Goodbye Jesus

Dragon Is Genesis Serpent

ficino

Oh no. The Lutheran in me doesn't know how to feel. :HaHa:

mwc

Hey, mwc! Have you been to the church of Gesu in Rome? There's a statue of Holy Mother Church triumphing over a bunch of demonic figures, i.e. Protestants, and she's treading upon books entitled "Works of Luther" and "Works of Calvin". The same imagery is painted above the altar in Santa Maria della Vittoria.

Ha ha ha. I love it. :lmao:

Oh no. The Lutheran in me doesn't know how to feel. :HaHa:

mwc

Hey, mwc! Have you been to the church of Gesu in Rome? There's a statue of Holy Mother Church triumphing over a bunch of demonic figures, i.e. Protestants, and she's treading upon books entitled "Works of Luther" and "Works of Calvin". The same imagery is painted above the altar in Santa Maria della Vittoria.

Ha ha ha. I love it. :lmao:

I will be in Rome for the first time (for one day) next July (2007). I'd love to take my wife to see this since I'd get a good laugh (she would not :wicked: ) but I doubt we would have time (we are going on a cruise for our anniversary).

I have never even been in that part of the world (Mexico and Canada are it for me unless you count Disney World :) ) so it will be very different for me. I will see the usual tourist stuff but there's so many other things I'd like to see but know I won't be able to (you think the Vatican will let me see the Mithraic temple? I'll tell them I love jesus if they do. :) ). :( Oh well.

mwc