Goodbye Jesus

The Miami Seven

Llwellyn

I read on CNN that several of these guys were actually Roman Catholics and not Muslims at all. It seems like they were just men who thought they were still in a junior high club with secret rituals and big plans to play pranks on others. They would practice martial arts late at night like the odd high school nutcases, and they would walk around the neighborhood in turbins fully covering their heads.

The sister of one of them said something like, "He's a good kid, he just wanted to clean up the neighborhood." Well, I suppose in Abrahamic religions, "Cleaning up the neighborhood" might include butchering off others and rendering destruction and ruination, like demolishing the Sears Tower, so maybe she has a point?

My vote is for "buffoons" and not "terrorists." The US Attorneys office should just release them and give them all wooden guns, marbles, and indian headdresses to play with. We shouldn't waste judicial resources prosecuting and incarcerating these harmless idiots.

ecc_02_img0059.jpg

I think they were buffoons too. Probably looking for publicity.

The whole thing just sounds really...uhm...shoddy to me.

IMO, this is part and parcel of Karl Rove's planning for the upcoming elections: Terrorism anywhere, everywhere, anybody, everybody, trot 'em out, line 'em up, show 'em off!

I think these seven people were probably led on and set up by the Feds.

Well, how else do you think their families are going to react? Nobody who's a parent of someone like that ever suspects that they will do that. I mean, when was the last time you heard an arrested murderer's mother say something like, "Oh, I knew he was a bad kid the moment I gave birth to him! In fact, I always knew he was going to commit a murder!"

I do, however, think this story is being overly hyped up due to political reasons and these guys are more bark then bite. After all, if the Bush administration doesn't catch any terrorists, they'll look like they're losing the war on terror.