Goodbye Jesus

Scientists Confirm Drunk You Is The Real You.

ContraBardus

Well, the study aside, I would suggest that it seems reasonable to judge people by their drunk behavior, provided that some additional data be taken after the fact. I've known people I would classify as both "good" and "bad" who are assholes while drunk. The key difference is that only the good people apologize for their behavior later on. I can forgive a person's drunken rudeness, but the apology has to come at some point or else said person is on my shitlist.

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I'm typically really happy, and whimsical when drunk. Whew! That must mean that's the real meeeee! What a relief.

:D

New Study shows Happy drunk loses everything.. job, family, friends, home, etc. just like any other alcoholic.

New Study shows Happy drunk loses everything.. job, family, friends, home, etc. just like any other alcoholic.

Gee, mikey101.  I'm getting the impression that you have a problem with people who like to drink.  Do you feel the same way about people who like to smoke pot?

Gee, mikey101.  I'm getting the impression that you have a problem with people who like to drink.  Do you feel the same way about people who like to smoke pot?

I was saying that if you're an alcoholic, it doesn't matter if you're happy or angry when you're drunk.  Do I have a problem with people that lose their job, family, friends home etc, due to alcohol addiction?  Uhh, no, I feel sorry for them.  If it bothers you when people mention alcoholism in a thread, maybe you should look at yourself.

I was saying that if you're an alcoholic, it doesn't matter if you're happy or angry when you're drunk.  Do I have a problem with people that lose their job, family, friends home etc, due to alcohol addiction?  Uhh, no, I feel sorry for them.  If it bothers you when people mention alcoholism in a thread, maybe you should look at yourself.

Oh, I have.  I've cut way back on my drinking.  :P

Someone can be going through a tough time in life and be angry when they drink, and later may have an easy time in life and be happy when they drink.  I don't think it's so much showing who a person is as much as what their life is like at the time.  The same goes for social drinkers and alcoholics.

Never met a pot head that crashed his/her car into phone pole and cut their face open from lip to ear... I did have a roomate who did that to herself being a problematic drunkard. She was still a pretty girl after but it was hard on her having a 9 inch scar on the center of her cheek at 26 years old.

Moderation in all things is the key to a healthier life. Drinking is fine if you can control yourself just as with marijuana or any other substance that alters you. If you alter yourself so much that it becomes your new reality it is no longer doing what it is intended for.

One of the areas affected by alcohol is the higher judgement centre of the brain, the pre-frontal cortex. Impulse control.

Doesn't that explain the entire issue?

In my experience those who repress themselves (not control or integrate their darker impulses, but repress and deny) are the ones who are the meanest drunks.