrowing. Cars are all behind you, in front of you, not moving. It never fails. Some idiot who thinks they are the "privelaged" one..comes shooting up the left side (even after the lane is gone and its just a shoulder) expecting to be let in in front of everyone else. Not just cars, 18 wheelers do it do.

Why not let them in, you ask? Because there are 10 more fools waiting to do the same thing. It can take up to 45 minutes to navigate that little over a mile roadspace. My husband has been pushed to the wall (yes, there are barriers there too) by some idiot who chose to start coming over with no room.

Of course...we help the cause of making xtians look like fools, too. See..4 years ago I put one of those license plate thingies on my car. It says "Jesus Is Lord"..three years ago, I deconverted..and never have removed it. (guess I should do that, huh?) So..as my husband returns hand signals... :lmao:

Well see, that just doesn't make any sense to me. Why on earth would they first not let me in then drive toward me and yell at me, if it was just because they thought I was trying to cut in? It's not like I was the only person going into that lane. All the traffic was being directed together.

I suppose it could have been that.

I don't know how big your town is..ours is huge, pop over 1 million and then add in the turistas..well, you get the picture, its ALOT of people. With chronic traffic problems and constant construction, so I'm used to getting that reaction.

In fact, its almost become a game when I go to work. There's an entrance to the freeway, one lane going on, the other stays on the access road. Never fails, someone wants in/over from the other lane and there really isn't that much room. So..its a drag race of sorts. At 5:30 am!

Ya know though..if my husband would let me, I'd put a few of those stickers on my car too. But, he's worried about the paint, which is a good thing because I actually bought one when still a xtian..it was that retarded one about the rapture and the car being unmanned..

One sticker says "Read the bible, become an atheist"

going down the list ( I think I have five total)

"Atheists do it godless"

'FTLshop"

"SOAD"

"can't wait, 2008"

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Of course I also have plates that say "UNBLVR" and a darwin fish right above that. I'm use to the drive by look of dislike. And I do sometimes not get let in. But this is the first time I've acutally been driven into something.

Holy wow :o Now you are hardcore.

I want one with pacman eating the jesus fish. Problem is my fundie relatives wont take it very well if they ever see it. I would have to take it off during christmas time when I visit.

I don't know how big your town is..ours is huge, pop over 1 million and then add in the turistas..well, you get the picture, its ALOT of people. With chronic traffic problems and constant construction, so I'm used to getting that reaction.

In fact, its almost become a game when I go to work. There's an entrance to the freeway, one lane going on, the other stays on the access road. Never fails, someone wants in/over from the other lane and there really isn't that much room. So..its a drag race of sorts. At 5:30 am!

Ya know though..if my husband would let me, I'd put a few of those stickers on my car too. But, he's worried about the paint, which is a good thing because I actually bought one when still a xtian..it was that retarded one about the rapture and the car being unmanned..

Oddly, our car has never been scratched as far as paint goes. We had a problem (when we didn't have any stickers) with our plates being marked up and scratched. Before I put the stickers on, this man asked me (at a stop light) what my plates meant, when I told him he said "Unbeliever in what?" I laughed and said "Unbliever" as if that really needs any more explination.

When we had our other car we had a sticker that said "Atheism cures religious terrorism" and we had a note left on our car that said "Jesus loves you, I'll pray for you." Keep in mind, that was the only thing we had on our car.

It doesn't seem to matter what or how much of it we have on our car, the only thing that matters is if we have anything remotely Atheistic on our car.

I don't think I'd put anything on my car if I lived in Texas. People there are crazier than the people in California. My family is from Corpus Christi. The first time I went down there to see them was on New years eve (I can't remember what year) and it was crazy gun fire everywhere. Guns are loved there.

In California, you set off a firecracker and the police are at your door in no time.

I'm still very torn about this whole thing. One part of me still wants to rip those stickers off the car. But the other wants to put more on. You know?

There have been two reports in the past few months of someone getting off their car and shooting at another car here in the good ol bible belt. So now when I'm stuck in traffic or at a stop light, I wonder if an irate "persecuted" xian is going to hop off his car and try and murder me and my little family.

Then another thought crosses my mind, "is it worth it?" I'm torn right now. I don't want to crawl under a rock just to keep them happy. But at the same time, I don't want my kids to get hurt over some imaginary friend crap.

You're exactly right. There is no way to tell what kind of wack job is in that vehicle. It's not worth

it.

I'm still very torn about this whole thing. One part of me still wants to rip those stickers off the car. But the other wants to put more on. You know?

If you feel strongly, don't compromise your views. There is nothing wrong with it. However,

ideals aside, there is still reality. I don't know what part of Virginia you're from, but in my

part I would never put those stickers on my car. I'm not worried about an attack on myself.

I fear for my children and wife. Not to mention vandalism to my vehicle or home.

(snipped)

I don't think I'd put anything on my car if I lived in Texas. People there are crazier than the people in California. My family is from Corpus Christi. The first time I went down there to see them was on New years eve (I can't remember what year) and it was crazy gun fire everywhere. Guns are loved there.

In California, you set off a firecracker and the police are at your door in no time.

:lmao: Yeah..when they run out of fire works, they shoot their guns into the air. My neighbors do that too. That's when I go inside.

I had one whacko neighbor who made his own fireworks out of gun powder..sounded like small bombs.

And, I do know! Reading your thread, makes me want to add some to mine, just to see the effect. Then again, it is San Antonio with a church within walking distance no matter where you are..

Be yourself..but if its for safety's sake, remove them. Which, if it were me, would make me really angry, that we cannot express ourselves among all the fishes and other asinine messages.

Ugh. The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me. At least you and your kids are safe. I've been toying with the idea of bumper stickers, but don't want the paint to get ruined. Someday I will probably sell my car.

People need to learn how to take a deep breath and count to 10, then rant in their journal or to a friend when they get home instead of taking their anger out on someone.

:lmao: Yeah..when they run out of fire works, they shoot their guns into the air.

My neighbors do that too. That's when I go inside. I had one whacko neighbor

who made his own fireworks out of gun powder..sounded like small bombs.

And, I do know! Reading your thread, makes me want to add some to mine, just

to see the effect. Then again, it is San Antonio with a church within walking distance

no matter where you are..

:lmao:

At least that means there's a good chance those home-made

fireworks will take out a church!

:lmao: Yeah..when they run out of fire works, they shoot their guns into the air.

My neighbors do that too. That's when I go inside. I had one whacko neighbor

who made his own fireworks out of gun powder..sounded like small bombs.

And, I do know! Reading your thread, makes me want to add some to mine, just

to see the effect. Then again, it is San Antonio with a church within walking distance

no matter where you are..

:lmao:

At least that means there's a good chance those home-made

fireworks will take out a church!

Or at the least, blast the windows out! :lmao: