Goodbye Jesus

God, Jesus Or Man: Who Led You Away?

Guest Istillbelieve

Search for yourself, but really do it . . . not just the side that says the Bible's false, but search the side that says it's true . . . that it's TRUTH. Give both sides a fair examination. Don't be afraid to really check out the views of Believers as well as those who have turned away.

Oh, DO it already. Do it! There's only two goddamn sides. Choose now! Please just do it. :HappyCry:

You all say I disrespect where you are coming from . . . I'm not assuming anything about what you have been through, what you know, and how you've come to know it.

Many people here are angry, cruel, hateful, and just plain scared to search any more. They have done evil in the site of the Lord and now they're desperate to believe that they are right.

You're right. You're one friendly little bitch. :twitch:

You disrespect me and where I'm coming from. I'm not here to try to tell you all what the Bible says and what it doesn't say. You're all capable of picking up the book again if the moment strikes you. Why am I here? I guess out of curiosity as to what type of people would create and visit a sight for ex-Christians.

This just about makes me piss myself. :lmao: I know the bible better now than I've ever known it. I read the fucking thing nearly every day. When I don't have to read it with blinders on I can truly read it. I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm just not brainwashed anymore moron.

I can't save someone who has committed apostacy. That's probably true - I'll have to research that one.

It's true. Go away.

But possibly there are others here reading who have fallen into this web of hatred who might be saved by my words.

"Web of hatred?" :lmao:

There are apologetists who can speak clearer on the truth of His prophecies and acts than I. Check it out for yourselfs. You're a slave to sin or you are a slave to God. Take your choice.

Shouldn't his "truth" speak for itself? I guess there isn't much hope for those trapped in our "web of hatred" to be "saved by your words" if they need to go find an apologist to go speak on these things. Damn.

While not entirely on point the closest quote I can think of is "I am not a number, I am a free man." I am not a slave. You are sick.

How about this? "There is a class of people who seem to think that if a man should fall overboard into the sea with a Bible in his pocket it would hardly be possible to drown. I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs." - Frederick Douglass

A thought about something in an earlier post about Christianity coming from an ancient myth: What if that wasn't a myth? What if God did the same thing for them earlier? If it works for one time period - why not another? Maybe God came to them too? Why does God doing something for an earlier civilization have to take away from what Jesus did on the cross? They say it means Christianity copy catted. Why would Jesus put himself up on the cross for a myth? Why would the 12 cowards die the way they did for a myth? Where did the body of Jesus go? Why didn't someone drag him up and down the street to prove that he was really dead?

Holy shit! I better get to church. It was all real! :eek:

Except...what if it was a different god and your god is the fake one? Oh no! Which one do I choose? I mean, if it worked earlier then maybe it worked later on too. So Ra pulled it out of his ass and then again as Horus and then as jesus. Or how about the many incarnations of Vishnu? I'm no expert but wasn't jesus the 9th or 12th or something like that? Your religion is far from the first and you're far from the first person with this idea (both by thousands of years actually).

Also, just to clarify a few points. The idea that jesus was on the cross IS the myth. The 12 cowards? Myths too. Their deaths? Oh, most definately myths. Just do some reading and see all the wonderful ways they died. Some of them died more than once in different places. I'll give you one thing. If any of them existed at all. They died somehow. See? I'm reasonable. The body of jesus? If a myth? Kind of explains itself doesn't it? If not a myth? Well, then in a tomb somewhere. You also didn't drag bodies around then just like you don't today. Most likely nobody cared that any real jesus was dead.

Why has the Word of God survived as long as it has for so long with out someone "proving" that it was all a lie? Prove me wrong - people here are good at throwing insults, but they can't "PROVE" to me that Christianity is a lie.

Did you really just ask this? Prove Allah isn't real to the Muslims. No, really, prove it. And do it without the quotes (so I really want you to do it). Prove that ANY god past or present isn't real and do it to MY satisfaction. Can you? Can you PROVE it? Can you PROVE Odin does not exist to the satisfaction of those who worship him?

I can tell you this. We can show that a being such as the bible god cannot exist. He is self-contradictory. That the bible, if one believes it to be literal and perfect, is far from being such. These two things are enough to "prove" xianity is a lie...but not to you.

Again, I've returned here out of a desire to help doubters of the Christianity faith to stay strong, and hopeful and to continue to reach for the truth.

I do realize that my belief doesn't automatically make what I believe truth . . . that's why I've asked those with questions and doubts to continue to search for the truth . . . you all have minds don't let what I say or what the people here say stop you from searching for truth. There is much evidence that the Holy Bible can be believed. There is much reason for you to hope that it is true.

JOY - Jesus 1st, Others 2nd, Yourself 3rd. It's a prescription that works. That heals. People here say that I've got blinders on, that I've been brainwashed, etc. I haven't . . . I continue to search, I'm not afraid to search deeper - and not just the Bible. Be open to all resources - but just continue to search until you find it.

"And in closing I seek truth, provided we define truth as jesus and jesus as god. By defining words in the way I see fit and then using them in what appears to be a sincere fashion I hope to trick the weak into my trap. Only when they are in the door will I reveal the true meaning of the words. By then it will be too late."

How very nice of you to stop by the "web of hatred" where the "people here are angry, cruel, hateful, and just plain scared" and invite people to utilize all available resources to find the truth. You are obviously very unbiased in your search for truth and we appreciate your sincere desire to help by showing everyone the true face of christianity.

mwc

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Golden Meadows

• Checkmate

• Vigile

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many people here are angry, cruel, hateful, and just plain scared to search any more.

What do you base this generalization on?

Whether you like it or not, I have a right to be angry when I learn the religion behind my prior faith has LIED to me and everyone else about cornering the market on "the truth" in order to profit from the fear in me it engendered.

Leaving religion meant leaving manufactured fear.

The rest of your post isn't even worth the time it takes to type. You only wish I was uncertain and afraid. I'm not. I'm going to live my life in the fullest way I can, and I'm going to learn all I can learn about things that I CAN learn about, seeing as there is plenty of things for my mind to wrap around with clear answers.

You want to imagine me cavorting about naked in a den of sin, be my guest. If the price of my mental and spiritual freedom is that every now and then, some capricious ass-mite is going to want to slander me and demand I return to "the box"....so be it. I've learned the meaning of true freedom.

Go peddle fear over at the christian teens forums. Take advantage of their ignorance to squeeze a few tearful PMs out of their little hearts to gratify your ego.

You won't get that opportunity here.

Crapload of biased posting.

You're so full of crap, it's unbelievable. How would you know anything about us? You clearly haven't even bothered to read most of the responses here, much less our testimonies on leaving Christianity. You don't know us, you don't understand us, so it's easier to dehumanize us by calling us cruel and hateful. Those are middle-school tactics. Grow up.

You don't know any of us, so how would you know what so-called "evil" we have or have not done? Is it really that evil to think for ourselves rather than be a cog in the Orthodox machine? Not from where I sit.

Look buddy, the fact is we haven't told anybody what to believe or what not to believe. In fact, with most of us here, the only thing we have in common is that we're ExChristians.

There's Jews, Muslims, Pagans, Taoists, Buddhists, Confucianists, Hindus, Wiccans, and yes... Atheists and Agnostics here. People who've raised families and people who are still in high school. People who are gay, straight and bisexual. Vegetarians and omnivores. Married and single. Democrats and Republicans. College graduates and college dropouts. Former pastors and former congregation. Fans of rock music and classical lovers. Singers, musicians, authors, poets, artists and those who haven't a creative bone in their body.

Point is, we're more than the ExChristian label. Take off those damn blinders already and see us all for the people we are.

Just because we've stopped believing in Christianity doesn't mean we've stopped searching for the truth or stopped being human. Get that through your thick skull already, you pompous blowhard!

ISB, you're a troll. You take your bullshit somewhere else, or change your attitude.

post_497_1146137367_thumb.jpg

You said you were going to leave, but you came back. If it is too hard for you to stay away, I'll make sure you can't get back by banning you from the site. It''s up to you.

ISB, you're a troll. You take your bullshit somewhere else, or change your attitude.

post_497_1146137367_thumb.jpg

You said you were going to leave, but you came back. If it is too hard for you to stay away, I'll make sure you can't get back by banning you from the site. It''s up to you.

Hear, hear! If we're putting this up for a vote, then I vote for the BAN. I've had my fill of trollers preaching their hate, judgments and myopic version of Truth. Since ISB OBVIOUSLY isn't here to listen, read or discuss, why waste the bandwidth? Ban the bitch, I say! Let her return to her fellows and cry, "Victory! I've been persecuted by the heathens! I suffered and bear the marks of Christ in my body! See how the heathen's WORDS have so wounded my flesh?" :loser:

post-324-1151446840.jpg

Hear, hear! If we're putting this up for a vote, then I vote for the BAN. I've had my fill of trollers preaching their hate, judgments and myopic version of Truth. Since ISB OBVIOUSLY isn't here to listen, read or discuss, why waste the bandwidth? Ban the bitch, I say! Let her return to her fellows and cry, "Victory! I've been persecuted by the heathens! I suffered and bear the marks of Christ in my body! See how the heathen's WORDS have so wounded my flesh?" :loser:

Maybe if there was a"catacombs" section where xtians who misbehave are sent with their posts until they learn to enter into proper dialogue. There would be big notice saying why they have been banished. People can just choose to ignore them or perhaps encourage them to behave and come up out of the dark into the light of the other sections. This way they don't mess up existing sections, but neither are they allowed to feel they have become martyrs for the cause by being banned. I just don't like the idea of doing what xtian forums routinely do - even though in their case its to suppress the truth.

Many people here are angry, cruel, hateful, and just plain scared to search any more.
I don't even know you people. I'm not assuming anything about what you have been through, what you know, and how you've come to know it.

Reconcile the contradiction above, please and thank you.

I do realize that my belief doesn't automatically make what I believe truth...
All I can speak of is what God has done for me. I believe in the truth of the Bible.

And this contradiction as well, takk fyrir.

Why am I here? I guess out of curiosity as to what type of people would create and visit a sight for ex-Christians.

Ah, I see. Unable to comprehend anything that's different from you. If that's your best reason for being here, may I suggest that you go find another "disaster" to gawk at.

There is a God. Jesus did die on the cross and was raised from the dead.

Possible, but remains to be proven. And anyone who claims that a man is capable of coming back from the dead has the burden of proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and I have yet to see any objective and credible evidence of the resurrection.

You're a slave to sin or you are a slave to God. Take your choice.

False dichotomy. "Sin" in the Biblical sense does not exist in my religious worldview, and slavery is not a good thing no matter who the slavemaster happens to be.

Where did the body of Jesus go?

Mythical beings don't have bodies, sorry.

Be open to all resources - but just continue to search until you find it.

That goes for you, too, ISB. Don't just come stomping into places like this with the arrogant assumption that you and *only* you have the RealTruth™.

And, by Forseti, be thankful that you caught this heiðinn in a good mood today. :wicked:

She's full of herself, this one is.

You'll not be trapped into Christianity . . . you'll discover what you truly believe and be secure in your beliefs as I am. Not afraid to always and forever continue to search deeper.

Got to agree with you, there. I am not trapped in Xianity, I have discovered what I truly believe, I am secure in my beliefs, and I am not afraid to always and forever continue to search, for belief evolves constantly.

You summed up my position nicely :)

As for the rest of your self-righteous, arrogant, Jeezus™-blinded, utterly ignorant post...

BartMooning.gif

(Which translates as: I am not worried that I left your god, not worried that he's mad at me, not desparately trying to do a thing about that or anything else, and having a good laugh as how you are helping us to prove how insane Xianity really is and how warped are the minds of those who promote it. Thanks for your help :) )

Search for yourself, but really do it . . . not just the side that says the Bible's false, but search the side that says it's true . . . that it's TRUTH.
Guess what we all have done fuckface. :vtffani::asshole2:
This is so funny. :HaHa:

And pathetic. :grin:

Anyone can do that very same thing with ANY book.

And not just religious texts, either.

One can read a Bugs Bunny comic book from the "side that says it's true". :lmao:

(This message was typed by a 6'1", 265lb., black-haired, black-eyed, darkish tone skin male sitting in a lawnchair on the planet Venus while sipping a glass of iced-tea. And he's doing it with a smile.)

:scratch:

Maybe if there was a"catacombs" section where xtians who misbehave are sent with their posts until they learn to enter into proper dialogue. There would be big notice saying why they have been banished. People can just choose to ignore them or perhaps encourage them to behave and come up out of the dark into the light of the other sections. This way they don't mess up existing sections, but neither are they allowed to feel they have become martyrs for the cause by being banned. I just don't like the idea of doing what xtian forums routinely do - even though in their case its to suppress the truth.

A "hall of shame" or "hall of mockery", eh?

I love the idea! :pureevil:

What do you base this generalization on?

Whether you like it or not, I have a right to be angry when I learn the religion behind my prior faith has LIED to me and everyone else about cornering the market on "the truth" in order to profit from the fear in me it engendered.

Leaving religion meant leaving manufactured fear.

The rest of your post isn't even worth the time it takes to type. You only wish I was uncertain and afraid. I'm not. I'm going to live my life in the fullest way I can, and I'm going to learn all I can learn about things that I CAN learn about, seeing as there is plenty of things for my mind to wrap around with clear answers.

You want to imagine me cavorting about naked in a den of sin, be my guest. If the price of my mental and spiritual freedom is that every now and then, some capricious ass-mite is going to want to slander me and demand I return to "the box"....so be it. I've learned the meaning of true freedom.

Personally I think you are overdressed with that halo White Raven :wink:

Go peddle fear over at the christian teens forums. Take advantage of their ignorance to squeeze a few tearful PMs out of their little hearts to gratify your ego.

You won't get that opportunity here.

Dang! That church lady is one farking, arrogant hypocrit. If that's what makes up the kingdom of heaven,you can keep it.

Dang! That church lady is one farking, arrogant hypocrit. If that's what makes up the kingdom of heaven,you can keep it.

Haha...church lady....coulid it be...umm..hrmmm....SATAN! :lmao:

Search for yourself, but really do it . . . not just the side that says the Bible's false, but search the side that says it's true . . . that it's TRUTH. Give both sides a fair examination. Don't be afraid to really check out the views of Believers as well as those who have turned away.

Did you even glance at the TITLE of this forum? I personally was Christian for almost 35 years! I went to college to study for the ministry. How do you think all these people became EX-christian? We DID search!

Moron....

Did you even glance at the TITLE of this forum? I personally was Christian for almost 35 years! I went to college to study for the ministry. How do you think all these people became EX-christian? We DID search!

Moron....

Arrogant hypocrits like that church lady really annoy me. She has the gull to tell us to "give both sides a fair examination," totally disregarding the fact that there are people on this site who were christians before she was born, people who have studied numerous text from all sides, and who came to the rational conclusion that christianity is bunk. And, yet, the only book that she mentioned reading in her "search" is a light-weight apologist text called "The Jesus You Never Knew."

Well, church lady, I say go away and don't bother coming back unless and until you have taken off YOUR blinders and given both sides a fair examination. In other words, read something that doesn't agree with your preconceived notions and then, if you still disagree, provide proof that it's wrong. And, no, something akin to "because the bible says so" is not proof of anything -- except a closed mind that refuses to learn.

Well, I for one, am saddened by istillbelieve's departure. I had SO much venom, scorn and derision I wanted to unload on this new fucktard! And now I won't get the chance. Damn.

I'm tired of fucking with Amy Marie. It feels like kicking a retarded, quadrapalegic puppy. Not good.

Bring me fresh meat! Bring me a challenger to smite with my Unholy Wrath!!!

Hear Hear!...

or is the here here? at any rate, I have not been here as much as normal, and I keep missing the meat. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa NOT FAIR!

I left for the love of truth. It wasn't because of what believers did or didn't do, though I wasn't always treated nicely. It wasn't because there are bad things in the world. I just left because it wasn't true.
Ditto. :notworthy:

And it was one hell of a ride, too. :phew:

It's funny, people read my ex-testimony, and are all oh people hurt you. Yeah they did........ AFTER I had left. I had problems while in the church, but none of that caused me to leave. The bible makes no sense, period. I came to that conclusion reading the bible, christian literature, and speaking to Chrisitans, I far from only studied apostate literature, although when I did finnaly read The Age of Reason it was very moving for me. I WANTED it to be true, so please do not tell me I just didn't read the right thing or try hard enough, that would be a false assumption on your part.

ISB you want to answer true questions from sincere people? Okay why is it so freakin hard for xians to say "I'm sorry. " when they screw up? Also you said you believe non-christians can try to live good lives, ok, but can they love? Can a non-christian love, their spouses, children, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends? Really love as well as any Christian?

Oh and you may be thinking "Hey I apologised for the See ya comment. Yes, but although you were annoyed by people here making assumptions about you, you didn't see fit to apologise for the assumptions you made in your OP. Now, many have said they did not leave due to dissappointments of people, or god, so.... why aren't you apologising for fausley accusing many here and lumping all of us into the same group?

You mentioned Josh McDowel, I believe he is credited with saying "People do not care what you know, until they know that you care." I'm not gonna agree with everythign Mr. Mc Dowel says, and I am sure there are times people have come to see the truth in what another knows even though they didn't think the person cared. Yet, I do think it is easier to get people to listen to your POV, your experiances and truth if you come first with care and understanding. You will never be welcome in this place until you learn to actaully understand it. It is first and foremost a recovery site, you like many others I have read here assumed it was a place where the site master and a bunch of other apostates get together and try to win others to our side, its not. Now, you do know what a recovery site is don't you? With that understanding, of recovery, if you went to an AA meeting, with a bottle of wine, and tried to tell them they had it all wrong, that drinking wine is good for you, and you are sad for them that they are turning their back on drinking, would you expect to be welcomed?

We here, among ourselves discuss if maybe we should be more welcomeing to the Christians that show up. Although I am not one to yell at someone and call them names, I believe every Chrisitan that can read, and comes here, and posts like you did deserves everything they get.

You want me to see that you care? Start acting as if we were people, fully equal to you, who made informed reasonable decisions. If you do not know how we came to these conclusions, which clearly from your words you do not, do not assume, ask. For those here that did leave due to hurt, don't belittle those hurts catergorily blanketing them generically with "it wasn't god". I am sure you would not like me to throw the most traumatic times of your life in a bag with a bunch of other peoples hurts, some you don't even know, and say there there its not as bad as you think.

In other words, I like Mr Grinch, what I know of him, but my story is not his, nor his mine. We got to this place on completely differnt paths, and when you lump us together you deserve our wrath. In the same way I am not Fwee, I enjoy reading her posts, I appreciate her sense of humor, but if you were to lump her in with me you simply prove you see us as all the same and show that you don't care at all. You want me to be impressed with your story, get me impressed with your caring, work for it. If you are unwilling to. :: shrug :: Why should I care what you have to say?

Okay one last little thing, just for fun....

You're a slave to sin or you are a slave to God. Take your choice.

I am not a slave, I am a possession. A dearly loved, cherished and spoiled possession. TYVM

:grin:

"Holy Father,

I pray for Istillbelieve. I don't know who ISB is, but You know all things, Lord, and there is no distance in prayer. Even though this child of Yours has ignored my pleas for help, I realize that some among us are 'willfully ignorant', puffed up by their pride, and deaf to what they hear.

I believe that ISB is speaking his mind by rote. Not faithless, yet not following Your Word to 'love thy neighbor as thyself'. You have said, Lord, that we must study to show ourselves approved, a workman that need not be ashamed, and in another place You said that we should always have an answer ready for the faith that lies in us. I realize that ISB is naive, Father, but I pray that he be given another chance.

After all, Eternal Father, ISB speaks, it seems, as a young martyr ignorant of Satan's devices. Please don't hold his youth and stupidity against him!

Just bless him, Lord, with wisdom. And if you still love us; the fallen, the weak, the backslidden, you will do it soon before most of us here puke at those cliches and assumptions.

I ask in Jesus' Name that ISB not be allowed to be allowed to cause the Cross of Christ to be blasphemed any further.

Thank You Lord,

Amen."

I certainly understand the 'fun when I'm bored' angle, I've done it myself. I agree that it would be nice for these types of posts to just be deleted, or locked until the poster READS MORE of the boards though. I guess I could save up some standard responses and just cut and paste 'em as needed. That might work. hmmm.........

Y'know what, Trashy? After this week's :banghead: with our assorted nimnulls, I'm reconsidering how I respond to Xians. You're right. We ARE wasting our time, and what we NEED to do is offer up SIMPLE, STANDARD rebukes. (If we reply at all.)

From now on, after every retarded post of any Xian, rather than give a rational reply, or even a lengthy rant, I'm going to post any one or all of these Smilies...

:jerkoff::vtffani::loser::moon:

Short, sweet, to the point, and quite truthfully, it's all these cretins deserve. I'm done talking to morons who insist on believing in fairy tales.

Guest Istillbelieve

I don't assume anything about any one in here. I don't know you and the only thing you know about me is that I'm still a believer. I'm not a bitch. I'm not arrogant. I am a church lady, but that's not all I am. You don't know how I came to believe. You don't know the things I've read and not read. You want to ban me from the site - go ahead. I probably won't be coming here much more any way it's an extremely depressing place for me . . . I'm not a scholar, a researcher, or any kind of Bible expert. But I do read the Bible. I do go to Sunday School, Study Groups etc.

It doesn't matter what I or anyone else believes, but what is truth. Here are some evidences that can be searched and studied that will reveal answers, if studied diligently. Each one is a study of its own, that will show God's inspiration on scripture.

1) Indestructibility Evidences. For centuries powerful people and even nations have attempted to destroy God's word and its truth, but here it stand just as Christ said it would.

2) Historical Evidences. People have been skeptical and scoffed for centuries at God's word and it's truth, but Biblical archeology has proven them wrong time after time.

3) Prophetical Evidences. Many pinpoint prophecies written hundreds of years before they came to pass, shows God's inspiration on and in His scriptures. Not just written accounts and opinons of men.

4) Scientific Evidences. Things written down like hydrological cycle, underwater springs in the ocean, ocean paths or streams, earth suspended in space on nothing, the sphericality of the earth, plus many other evidences. Something they could not have known at the time of writing, shows inspiration.

5) Most important of all, on which all truth rests and how it is revealed to us is God Himself. Jesus said, "That man cannot live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from God."

I really don't think that I can give any "case closed" evidence that the God that I believe in is real. God wouldn't allow that - we still have to come to Him by by Faith. Where would the choice be? God doesn't want a bunch of robots that do His will mindlessly.

I think some of you are too intelligent for your own good. Yes it's great to be scholarly and be able to spout off at the little Christian woman who wants to save souls - but are you truly happy with your lack of faith? Are you truly happy living lives putting down the Jesus that you once believed died on the cross to save you from your sins? I guess if you truly believe that He was evil or non existant than you should say the things you are saying. According to you I'm a fool that hasn't seen the light yet . . .

Well continue to believe that the world was created by chance - I believe that it came about by the loving and jealous hands of God the Father Our Creator . . .

You have a hand full of rocks you throw it over your shoulder it creates a perfect heart on the ground . . . or you have a hand full of rocks and you place the rocks on the ground to create a perfect heart . . . which is easier for you to believe?

What religion other than Christianity is as free? It's been done for me. I don't have to do anything but believe that God came to earth as Jesus and died on the cross to save me from my sins. Yes there is more that I do, but that is out of love - not fear.

You're right I don't completely understand the people in this forum and how they have reached their conclusions about Christianity. I can only try to understand from my own perspective how it would be for me if I had to give up my faith. Are there things I would do if I were not a Christian? I don't think so, so I'm not imagining any evil lifestyle that any of you are living.

I'm sure most of you do lead lives that you are proud of. But to me evil is anything that separates me from my God. Anything that takes my focus away from Him. That is evil to me and so yes I can say that what the majority of people are doing here is evil according to the Christian faith. But you're not Christians any more so I'm very sorry that offends you. As non believers I wouldn't think you'd care. It's not what I say that matters anyway. It's what God says (if you believe) If you don't then . . . I guess I wouldn't worry about someone calling you evil. Evil has been watered down to mean bad, but really it is a word that means sinful which is a word that describes something you do against God. So if there is no God then no evil.

There is bad however and the name calling is bad and mean. So yes I am sorry for saying that any of you are evil because I truly don't want to be a bad person. I don't want to sound arrogant so I'm sorry if that's the way I sound. When you believe as deeply as I do I guess that is just the way it comes out. I truly believe in the Lord because He is real for me. I can't imagine my life with out Him and I wouldn't want to live a life without Him. He has answered my prayers many times. He has spoken to me through others, through things that have happened to me, so yes I do believe. Can I prove it to you? No, I can't. Do I wish I could - maybe - but I'm not trying to win any brownie points - I should if I were a better Christian I guess - a more evangelistic one - but I'm only a Baptist Secretary - I'm a member of a Presbyterian church where we believe people need to come to there only conclusions - we just need to be open with the truth of what we believe. I can pray for you but then you wouldn't want that either so . . . I'll just say . . . take care and live long and prosper . . . I suppose you don't believe in Spock either . . .

ISB

life must be so easy when you dont have to think.

you may be 40 something but you have the conscience of a 6 year old.

look we have all been where you are, you on the other hand have yet understand freethought. you are a slave to your own fear of hell.. of dying. that is your satan...your fear. and you can thank chrisitanity for it...no its your fault, if the bible wasnt there it would be something else.

i digress.

and if it wasnt so much fun for everyone to fuck with you they would too.

its like tring to talkpolitics with a three year old and all the baby does is puts hir hand over hir ears and says lalalalalalala.

What religion other than Christianity is as free?

Why did you research them all before making a decision?

It doesn't matter what I or anyone else believes, but what is truth. Here are some evidences that can be searched and studied that will reveal answers, if studied diligently.

Sorry, ISB. What you listed there are not "evidences". Most of what you listed is not even true. Everything you listed is weak, or can be said of 10 other religions.

If you want to know the truth, then have the courage to study something outside of your already established sphere of influence.

You see, ISB - most of us have read the same books, studied the same bible, gone to the same bible studies, read the same bible commentaries that you study. We've heard the same sermons that you hear. We were once you.

But, we have additional knowledge. We have read and learned things of which you have no idea. Things that most christians will be too fearful to take a look at - for fear that the "devil" will get a foothold when a doubt creeps in.

Do you really do want to find out "truth"? Are you courageous enough to find out the facts about early christianity? The actual historical facts? Or is staying comfortable and secure more important? Are you brave enough to discover that something you believe may not be the actual truth?

You see, ISB, the history of the world did not begin with Adam and Eve and Father Abraham. The beginning of philosophical ideas and thought did not originate with Jesus. The world of the christian is much too small. Much too neat and clean.

If you want to actually learn something about your religion that you won't find out in sunday school, I can recommend a few authors:

Elaine Pagels. Robert Price. Earl Doherty. Bart Ehrman. Sam Harris.

If you're not afraid, that is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.