Hoarding Deconversion Texts

Llwellyn

Recently I have been printing out a lot of material that I find on the internet about the process of deconversion. If I find an interesting acount of a person's process of deconversion that resonates with mine and makes me think of a few new things, I will save it to my harddrive and then print it out. If I find articles which illustrate how implausible and incomprehensible Biblical theology is, I will do the same. Also, I have been buying quite a few books off of Amazon about Religious criticism and deconversion. :HaHa:

By now, I have a big box of materials in my closet. I'm not sure if I'll ever review the materials again after reading them for the first time, but there is something comforting about having the materials there, in case I am ever tempted again to concern myself with whether "Jesus died for my sins." :Wendywhatever:

But this is beginning to remind me of what I read in a book about OCD concerning "hoarding" -- a kind of compulsion to collect materials in order to resolve feelings of anxiety. I guess I should only start to worry if it begins to take up inordinate amounts of time or money, or if it threatens to take up to much space in my apartment. I dunno. :lmao:

Anyway, I was wondering, "Do any of you print out material you find on the web?" "Do you collect it in a special location?" "Do you think this is a kind of pathological behavior unlike obsessive compulsive hoarding?" Thanks for thinking about this. :woohoo:

I have bought a lot of books, but I'm careful to only spend my money on scholarly stuff, not polemics. I did the same as a Christian... but I got rid of all my Christian books (because they were crap).

I keep it around and keep looking for things for the same reason you do... so that if I ever contemplate becoming a Christian again, I will have some resources that will help me thoroughly evaluate my decision. ;) I wouldn't call it hoarding because it doesn't fill a room or anything close to that... just three bookcases. :HaHa:

I just bookmark any info I find on my computer. Electronic is the way to go.