Goodbye Jesus

Phrases That Make You Sick

garrisonjj

...mostly when they found out how many children we have in our blended family!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Sage Nabooru

• garrisonjj

• AgnosticBob AtheistPants

• LosingMyReligion

I hate that saying because it feels very phony!!!

I actually think "Bless your heart" or "Bless your little heart" is the southern christian way of saying "Fuck you."

:lmao:

Just a few, mostly religious:

"We're too close to the comin' of the Lord to turn away from him now!"

"Hell's hotter." (When I make the observation that it's hot outside.)

"We serve a Just god!"

(After I ask someone when I can expect them to come back)

"I don't know, but you need to be prepared. It's like the Rapture, no man knoweth the day or the hour."

"We deserve to burn in a Devil's Hell!"

(Perhaps you do...)

"Praise the lord, brother."

"He woke me up this morning!"

"Well, tomorrow, if it's the Lord's Will...."

- They do this because they don't think they should try to shape the future, so they must acknowledge the sovereignity of God whenever making plans for the future.

"Next week, should the Lord tarry...."

- He's been doing it for two thousand years. Don't worry, I think you're good for next week.

"If I had a thousand tongues, it wouldn't be enough to praise Him!"

"99.99% of the time.."

- Why can't people just say "The majority" rather than pulling an asinine percentage out of their rears?

"Irregardless..."

(At Church)

"I cain't think of no place I'd rather be!"

"If it weren't for Jesus, there ain't no tellin' where I'd be."

Guest Passing Thru

A few that I hate:

There is no God

What God?

xtian

xmas

Prove that Jesus existed

Of course your ancestor was a monkey

Jesus was gay

:loser:

your ancestor wasn't a monkey same as your sister/brother isn't your ansestor. Learn it before you criticise it fucknut.

A few that I hate:

There is no God

What God?

xtian

xmas

Prove that Jesus existed

Jesus was gay

Well, there is no god. The burden of proof is on you to prove to us your god exists and why we should worship him even if he does. And the only people talking about being descended from monkeys are Christians who don't understand the first thing about evolution.

Double post!

A few that I hate:

There is no God

What God?

xtian

xmas

Prove that Jesus existed

Jesus was gay

One that I am beginning to hate is, "Not all Christians are ignorant about their religion." :Doh:

I don't believe they are, but my life experiences of your "average" Christian says otherwise.

Here PT, learn a little:

"Christmas is sometimes shortened to Xmas, an abbreviation that has a long history.[3] In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ (Χριστός). Since the mid-sixteenth century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, was used as an abbreviation for Christ.[4]"

Christmas

Even more: xmas

And you call us losers...sheesh.

Here's a little picture that is called the labarum (or Chi-Rho) and it represents Christ. I wonder where they got that X?

xmas.jpg

Just a few, mostly religious:

(At Church)

"I cain't think of no place I'd rather be!"

"If it weren't for Jesus, there ain't no tellin' where I'd be."

Those two really irk me, especially the last one because when I hear it used it's in the sense that we'd be in really bad shape if we weren't Christians and not in the sense that we could be in a better place (like not so deep in debt because of faithful giving even when we were barely scraping by, or having a job since I didn't feel my place should be only in the home) if we hadn't been Christians. Think of the missed opportunities because of silly rules and regulations I grew up with. ugh Of course, alot of people come to Jesus when they've already messed their life up pretty badly or circumstances have gotten bad.

Also, it really makes me MAD to hear people say it was God's will someone died, especially in a tragic or violent way or a child. I had a music tape with a song written after the musicians' friend's toddler was killed after running in front of a car. It's something like this, "His way is perrrrfect, his way is perrrrfect, when I don't understand his wise and loving plan...His waaaaay is best." yeah, right. grrrrrrrrrr

Also, I feel sorry for someone who would rather be in church than anywhere else.

Sparkyone

"Broken home". It's a Christian abbreviation for "sinfully ripped apart family in which the parents were too selfish about their so-called 'emotional needs' and 'safety' to keep their marital promise to the Lord."