Goodbye Jesus

Okay Nfl Enough Is Enough

Geezer

That reminds me.  In Thailand, the Aussie bars are full of guys watching Rugby.  You didn't see English, Swedish, Danish, Russian, etc... bars filled with football fans, but it was guaranteed on any given day that the Aussie bars would be full and the games would be on.

You have to be a pretty hard core fan to take a two week vacation to Thailand only to sit in the bar and watch sport. 

Never been a fan, especially in college that got me the view I have today. To me sports is not a real job, like everyone else. I don't get the whole sweaty dudes chasing a ball for three hours thing, it puts me to sleep. Howevert besides that which ya'all know already.

Firstly here is how college works, in the Cal State system, they have the 2% rule.What that means that 2 percent can get accepted if they didn't meet the requirments. This is reserved for atheletes and some people that are given a second chance (that is a bit long winded). First off, school is for academics, I don't give a fuck if you kick a ball around, grab someones ass on a mat, throw a ball threw a hoop.

When all those budget cuts were happening, my school in particular was getting affected, Prices were going up, classes were being cut, yet money was still flowing to the sports programs. Which in my town, no one goes to, hell they have offer freebies and coupons to get people to go. I am not kidding, we waste are main arena (not located at the school) when it barely fills up a level at least. (which also costs the school money). Not to add atheletes got special treatment, I say fuck it, school comes first, yet it doesn't work that way.

That reminds me.  In Thailand, the Aussie bars are full of guys watching Rugby.  You didn't see English, Swedish, Danish, Russian, etc... bars filled with football fans, but it was guaranteed on any given day that the Aussie bars would be full and the games would be on.

You have to be a pretty hard core fan to take a two week vacation to Thailand only to sit in the bar and watch sport. 

yeah, aussies are really embarrassing in thailand and bali from what I've heard. bunch of drunkards :)

I didn't see any drunken behavior from aussies, just Russians. One guy was so drunk he collapsed on a row of scooters and knocked them over like dominos. He was trapped underneath and bloody. I and a thai girl pulled the bikes off him and then someone grabbed my arm and told me to get out of there before the bike owners showed up and beat the he'll out of me. The thing girl stayed behind and helped him into the bar to get him cleaned up. I was pretty impressed by her kindness.

I've never understood the appeal of watching big sweaty millionaires chase a ball around. Not saying I have a problem with it... just that I don't get it.

I think that being a fan of team sports must be an outlet for some basic human tribal instinct that I lack. We can't really root for our men to go kick the asses of all the men in the village over the hill... so we do that by proxy via sports?

Personally the only team sport I'm really into is women's beach volleyball. I was flipping through the channels a while back and came across the U.S. vs. Brazil. The U.S. team didn't really float my boat so to speak... but I gotta say that Brazil had the best team I've ever seen! They didn't win the game... but they won hearts and minds. yellow.gif

article-2182839-1459C48C000005DC-133_306

I don't have anything new to add. I just wanted to see that picture again. 

• Like 2