Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Here.

ApostateDave

Hey folks,

My name is David and I am 16 years old. I left Christianity when I was 13 when I found some serious contradictions in the Bible that could not possibly be reconciled.

I hope to learn more and debate with Christians.

Hey folks,

My name is David and I am 16 years old. I left Christianity when I was 13 when I found some serious contradictions in the Bible that could not possibly be reconciled.

I hope to learn more and debate with Christians.

Welcome Apostate! So glad you have joined us!! You already sound quite self assured for a young person!! Good for you! If you have any concerns or questions, just post them and we'll do our best to help. Meanwhile, sit back and read all the great article s that are already here at EX-C!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!!

Thanks a lot! (Wasn't sure where to put it. Sorry if it is in the wrong category)

I left Christianity ... when I found some serious contradictions in the Bible that could not possibly be reconciled.

Hopefully no one misconstrues this, but am always glad to see when it is the Bible that causes someone to leave Christianity. I'm probably a little biased because it was also the Bible that caused me to leave. :) Glad you are here - welcome to Ex-C.

• Like 2

I left Christianity ... when I found some serious contradictions in the Bible that could not possibly be reconciled.

Hopefully no one misconstrues this, but am always glad to see when it is the Bible that causes someone to leave Christianity. I'm probably a little biased because it was also the Bible that caused me to leave. :) Glad you are here - welcome to Ex-C.

Here here!!

Hi David, welcome. How are is your situation with your family? Do/Will they tend to approve or disapprove of your atheism?

Hopefully no one misconstrues this, but am always glad to see when it is the Bible that causes someone to leave Christianity. I'm probably a little biased because it was also the Bible that caused me to leave. smile.png Glad you are here - welcome to Ex-C.

I would just say you appreciate the irony. Am I far off?

Hi! Welcome to Ex-C :)

I wish I dumped my faith at such an young age.

Welcome, David!

welcome and well done for breaking free so young.You have a future now in which you decide:not the church or a bully in the air.Good for you. clap.gif

• Like 1

Hi David, welcome. How are is your situation with your family? Do/Will they tend to approve or disapprove of your atheism?

Disaprove. I am forced to attend church--UGH!

Hopefully no one misconstrues this, but am always glad to see when it is the Bible that causes someone to leave Christianity. I'm probably a little biased because it was also the Bible that caused me to leave. smile.png Glad you are here - welcome to Ex-C.

Indeed. As I've stated many times: The Bible is its own worst enemy.

Not too far off.

My responses are in blue.

Disaprove. I am forced to attend church--UGH!

Indeed. As I've stated many times: The Bible is its own worst enemy.

Not too far off.

My responses are in blue.

I hear you. I am forced to go to church as well. Some days it's grin and bear it. You can make it!

I hear you. I am forced to go to church as well. Some days it's grin and bear it. You can make it!

Thanks for the encouragement.

I would encourage you to do a fervent study of the bible, trace the origins of the OT and NT, see where the pagan roots are. You will need this to debate the woos.

I started questioning at age 8 but fell into their clutches again in my 20's, indoctrination is strong and you need to demolish this totally so as not to make the mistake I made. At your age 16, I rebelled and then later when my kids came along and other stuff happened, I was vulnerable and drank the koolaid. These folk are very subtle to draw you back in and there are family traditions like dedications/christenings and you will need to put your foot down to these rituals.

Welcome to the dark side light.

Enjoy your debate. Just don't expect to destroy the xians with logic. They don't care about logic.

Welcome to the forum, Apostate :)

I wish I'd left the fold at your age, too. Unfortunately, I was 17 when I got caught-up hard-core in the bullshit. keep thinking for yourself- it's is so awesome you got out so young :)

love Pudd :)

Enjoy your debate. Just don't expect to destroy the xians with logic. They don't care about logic.

And to quote a Christian in my debate against him on evolution:

"So your facts are irrelevent. Your logic is irrelevent. Your concepts and theories are all irrelevent and mean nothing to me."

• Like 1

"So your facts are irrelevent. Your logic is irrelevent. Your concepts and theories are all irrelevent and mean nothing to me."

Wow, an honest xtian lol.

• Like 1

Wow, an honest xtian lol.

That sounds about right. They don't want to listen to anything not contained in their much edited Bibles, not spoken by their ministers, contained in their commentaries, or found in one of their many self-help manipulation books. Awesome that you are brave enough to debate though :)

• Like 1

David, I once again welcome you to ex-C. I enjoyed our brief exchange in the chatroom the other day and I look forward to speaking with you more.

LOL!

"So, your father, son and holy ghost are irrelevant. Your bible is irrelevant. Your xian apologetics are all irrelevant and mean nothing to me." :-)

• Like 1