Goodbye Jesus

Which Is The Right Christianity?

R. S. Martin

Guest Furball

for example 20 years after the first church, some members leaving to Jordan because they are not agree regarding mary's virginity

Where did you get this info? Could you post a link so i can verify it? Thank you

• Super Moderator

"Which is the right christianity?"

"Mine" says every christian out there.

"Which is the right christianity?"

"Mine" says every christian out there.

Right-O!

• Like 1

yet they all read from the same book....how odd

You'd almost think it was a poorly-written, poorly-compiled series of self-aggrandizing works that can't paint a coherent picture worth a damn, which is, in its whole, a fan fiction of another tome with the exact same problem...

for example 20 years after the first church, some members leaving to Jordan because they are not agree regarding mary's virginity

Where did you get this info? Could you post a link so i can verify it? Thank you

I read it in one of book written by senior pastor about disunity of christianity

I'm sorry it's a book and in indonesian language

Guest Furball

I read it in one of book written by senior pastor about disunity of christianity

I'm sorry it's a book and in indonesian language

Oh well, thanks anyways

I was fortunate enough to be a member of the one true Church that Jesus created personally on the day of Pentecost. I know that is true because they told me that over and over for my entire twenty seven year tenure with them. It sometimes made me sad to acknowledge that I was saved but all those other mislead pretend Christians in denominations were going to hell.

Sorry, Geezer, but unless you were Assemblies of God, then you weren't a member of the one true church that jesus created personally on the day of pentecost.  You were one of those other misled pretend christians who were going to hell.  wink.png

Whoa there, Prof! The only ones who really got it right was my group of horse and buggy Mennonites. Just talk to my Dad. Well, that worked until he died. Now you can talk to his neighbours and ministers. They'll know it, too.

There is a mennonite community near where I live. I have had dealings with a few of them for some obscure parts I needed. Honestly they are the only group of christians I can stand at all anymore.

Why?

I asked one day "Why do you all not ever try and preach at me or talk about god to me since I know you are all very religious and devout followers?" His answer was that he was. I asked him since he had never said anything about his faith to me how that could be? He said the only way that I am those like me care to minister to you was in the way they lived their lives. I have zero respect for their belief in as much as I don't and have never believed in god. I do however have respect for them for giving me the respect to let me come to my own conclusions and simply live in a way that they felt right that was not forceful of others.

I still think they are dead wrong but I appreciate their lack of need to force it on me.

I was fortunate enough to be a member of the one true Church that Jesus created personally on the day of Pentecost. I know that is true because they told me that over and over for my entire twenty seven year tenure with them. It sometimes made me sad to acknowledge that I was saved but all those other mislead pretend Christians in denominations were going to hell.

Sorry, Geezer, but unless you were Assemblies of God, then you weren't a member of the one true church that jesus created personally on the day of pentecost.  You were one of those other misled pretend christians who were going to hell.  wink.png

Whoa there, Prof! The only ones who really got it right was my group of horse and buggy Mennonites. Just talk to my Dad. Well, that worked until he died. Now you can talk to his neighbours and ministers. They'll know it, too.

There is a mennonite community near where I live. I have had dealings with a few of them for some obscure parts I needed. Honestly they are the only group of christians I can stand at all anymore.

Why?

I asked one day "Why do you all not ever try and preach at me or talk about god to me since I know you are all very religious and devout followers?" His answer was that he was. I asked him since he had never said anything about his faith to me how that could be? He said the only way that I am those like me care to minister to you was in the way they lived their lives. I have zero respect for their belief in as much as I don't and have never believed in god. I do however have respect for them for giving me the respect to let me come to my own conclusions and simply live in a way that they felt right that was not forceful of others.

I still think they are dead wrong but I appreciate their lack of need to force it on me.

They believe they are a "light on a hill", the "salt of the earth." At least, the Mennonites I was part of preached like that, and they also felt it was wrong to do mission work or testify to the world. "A light makes no noise," one person explained to me. The idea is to lead by example. And there's always people telling them how much they respect them so they assure themselves it's working.

As for putting no pressure on outsiders. They wouldn't on you because you're not one of their own. My own family and former friends feel responsible for my salvation as in being their sister's keeper. Mennonites believe that more is expected of those of us who have the teachings than of outsiders like you. It's in the sermons. 

But I can well see your point. I often wonder how my people appear to others so thanks for sharing.

yes, they can believe that they are light or salt

but I have freedom to choose how bright my room or how salty my food is

what if i prefer a dimer light so me and my gf can have a more romantic saturday night at home?

or what if I choose to reduce sodium intake?

some of christians does their evangelization by forcing me to see with 5000W light bulb for concert show 

or by putting the whole bag of salt to my bowl of soup

why I cannot decide for myself the level of brightness and saltiness that I'm comfortable with?

why I have to follow your preferences to be "righteous"?

who are you to claim your preferences are right?

I love your reasoning, francesco.

I realize this photo is not just about Christianity but I found it on Facebook and I think it's a nice touch to this thread. 

2pz0ins.jpg

SOURCE (where I found it) https://www.facebook.com/LiveTheGoldenRule/photos/a.171701066272998.32730.170621809714257/657463714363395/?type=1&theater

• Like 1