Goodbye Jesus

Great Bastards Of The Christian Faith

waynus

John Knox, for being a puritanical, judgmental, hellfire-and-brimstone bastard. Martin Luther, for being basically the same. Plus being a misogynist dickweed. In fact there were a number of loudmouthed Reformist jerks during the 16th century, extreme in their viewpoints because it was an extreme time. Heh, Calvin is another, as you've mentioned...

Ooooooh, Martin Luther. How I hate his very guts.

It seems Martin Luther hated children, because when I was in Lutheran elementary school it was accepted as general Lutheran law that children needed to be brought up as harshly as possible in order to be good Christians. We were rotten little devils, and only criticism and hard slaps could get the message across to us. I had ADD......enough said.

Also Martin Luther was nuts. He repeatedly saw images of the Devil, which I suppose isn't too bad, but then fought him off by, for one example, farting in his general direction. I am not making this up. The rest of the time Dear Luther just cussed him out. Not exactly the most Christian method of dismissing Satan.

I'd have to go with Henry VIII. It doesn't seem that he made any great impacts on the doctrine, dogma, or belief system of Christianity itself, no philosophical ramblings or anything, but really, you got to lose respect for a guy who founds a church because he wants to divorce his wife and bang a six-fingered chick (whom he just ends up killing off anyway).

Has anyone mentioned George Bush? Or Pat Robertson, who thinks his dick is bigger than than the Washington Monument when it's actually smaller than a Vienna sausage?

Cyril of Alexandria, he was number one on my list.

I hope that wasn't the same Cyril who invented the Cyrillic alphabet, because Cyrillic KICKS ASS.

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew Hopkins, the witchfinder general who had loads of women in England tortured and executed for alleged witchcraft.

Pope Leo X for acknowledging that Jesus is a fairy tale ("It has served us well, this myth of christ")and continuing to spread the myth anyway.

There are plenty to choose from but this one is not true, Leo X never spoke this. It was the work of the ant-catholic bigot John Bale who wrote it as part of his satire "The Pageant of the Popes"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigot