Goodbye Jesus

Me And The Controversy.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

I know there's something not-kosher about posting this in the regular forums, but I have no where else to post it, so I hope it survives long enough for a few of you that I may have rubbed the wrong way to read it.

I love this site. I've been looking for something like it since the day I left christianity. I love the people here, even when I may vehemently disagree with them. It may be hard to believe, but love is one of the principle ideals that I'd like to be known for.

Herein lies the rub. No matter how much I love love, I sometimes act like a jackass. Sure, sometimes it's my drinking, but it's more than that. From the earliest memories I have of my social interaction I have always just said the first thing that pops into my mind. Now, I understand that this isn't always the best policy, especially when you can be counted on to be under the influence for a significant portion of your waking life. But, it's who I am. I take all the blame, but I also think my sometimes poor social skills are a direct result of my fundy upbringing.

In any case, the part of me that has offended many of you with my insensitive words isn't the part of me where "I" live, if that makes any sense. Like many of you I have adapted to life by hook or by crook, but my insensitivity is born out of sensitivity, if that makes any sense, and it's never my desire to hurt anyone who hasn't hurt me.

I say all of this mostly to say that those of you on the site who doubt (for lack of a better word) my humanity or decency, read through all of my posts. I'm pretty sure you'll see some of yourself somewhere in there. I'm on the team, whether you like it or not.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fweethawt

• Knightley

• Dianka

• pitchu

I like anal....

(first thing that popped into my mind)

Now for the second thing. Can't say how many times I've ardently supported you in conflicts with other members.

Don't understand the bullshit.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Thanks, Assy, but I'm mostly hoping to talk to my detractors. I'd like to be able to assuage their fears with my own words.

Thanks, Assy, but I'm mostly hoping to talk to my detractors. I'd like to be able to assuage their fears with my own words.

What? By calling them all assholes?

:lmao: sorry, I'll let your detractors talk now.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

What? By calling them all assholes?

:lmao: sorry, I'll let your detractors talk now.

I shall not be tempted!

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Out upon your guarded lips! Sew them up with packthread, do. Else if you would be a man speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon balls , and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict everything you said today. Ah, then, exclaim the aged ladies, you shall be sure to be misunderstood! Misunderstood! It is a right fool's word. Is it so bad then to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood....

RW Emerson

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Out upon your guarded lips! Sew them up with packthread, do. Else if you would be a man speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon balls , and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict everything you said today. Ah, then, exclaim the aged ladies, you shall be sure to be misunderstood! Misunderstood! It is a right fool's word. Is it so bad then to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood....

RW Emerson

Hmmm, I've written a dozen responses and erased them all. I guess I'm just a bit dumbfounded that anyone would reference this quote in relation to me, so all I can say is thank you.

Well, I guess I should have explained myself. I posted this because I believe that you are your own man. You say what you think and when you think something you say it with the force of cannon balls. I happen to find this to be an honerable trait. Society on the other hand wants diplomacy. I happen to believe that many times diplomacy masks the truth. People often are offended by the truth and they try to shut up those who speak it without diplomacy. I like truth in any form. Truth is cool to me. So, aside from an unspoken incident that has since been dealt with and forgiven, I don't see why there needs to be all the hatin' *insert Jamie Kennedy in his Malibu's Most Wanted role here* going on around here.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

I knew what you meant, but that quote is a monster so I didn't know exactly how to respond.

I would just like the opportunity to respond directly to the posts that are making my ears burn a bit, but which I cannot see. Surely we can all agree that whatever questions people might have about me might best be answered by me, and whatever criticisms of me are out there are useless unless I hear them.

So, I know that some people here have certain objections to me, my personality, my style, my idiom - whatever you want to call it. I know these exist and I don't instantly object to your objections about me. I would just like the opportunity to hear them, "face-to-face" if you will, and respond to them sanely and thoughtfully.

Surely, anything you can say about me that I cannot read would be better said in a forum I can read - if your saying of it is predicated on anything altruistic. If it's more than dirt, and a real objection to my character as a human being, tell me about it. I will listen, and if in the end I disagree with you, I will tell you why.

How fair is that?

Shiva,

This doesn't have anything to do with that incident with the gerbil, the homeless lady with the peanut butter and you, does it?

If so, I swear that I never told a soul. :twitch:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

That shit's in my published memoirs, Fwee. Everyone in Thailand knows the details, and soon the US will be intimately familiar with my depravity and predilection for erotic vermin.

Don't forget the asshole part.

Goes without saying by now.

Shiva, I'm afraid if I told you you were great, you'd let it go to your head. You're a right prick, you are.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Shiva, I'm afraid if I told you you were great, you'd let it go to your head. You're a right prick, you are.

How does that make you feel, Dan?

I know we haven't gotten along very well and you probally don't like me but I hope someday that changes. I am glad you speak your mind if you feel like saying something you should say it. I do it all the time and like you alot of people don't like me and hold grudges forever I know how that is. I am glad you are here you take awhile to get used to I

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

I know we haven't gotten along very well and you probally don't like me but I hope someday that changes. I am glad you speak your mind if you feel like saying something you should say it. I do it all the time and like you alot of people don't like me and hold grudges forever I know how that is. I am glad you are here you take awhile to get used to I

Willy, I don't dislike you. I got a certain impression of you in the beginning and I responded to it callously and unfortunately that seems to have been written in stone. I appreciate your words here, and again I apologise for saying hurtful things to you. I don't have a good excuse, so all I can do is ask for your forgiveness. I truly don't want to hurt you, man.

I messed up heres the rest:

I know we haven't gotten along very well and you probally don't like me but I hope someday that changes. I am glad you speak your mind if you feel like saying something you should say it. I do it all the time and like you alot of people don't like me and hold grudges forever I know how that is. I am glad you are here you take awhile to get used to I will admit that and you definately challenge me and make me think like Asimov does but I should thank you two really because you two helped me be an exchristian by really making me have to think really hard on what I believe and making my brain work harder than it's ever worked before and made me want to improve my typing. I wish everyone here would forget about the past and move on I mean who here hasn't told someone what they thought, who hasn't been blunt and honest with their feelings? Your honest in dealing with people I like that I never have to guess what you think. You make people take a look at their self not just the self they want to see and really think about what they think. Ok that's all I feel weird talking like this lol

Willy, I don't dislike you. I got a certain impression of you in the beginning and I responded to it callously and unfortunately that seems to have been written in stone. I appreciate your words here, and again I apologise for saying hurtful things to you. I don't have a good excuse, so all I can do is ask for your forgiveness. I truly don't want to hurt you, man.

Well, I do suck at my grammer and back then I did repeat myself alot.

I forgive you I wish everyone else would too.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Wow, willy. I don't know what to say. You got a hug waiting for you if you ever come up to Nashville. :thanks:

Wow, willy. I don't know what to say. You got a hug waiting for you if you ever come up to Nashville. :thanks:

Don't get all lovey dovey and sweet on me lol I like you the other way actually most of my friends act like you If your ever in Alabama maybe we can all get drunk and tell people what assholes they are. :lmao:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Don't get all lovey dovey and sweet on me lol I like you the other way actually most of my friends act like you If your ever in Alabama maybe we can all get drunk and tell people what assholes they are. :lmao:

You mean you don't wanna get gay? Say it isn't so. :HappyCry:

Well, I guess I should have explained myself. I posted this because I believe that you are your own man. You say what you think and when you think something you say it with the force of cannon balls. I happen to find this to be an honerable trait. Society on the other hand wants diplomacy. I happen to believe that many times diplomacy masks the truth. People often are offended by the truth and they try to shut up those who speak it without diplomacy. I like truth in any form. Truth is cool to me. So, aside from an unspoken incident that has since been dealt with and forgiven, I don't see why there needs to be all the hatin' *insert Jamie Kennedy in his Malibu's Most Wanted role here* going on around here.

i think this post wouldve been great everytime amy marie complained on how mean we were...

anyhow.... i dont care youre coo... you offered me a place to stay for whenever it is i decided to come out that way... but just to warn you... i sleep with a metal plate that covers my asshole :wicked:

How does that make you feel, Dan?

Are you a shrink?

Seriously, I'll just say I can appreciate those who defy convention. Hence my presence here.

Hey, it's all good - if your drinking causes you to pop off at people, then that's one thing, and there's no excuse for it. But otherwise, hey, you're human. You're cool with me and I've got no beef with you.

It takes a little to restrain your tongue when you get ticked. Gods, how I know that one. Just try to bear that in mind and all should be peachy :)

And to set the record straight Shiva. After our PM exchange, I have no issues with you anymore.

Only thing I ask you to do: stay away from personal attacks in the Colosseum. If you wonder where your remarks went last weekend, well, it was me. Let's keep the Colosseum clean. And let's keep the other sections fairly clean. And then let all your frustration and irony out in the Lion's Den. That's all. (For now ;) )

Shiva, for the record, I don't believe I've ever had a problem with you. In fact, I love having you and Asimov around. Compared to you guys, I look like a sweetheart! :lmao:

But seriously (???), I believe people simply have problems with blunt truth/honesty. Society has become so enamored with political correctness that honest expressions of thought have become taboo. It was inevitable that the internet would suffer from this malady.

It's not YOU, Shiva. It's the fucked up world we now find ourselves trapped.

Honestly, I've found myself reading and cheering both you and Asimov for the way you bluntly speak, and simultaneously weeping for myself, because THAT is how I used to be. But now I'm neutered (read: "matured") and I consider other people's feelings before I speak. (Yes I DO! Believe it or not, I could be worse than I am!)

So revel and enjoy that brash spirit you have today, youngster. For one day, you too, will join the ranks of the Undead Polite People, and never speak the Whole Truth™ again. :vent:

You know something? I think it's time I unleashed some of the old vitriol for which I used to be (in)famous. I'm overdue for my Quarterly Rant against god! Fuck all this nicey, nicey shit! :fdevil: