Goodbye Jesus

Tolerance (rant)

AtheistMommy

Let's count how many times he claims to be humble.

Atheists vary greatly in their philosophical views, and, consequently, in their perception of themselves and of their significance in the universe. Some, who are atheists, are too arrogant to believe in a god. I, on the other hand, am simply too humble to believe in one. I'm too humble to believe I was created in the image of a god. I'm too humble to believe there is some special place for my soul when I die. And I'm too humble to believe that some god created mankind, my kind, for his own glory. But I also feel that everything is even more amazing and special if it is true that there is not a god. What if there was no “creator?” What if life is merely here by chance? And how much more special is THIS life, if it is the ONLY life we get? Conversely, how amazing would the universe be if some god simply created it with the wave of his hand? How special would life be if some god simply creates it from dust anywhere, anytime? And how special is THIS life if it pails in comparison to some stupendous afterlife. I believe that all life we know is related. I believe that both virtue and aggression are innately human. I believe the majority of us are mostly good, but that some among us are more evil than not. And I believe that we shouldn’t need a reason, such as the approval of a god, or the promise a wonderful afterlife, to behave according to the values we know to be true. Those are a few of my philosophies on life and the universe. If you have thoughts of your own, that you would like to share, send me a message, and I will be happy to read them.

I counted four there. Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

im too humble to say im smarter than this guy. im too humble to say im more handsome than him. im too humble to tell him stop being so modest!

it's is more aarogant to continually claim to be humble, and to tell others to be humble.

Maybe he's very proud of being humble? :scratch:

Maybe he's very proud of being humble? :scratch:

Not too humble to be proud? lol... Contradiction, anyone? Those who brag and beat their chest about being humble -- as was pointed out earlier -- are not. It's a front. The question now is it intentional or does he really not understand his own actions?