Goodbye Jesus

Are You An Ex Christian? Are Any Of You Not Former Christians?

BoldIrishLad

Yes I hope I didn't give you the impression that I was saying otherwise. It's just I don't see why Christian women are not pissed and recognize the damage Scripture does. People gave God a gender, called him the Son of MAN, who chose 12 guys as Apostles, and referred to God as "Father".

The twelve tribes of Israel were named after twelve men and there was an all male priesthood and "men of God" like Solomon were blessed with hundreds of wives. I try to think of what Christian women must think when they read that shit. I would be friggin bitter as all Hell!

That's not even the worst of it.

How about unbetrothed female rape victims being forced by divine law to marry their rapists? See Deuteronomy 22:28-29.

How about female war captives being forced into marriage with their families' killers, thus amounting to divinely sanctioned rape? See Deuteronomy 21:10-13.

How about males being given higher monetary value than females in every age bracket? See Leviticus 27:1-7.

How about the commandment against coveting a neighbor's wife having nothing to do the woman's actual inherent value, but rather the fact that she's your neighbor's property alongside his house, servants and flocks? See Exodus 20:17.

How about the birth of a baby girl requiring the mother to be viewed as unclean for twice as long as the birth of a baby boy? See Leviticus 12:2 & 5.

How about the creation account having the woman created as merely a helper for the man after no suitable helpers were found amongst other animals? See Genesis 2:18-22.

How about even the New Testament placing man higher than woman by referencing Adam being created before Eve and blaming Eve for being deceived? See 1 Timothy 2:13-14.

How about it being a shame for women to speak in church? See 1 Corinthians 14:34-35.

How about wives being required to submit to their husbands in all things? See Ephesians 5:22.

Yes, indeed, the culture that the Bible came from was extremely chauvinistic. Yet my wife still believes all that Christianity bullshit.

Yes I have barely scraped the surface. Im going to use this post of yours at a Christian site if that is okay.

Thank you Deva , that is so sad. Did you go to a public school or did your parents shelter you from the secular world? You must have been very angry when you realized how you had been brainwashed. Sharing your experience with other captives may help others break free without having to go through 40 years of such crippling nonsense.

You and so many others could probably reach people if you shared your testimony on Christian forums. I would think children who have been indoctrinated often break free if they go to a secular college provided they don't isolation or surround themselves only with religious people.

Thank you Boldirish.  I did go to a public school.  Probably because my parents were not rich.

Please do not share my posts outside of this site, and that is my mod side talking. Board wars are not permitted on this site.

It wont happen thank you. I just thought you might inspire others with your testimony.

Yes I have barely scraped the surface. Im going to use this post of yours at a Christian site if that is okay.

Thank you Deva , that is so sad. Did you go to a public school or did your parents shelter you from the secular world? You must have been very angry when you realized how you had been brainwashed. Sharing your experience with other captives may help others break free without having to go through 40 years of such crippling nonsense.

You and so many others could probably reach people if you shared your testimony on Christian forums. I would think children who have been indoctrinated often break free if they go to a secular college provided they don't isolation or surround themselves only with religious people.

I don't think to start some outreach program would really be the way to go. When I was a devoted christian no one could have talked me out of it. Those with doubts will finally find their way out. In my opinion it is a journey one has to find on his own. There are many things i regret and one is that it took me so long to realize what this religion is all about. But had I not gone to the most extreme and tried so hard to make this all work, I would probably be prone to go back and forth and back all my life thinking I just never really tried. People who know me can see the change, they can read my facebook posts and once in a while I challenge some fundy christian on a stupid post he makes. But I am not going into christian online forums to do that. Also I bet if I would the mods would be quick in blocking me...

I didn't know about all those verses that were mentioned and those are good Scriptures to share with Christians don't you think?

I don't think to start some outreach program would really be the way to go. When I was a devoted christian no one could have talked me out of it. Those with doubts will finally find their way out. In my opinion it is a journey one has to find on his own. There are many things i regret and one is that it took me so long to realize what this religion is all about. But had I not gone to the most extreme and tried so hard to make this all work, I would probably be prone to go back and forth and back all my life thinking I just never really tried. People who know me can see the change, they can read my facebook posts and once in a while I challenge some fundy christian on a stupid post he makes. But I am not going into christian online forums to do that. Also I bet if I would the mods would be quick in blocking me...

If Atheists never reached out to me, I would not be one.

Here's a link you can post on other sites, that lists a bunch of woman-hating scriptures.  The author even wrote a book about the topic.

http://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/18512-why-women-need-freedom-from-religion

When talking about this with xians, their usual retort is that all that stuff was in the OT and jesus came to do away with the law.  That is bullshit too, because jesus is claimed to have said you still need to follow the law.  I wish I could find the ref for that but its somewhere in the gospels.  And there is plenty of misogyny in the writings attributed to "Paul".

Yes I hope I didn't give you the impression that I was saying otherwise. It's just I don't see why Christian women are not pissed and recognize the damage Scripture does. People gave God a gender, called him the Son of MAN, who chose 12 guys as Apostles, and referred to God as "Father".

The twelve tribes of Israel were named after twelve men and there was an all male priesthood and "men of God" like Solomon were blessed with hundreds of wives. I try to think of what Christian women must think when they read that shit. I would be friggin bitter as all Hell!

How about unbetrothed female rape victims being forced by divine law to marry their rapists? See Deuteronomy 22:28-29.

How about female war captives being forced into marriage with their families' killers, thus amounting to divinely sanctioned rape? See Deuteronomy 21:10-13.

How about males being given higher monetary value than females in every age bracket? See Leviticus 27:1-7.

How about the commandment against coveting a neighbor's wife having nothing to do the woman's actual inherent value, but rather the fact that she's your neighbor's property alongside his house, servants and flocks? See Exodus 20:17.

How about the birth of a baby girl requiring the mother to be viewed as unclean for twice as long as the birth of a baby boy? See Leviticus 12:2 & 5.

How about the creation account having the woman created as merely a helper for the man after no suitable helpers were found amongst other animals? See Genesis 2:18-22.

How about even the New Testament placing man higher than woman by referencing Adam being created before Eve and blaming Eve for being deceived? See 1 Timothy 2:13-14.

How about it being a shame for women to speak in church? See 1 Corinthians 14:34-35.

How about wives being required to submit to their husbands in all things? See Ephesians 5:22.

Yes, indeed, the culture that the Bible came from was extremely chauvinistic. Yet my wife still believes all that Christianity bullshit.

That's fine. I don't have a copyright on the Bible. ;) Be forewarned, though, that many Christians have "answers" to a lot of this stuff. The "answers" are flimsy and empty, but the brainwashed can't see reality.

When talking about this with xians, their usual retort is that all that stuff was in the OT and jesus came to do away with the law.  That is bullshit too, because jesus is claimed to have said you still need to follow the law.  I wish I could find the ref for that but its somewhere in the gospels.

You mean when Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law and that none of it will pass away until it all is fulfilled? That's Matthew 5:17-18.

• Like 1

That's fine. I don't have a copyright on the Bible. wink.png Be forewarned, though, that many Christians have "answers" to a lot of this stuff. The "answers" are flimsy and empty, but the brainwashed can't see reality.

When talking about this with xians, their usual retort is that all that stuff was in the OT and jesus came to do away with the law.  That is bullshit too, because jesus is claimed to have said you still need to follow the law.  I wish I could find the ref for that but its somewhere in the gospels.

You mean when Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law and that none of it will pass away until it all is fulfilled? That's Matthew 5:17-18.

Thanks, Citsonga, you're a star.

(Checkmate, theists. Lol)

If Atheists never reached out to me, I would not be one.

Though where they random atheists you just found in a forum or where they people you in some way already established a relationship. E.g. workmates, roommates, students you study with, sportsmates...?

If you feel like going on christian forums to reach out for others, do so.

I don't meet many Atheists in real life. Then again, I probably meet more than I realize but they don't mention it and I don't ask. I have met an Atheist Sponsor online who is trying very hard to get me off the booze, and other altruistic and humble and non judgmental people with no Religion, and that told me something.

Meeting so many divided Religious bigots who hate other Christians because they don't interpret the Bible the right way ( in real life and online ) helped me see the light. Meeting homosexuals who are not the evil wicked monsters they are demonized as being helped as well (both online and irl).

A lot of my deconversion had to do with online stuff. Going to Christian forums did a lot to turn me off, but it was largely Atheists online who purged me of the rest of my theological madness and brought me to the state of moral relativism and disbelief that I am currently in. I have read what Atheists say and it makes far more sense than what the Bible says.

• Like 1

Oh, hey, I'm actually one of those "never were Christian" atheists.

It was my parents who left Christianity. I was raised with a very laid-back "some people believe X and some people believe Y - but you can make up your own mind" kind of attitude towards religion. The reason I'm here is that I see some beliefs do a lot of harm to people, it's important to discuss these things, and I'm a different sort of perspective. I would guess that you're right, that there are a lot more non-Christians around you than you realize. I've found most non-Christians don't bother to make noises about it. Probably not a lot of people I know would know I was an atheist, because people tend to assume that you're Christian, here, and, honestly, it just doesn't come up.

...Unless you knock on my door at 10 AM on a Saturday, and want to convert me. Then, it will come up, and the gloves will be off. wink.png