Goodbye Jesus

Christian Apologist Nails It. Just Listen To Him.

LukeExChristian

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's all bulls---, and i still have plenty to counter argue in this video. but i wish that more christians would listen to frank turek. or WLC. or apologists in general so they at least HAVE AN IDEA what atheists think. albeit it may be strawman-y.

the first 0:53 seconds is my deconversion in a nutshell.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwEI-ky6uI

2:42 - "In our culture today, we don't think truth exists. Or we say it's true for you but not for me, or all truth is relative."

Christians are notorious for saying this, but it seems to me that it's a strawman. I've been out of Christianity for a decade now and have associated with numerous other freethinkers, atheists, and other nonreligious people, and I have yet to hear any of them claim this.

2:42 - "In our culture today, we don't think truth exists. Or we say it's true for you but not for me, or all truth is relative."

Christians are notorious for saying this, but it seems to me that it's a strawman. I've been out of Christianity for a decade now and have associated with numerous other freethinkers, atheists, and other nonreligious people, and I have yet to hear any of them claim this.

When I was growing up my parents pushed Christian speaker Josh McDowell on me. One of his major talking points was that our culture is deprived because there is no "t/Truth". Cultural relativists are pushing tolerance on us to the point that even horrible things like incest and rape are no longer wrong - we need to be tolerant. Tolerance is a dirty word among some Christian circles. 

now that i think about it... this would he a good clip for the lion's den...

And he really doesn't say anything substantial afterward, either. It's all general and introductory talk.

He doesn't, but it is just part of the whole video. He is right about one thing, though: a lot of Xians have no clue whatever why they believe it. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

2:59 - he's going to give evidence that god exists outside of the bible??? I'd love to see the rest of it and how he 'proves' that........

Anyone have that part of this discussion? I'd love to watch it.......

By "truth," they actually mean "religion." Because people see things differently, what is true for one person another sees as wrong. So we have learned to accept that that's how it is, and the Xians twist it to mean we believe there isn't any truth.

When I was growing up my parents pushed Christian speaker Josh McDowell on me. One of his major talking points was that our culture is deprived because there is no "t/Truth". Cultural relativists are pushing tolerance on us to the point that even horrible things like incest and rape are no longer wrong - we need to be tolerant. Tolerance is a dirty word among some Christian circles. 

That hypocrite. They are the ones pushing relativism. They shrug when someone mentions rape or slavery in the bible, and say it was the culture back then. So the fact that it was the culture makes it okay? Just remember, when those slobbering idiots accuse the rest of us of not believing anything to be absolutely wrong, they are the ones who say that brutalizing people is fine if it happened in the right time period.

• Like 1