Goodbye Jesus

God, Jesus Or Man: Who Led You Away?

Guest Istillbelieve

And sarcasm - that's just our dazzling wit at work :) It's fun to lampoon the "lofty" and "holy" concepts and attitudes of Xianity, now that we know there's no eternal suffering waiting for us for having minds of our own.

It is, isn't it, varokhar? What the hell - someone has to be the one to yank Yahve off of his "holier than thou" throne.

Might as well be us.

The "river" must be the river Styx. Since ISB's ideas about hell come from Pagan Origins. But don't tell him that. Let him think he's got all the answers and that he's gonna learn to play the harp in God's heavenly choir someday.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Golden Meadows

• Checkmate

• Vigile

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do care about the people here - as much as I would care for any person that I don't know who is drowning in a river and won't grab hold of the log that I'm holding out for them. It's sad for me to see the way faith has turned to bitterness and sarcasim.

Oh you mean Spock isn't real. People here can't even take a joke. But then you're right this isn't a matter to joke about - so I'm sorry for trying to lighten things up a bit. There will be no more words from me to you . . . I'll just say a prayer and watch you float away down the river.

I Still Believe

ISB,

I did cry for help, on this very thread. you didn't even respond to me. The 'log' you are holding out to me/us must be the one in your own eye. Also, in your analogy, are we drowning or floating down the river, and if floating, what are we floating on?

I prayed, again on this very thread, that you would quit giving reasons for the cause of Christ to be blasphemed, and either God isn't listening to my prayer (although it's very much within His will), or the answer is 'no'.

Even within the realms of Christianity you are living in a fairy tale world. God has shown me a vision of you reading this post. He said for me to tell you to read it again.

I do care about the people here - as much as I would care for any person that I don't know who is drowning in a river and won't grab hold of the log that I'm holding out for them. It's sad for me to see the way faith has turned to bitterness and sarcasim.

Which is interesting since there is no river, log, or drowning.

Oh you mean Spock isn't real. People here can't even take a joke. But then you're right this isn't a matter to joke about - so I'm sorry for trying to lighten things up a bit. There will be no more words from me to you . . . I'll just say a prayer and watch you float away down the river.

I Still Believe

You tried and failed man.

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods, then you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen F. Roberts

ISB, (I know you're still reading. Voyeur that you are.) you have rejected all other gods. Why? Because you don't believe in them. Those religions make no sense to you.

Why is it SO damn difficult to realize that YOUR religion is just as unbelievable as all the rest? The same brain and common sense I used to reject all the other religions (which action you would applaud), I used to reject yours.

If you can't understand this, then you're an idiot.

Here's hoping that you stay true to your word and you don't return to post. The less idiocy we must wade through the better. Good riddance. :loser:

There will be no more words from me to you . . . I'll just say a prayer and watch you float away down the river.

I Still Believe

Well, have fun gloating, you smug little troll.

Spoken like a true christ-stain. So much love, it hurts! :loser:

I like to float. Better than being in the deep.

Guest Istillbelieve

Istillbelieve,

help me. I'm listening. I've fallen so low i can't even feel it anymore and I'm eating with sinners instead of eating my Fathers food. How did I get here?

Turn to God for your salvation, not me.

Istillbelieve,

help me. I'm listening. I've fallen so low i can't even feel it anymore and I'm eating with sinners instead of eating my Fathers food. How did I get here?

Aren't you the one who came here to save our souls? Now you refuse the offer, what the hell kind of Christian are you?

Did I call it, or not? I TOLD you all that ISB was a voyeur and wouldn't be leaving us!

"Waaah! You people are e-bille! I'm leaving and never coming back!" And yet, she keeps returning. What's the matter, ISB? Can't tell the truth to save your life, or what? If you're leaving, then STAY gone!

You should change your screen name to "Liar For Christ." :fdevil::Sheep:

lalalalalala i cant hear you lalalalalalalal. no please no you evil athiests dont ruin my peacful infancy. i refuse to come out of the womb and i suggest you do the same...im hear to warn you athiest fools..turn off and tune out before the devil eats your brains. im right you're wrong even though you know exactly where i come from but i have no idea what you are talking about. im just a know it all teenager that thinks all you grown ups are stupid.

"Waaah! You people are e-bille!

And quite interesting why we are considered evil: thought crimes. We dare question their religion and then belittle stupid logic. Therefore we are utterly depraved.

Jeffery Dahmer and Ted Bundy they're ok, they took a dip in the blood.

And then they cry because we are intolerant. Cry me a river and watch your back and your butt when you get to heaven ISB. Better sleep with one eye open to.

. . . I'll just say a prayer and watch you float away down the river.

I still believe, too! That is, I still believe this person is a nasty, arrogant bitch.

But, I don't believe she won't be back; she's told us that lie before.

turn off and tune out before the devil eats your brains.

:lmao::lmao:

So that's our problem..

The devil has so gorged himself on our brains that we're no longer able to understand the truth of the bible.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

good one.

1) Indestructibility Evidences. For centuries powerful people and even nations have attempted to destroy God's word and its truth, but here it stand just as Christ said it would.

I haven't finished reading your post yet ISB, but I will. I just wanted to comment on this before I went on.

Maybe the truth is just now being revealed. I think Jesus meant for everyone to understand what he was meaning when he spoke. Maybe he was speaking of enlightenment in the manner of the ancient Eastern thinkers and early Christianity and his word was misunderstood. And, through the last 2000 years or so, his word became what others wanted it to be. It is only now that the thinkers of today can unravel (somewhat) what he stood for...not what the church had him stand for. His true essence is being revealed.

In order to step out of the confusion and understand what he may have meant, takes a lot of hard work and study. It's not a process that someone can say, "this is what he meant" and you agree. You should never take another's word for it. You will only be motivated to learn if you are truthful with yourself and say that what you believe is instilled upon you. If you find something that doesn't make sense, study it to see if there is another meaning.

Well continue to believe that the world was created by chance - I believe that it came about by the loving and jealous hands of God the Father Our Creator . . .

Why would God be jealous? Jealous of what ISB? Another creator? Think....

I'm sure most of you do lead lives that you are proud of. But to me evil is anything that separates me from my God. Anything that takes my focus away from Him. That is evil to me and so yes I can say that what the majority of people are doing here is evil according to the Christian faith.

I wish you could see how Christianity (as you believe it to be) has separated you from God.

- I'm a member of a Presbyterian church where we believe people need to come to there only conclusions - we just need to be open with the truth of what we believe.

Maybe you meant to say "own" conclusions? I don't know though...if you tell them that what you believe is the truth, and you did mean to say 'only' conclusions...then how is that their own conclusion?

One can receive inspiration from a WORK OF FICTION, and NOT "believe in" the characters as real!

And the bible makes so much more sense and is filled with inspiration if it's read the exact same way.

There will be no more words from me to you . . . I'll just say a prayer and watch you float away down the river.

I Still Believe

Get off your high horse. Guess what? Your shit stinks too, so don't act like you're all better than anyone here just because you're a Christian.

You know...the saddest part of that is that she doesn't see herself this way at all. She sees herself as trying with all her might to save us from drowning. When the reality is is that she may hold her log of "truth" out for us to grab onto, she would never jump in with us when we just can't get a good hold of the damn log she is holding out. If my loved one fell into a river, I wouldn't just stand on the shore when they couldn't grab the log...my ass would be in the river after them. :HaHa:

ISB, didn't Jesus say that you should get the log out of your own eyes before you start picking sticks out of others?

See, now here is the problem. You think we are drowning. You have convinced yourself that we are drowning. WE AREN'T drowning.

We are floating merrily downstream in inner tubes on a nice hot sunny day. The water is nice. It's not buggy. And we've got a cooler of sodas and beer floating along with us. We know where we've been......we know where we are going.

And then some lunatic on shore is screaming her stupid head off scaring the birds out of the trees and trying to get us to grab her two-by-four by poking as many people as she can with it.

Now....WE know that around the riverbend there is a small bit of bouncy water followed by some pretty strong current. After that comes the shallow eddy by the parking area where we've all parked out cars. WE know where we are headed.

But the screeching dumb bitch on the riverbank has only heard there were some rapids around the bend, but has never gone to look herself, so she thinks it's huge.

We want to show her it's not true. We've even got a spare inner tube so she can join in the journey. But she won't come along so we can prove to her that it's not what she thinks.

So we float on by, enjoying our sodas, beer, and sunshine. While she keeps screaming and bouncing like a rabid squirrel on the riverbank.....too scared to join us, and too scared of her beliefs to leave the riverbank.

White_raven23, when I get divorced, will you marry me? You and I have been on the same page so often it's scary! I thought of the same analogy, but didn't want to waste my breath (keystrokes) on ISB. (Pearls before swine and all that.)

You fucking rock, girl! :thanks::woohoo:

:wub::wub::wub:

*blushing happily*

Aw Thanks Grinch!!

I had to work today (not that there was much today....as every connected company had today off), so I saw an opportunity to write about what I'd rather be doing! Today would have been perfect for it too.

ISB, didn't Jesus say that you should get the log out of your own eyes before you start picking sticks out of others?

Oh, Hans - you've quoted the single most ignored verse in the bible.

Not one single xtian ever thinks that verse refers to them. :rolleyes:

Of course not. The verse only refers to a Canadian lumberjack. :)

Istillbelieve,

Now THIS IS love.

According to Scripture (even in the 'Original Greek'), this is what Jesus will say to you ISB.

Because if you've done this unto the least of me His brethren, ISB, you have done it unto Him.

I may go to Hell now, but my blood will be on your hands, and God will NOT hold you guiltless.

You came here looking for me, and I responded, and you ignored me.

Of course God alone can save me. But then what are you doing here on a website called Ex-Christian? Looking to snatch someone from the flames? Well, you failed miserably. I thought at first you were sincere, but I guess I was wrong.

I only pray that when God sends someone to the lost souls of the world, He doesn't send a milk-sucking, loveless, misinformed babe in Christ like you.

As the Scripture says, "How will they hear without a preacher? How will it do them any good to hear if the preacher is full of shit? How beautiful are the feet of them sent to preach the Gospel!"

Again, that's my translation from the original Greek, but you get the point, I'm sure.

Maybe I need to learn more Greek, and maybe you need to examine yourself...see if you are 'in the Faith' at all.

Not everyone that says to Him "Lord, Lord" will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. But you just keep on, ISB, with your 'wonderful works'.

You'll be fine, honest! A little slumber...a little folding of the hands to sleep...

:lmao:

i'm not sure what float down the river ment. must be an older saying. even myself, a professed christian has gone floating down the river before. but i believe the verse actually said plank.

you have to cut her a break though. based on her principles and beliefs, she feels that she is only trying to help you. then in return she gets called idiot. this is very demoralizing for anyone. but she feels guilty for leaving, because she feels she has an obligation to help you. you have to understand that this can cause frustration. but she doesn't realize that all we are called to do is spread the word. i feel confident that everyone on here knows the message of Jesus. so she just has to realize, that it is out of her hands.

:lmao:

i'm not sure what float down the river ment. must be an older saying. even myself, a professed christian has gone floating down the river before. but i believe the verse actually said plank.

you have to cut her a break though. based on her principles and beliefs, she feels that she is only trying to help you. then in return she gets called idiot. this is very demoralizing for anyone. but she feels guilty for leaving, because she feels she has an obligation to help you. you have to understand that this can cause frustration. but she doesn't realize that all we are called to do is spread the word. i feel confident that everyone on here knows the message of Jesus. so she just has to realize, that it is out of her hands.

And how is this OUR fault? You Christians embrace a retarded belief system that causes you mental anquish, because it doesn't fit in with reality, and WE'RE the "bad guys"?

Gimme a fucking break! It is YOUR religion that is causing the problem, not us. We did not invite ISB to this forum. WE did not go looking for her to pick a fight. That was HER call, as dictated by HER retarded religious beliefs.

I feel absolutely NO pity or remorse for treating her, you or any other religious nitwit harshly, under THESE circumstances.

Now, if I were to go onto ChristianForums, or go into a church, or come into YOUR home and abuse you, THEN you'd have reason to complain. But in THIS case...?

You say that "we must understand". But what YOU must understand is that we DO understand! We once believed the same crap that YOU do! I was once an evangelist myself. I'm fully aware of how your religion warps your mind and forces you to perform against common sense. And THAT is why we want no part of it anymore! We're free! (Why can't YOU "understand" us? It's like being a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, when someone comes in preaching the goodness of Jim Beam®! They wouldn't get a warm welcome, I assure you.)

I will not "cut her a break". Her, nor YOU, nor anyone else who attempts to trap me and anyone else into your cult of insanity. You're members of a stupid religion, you're preaching stupid beliefs and therefore you are stupid people.

Deal with it, morons.

"Read Why I Think Less Of Theists"

Mr Grinch, are you a fundamentalist ? I don't agree with all that is written in the above essay about theists. Contrary to what it says I respect you as an atheist, how could I not respect somebody who makes me laugh! :) . The only real objection I have to atheism in its purest sense is the requirement for faith in something that by its very nature cannot be proven.

I'm putting on my hard helmet now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.