Goodbye Jesus

Not A Respecter Of Persons

TheRedneckProfessor

When a certain Baptist says, "Well friend, we'll just have to agree to disagree", here's what it really means.

I'm not going to accept any evidence that contradicts what I believe.

My belief trumps the facts and the evidence every time.  When I say that I disagree, I'm actually saying that I deny the evidence.  Disagree is my secret code for denial.  If someone catches me out with some facts or evidence, I'm just going to say that I disagree.  What I really mean by this is that I deny that evidence. That way I don't have to justify my beliefs in the face of contradictory facts.  If someone presses me - I'll simply refuse to answer them.  If someone corners me with my own words, first I'll say that I disagree with them and then I'll refuse to answer to answer them.  If someone catches me on a contradiction in scripture, I'll do the same things.

Polite disagreement (denial) and refusal to answer are my 'get-out-of-jail-for-free' cards and I'll play them as often as needed.

What I mustn't ever, ever do however is acknowledge error on my part.  If polite disagreement (denial) doesn't end the dispute then I'll put up an impenetrable, unbreakable and insurmountable wall of silence.  It doesn't matter how many questions and issues I should answer and respond to - I refuse to do it!  It doesn't matter how trivial the point is - I'll never admit that I'm wrong!  I don't care how arrogant, selfish and self-centered this makes me look - I refuse to budge!  I don't care if my stonewalling silence causes others to turn away from Christ - I won't answer!

I won't face up to the facts.  

I won't face up to the evidence.

I refuse and choose to believe otherwise.

• Like 1

Anyone else catch this bit?

"My understanding of God is limited to what he has revealed in scripture." - IH

Then why all the quote mining and song lyrics?

• 2 weeks later...

Lucynia"           IH might as well say "I don't know anything about god. Because, if there is a god, he/she certainly is not the monster described in the bible.   bill

Further proof that God is a sadist who has written a horrifying drama for his own entertainment.  If he elevates one group above all the rest, then why did he create all the rest?  To be inferior, to sin, to never find him, to suffer.  Yes, he creates most of us to suffer not only in this life, but in eternity.  That's why he created them.  They never had a chance, though it's all their fault of course.  And suffering for eternity, in a place that hell is described as...really?  All the craziest serial killers that ever lived, live now or ever will live put together could not match this guy in terms of cruelty and sadistic pleasure in meaningless suffering.

Pat yourself on the back for being able to say this:

God the supreme being in the universe. His mind and intellect are beyond infinity 

compared to my mind and intellect.

• Like 1