Goodbye Jesus

Could This Be Evidence That God Does Not Exist?

08 hawk

Back whenever the Mayans (or was it the Aztecs?) walked this earth, they created gods to explain where they came from. Didn't Christianity (and basically every other religion) branch from this?

Back whenever the Mayans (or was it the Aztecs?) walked this earth, they created gods to explain where they came from. Didn't Christianity (and basically every other religion) branch from this?

Where do you get evidence for this? That sounds really far-fetched to me.

yes, that is true. It goes back much further than that though. Cavemen sat in their little caves inventing gods and spirits. From what I have learned, the main basis for most of todays religions started with the Sumerians. Everything just kind of branched off from that...changing names...adding heroes....people killing people over made-up bullshit. :shrug:

Where do you get evidence for this?

I can remember reading it in a book some years ago.

*shrugs* Maybe I read wrong.

Where do you get evidence for this?

I can remember reading it in a book some years ago.

*shrugs* Maybe I read wrong.

evidence:

Cave paintings, tablets, scrolls, books, art, sculpture, artifacts, common sense, etc.

Even if that is true, most fundie typed wouldn't believe it.

My mother never seems to believe me if I tell her something is pre-Christian or pre-Judiasm...

Even if that is true, most fundie typed wouldn't believe it.

My mother never seems to believe me if I tell her something is pre-Christian or pre-Judiasm...

Yup. It doesn't matter what you tell them, they will continue believing regardless. There's always an explanation, regardless of how far fetched it is. That's where faith fills in the gaps.

Aztecs and Mayans? No, probably not. They had little to no contact with the Middle East, so I highly doubt they were the first.

Most likely like the others said, cavemen, etc.

that sounds more like evidence that christianity is made up, not that god doesn't exist.