Goodbye Jesus

Documentary Of Honor Academy/teen Mania

openpalm45

Here is a recent documentary of an internship I was in called the Honor Academy. Many of you may have gone to Acquire the Fire, or went on a mission trip with Global Expeditions. They are all part of Teen Mania's ministry. While I don't agree with everything in this documentary, or think they portrayed The Honor Academy exactly right, it is still an interesting documentary that does give you an idea of what this experience is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FGoAWW0BIgQ

If you have any questions, I can also answer them. I graduated their year long program and have many friends who stayed on for a second year.

Here is a recent documentary of an internship I was in called the Honor Academy. Many of you may have gone to Acquire the Fire, or went on a mission trip with Global Expeditions. They are all part of Teen Mania's ministry. While I don't agree with everything in this documentary, or think they portrayed The Honor Academy exactly right, it is still an interesting documentary that does give you an idea of what this experience is like.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=FGoAWW0BIgQ

If you have any questions, I can also answer them. I graduated their year long program and have many friends who stayed on for a second year.

Was the crawling through the mud, hauling heavy loads and eating bugs part correct? I didn't watch it all the way through due to bandwidth issues but from what I saw it looked like they were trying to copy military training. Military training is designed to take a normal person and get them to kill on command plus prepare them to face the mind-destroying trauma of the real hell, the horror we call "war". What those Christians are doing to those teens looks dangerous to me.

I had it easy. When I was a kid and my folks wanted to end my doubts I got sent to a camp with a lake where we ate ice cream and sang Jesus songs. The pressure was only emotional. They would tell us spiritual warfare stories that were basically ghost stories with a Christian agenda. It worked; that is it fooled me but it was cake. I'm just amazed at what other people had to endure. Maybe some of it should be illegal.

• Like 1

I'm just amazed at what other people had to endure. Maybe some of it should be illegal.

I couldn't agree more, MM

I went to one called "Teen Missions" when I was 17.

Most of it is illegal.

The whole call center section was just blatant worker abuse.

I just watched the whole thing while at work. Copy and pasting excel is really boring. So wow.

I feel so angry to actually see how people will manipulate kids for their own profit in the name of religion.

Part of me want to say something cliched at this point as a comfort to those who went through it. But that feels empty to me.

So I'll just say you have a home here to talk about anything that you need.

• Like 1