Goodbye Jesus

The Yellow Rose Of Texas

Castiel233

I have heard that Texas is rather keen on the Christian faith, so much so that even cafes and shops have pro Jesus signs and promos , such as "Big George Pizza's" we offer two for one on every Bible tract presented".....OK so I made that one up, but I hear the faithful are not shy in sharing their keeness on the Son of God.

Anyone been there (or lives there)

Guest Furball

The only thing I know about the south (bible belt) is that none of them read their bibles. Literally, I have heard and read time and again from people who live there that when asked if they ever read their bible all the way through, 99% of them admit they haven't. The only bible verse they seem to be able to quote is john 3:16. Then they run around shoving a tract in peoples hands. I'm not joking, someone once told they literally walk up to complete strangers asking them if they are saved. If they reply no the person freaks, and literally tries to shove a tract into their hands giving them the turn or burn speech. 

my 2 shekels worth -me

Oh, yes.  Some retail establishments even pipe in Christian music.  Some small towns have crosses and signs along the side of the road.  We have more churches than gas stations.  I've been involved in evangelism and church plants in which we cold called and knocked on every door in town.

• Super Moderator

On Sundays, lots of restaurants around here (Virginia) will give a discount to customers who show their church bulletin.  I guess this means that the SDAs are not really True Christianstm after all.  Or maybe they're the persecuted minority, so they are really the Really True Christianstm.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif )  

I have heard that Texas is rather keen on the Christian faith, so much so that even cafes and shops have pro Jesus signs and promos , such as "Big George Pizza's" we offer two for one on every Bible tract presented".....OK so I made that one up, but I hear the faithful are not shy in sharing their keeness on the Son of God.

Anyone been there (or lives there)

I spent 6 weeks in Texas during basic training and went to church a few times.