Goodbye Jesus

One Year Anniversary Of Being An Ex-C

FreeThinkerNZ

On 1 March 2014 I realised I no longer believed in biblegod, and my life changed forever.

The last year has been awesome.  There have been ups and downs but overall it has been the best year of my life.  Thank you to everyone who helped and supported me as I came to terms with life as an ex-c, you guys are truly awesome.

Slide1.PNG

• Like 6

Congratulations. I always thought you'd been out for much longer...so much for assumptions.seems like you've deconverted well then.

My first couple yrs deconversion was great:so many new things to do and experience. I wish you the same.

Congratulations on freeing yourself from those heavy chains. Continue to enjoy a freedom that many will never know.

Congratulations FreeThinker. And thank you for all the contributions you have made here on Ex-C!!

Go do something really nice for yourself today!! You have reason to celebrate!! yellow.gif

Congrats! biggrin.png

Good for you.  NZ I think you have made some nice progress.  Thanks for your contributions.

Congrats! 

Happy anniversary!

• Super Moderator

Happy Anniversary, and congratulations!

Happy anniversary!

Hell, yeah, FT! Way to go with one year down, here's to another!

Congrats! It was a year for me in February so yayyyyy!!!!

Congratulations. And, as others have said, your contributions always seem, well, very seasoned. As though you'd been out for quite some time. So, congratulations and thank you for what you bring to the rest of us.

Bless the Lard, Sister! You rock! Continue to enjoy your FREEDOM! Glory!

Happy Anniversary, Free!  I never realized you were a such a recent de-convert.

Congrats And hugs FT!!

Wow, I also thought you had been deconverted a lot longer! It will also be a year for me mid-March. Happy Anniversary! You're pretty awesome FTNZ! :)

Aww, thanks everyone for your kind words.  Ex-c has been such a great place for me as I got used to my new way of life.  

I "sort of" left xianity twice  before, but not thoroughly... I stopped identifying as a xian but I still assumed there was a god out there somewhere, since I had been told that since birth.  It meant I was vulnerable to being sucked back in during weak moments, and I was, twice.  In the in between years I lived like an unbeliever so I had a bit of experience with that.  But what happened in March 2014 was a comprehensive I-don't-believe-in-gods moment, that I am sure I will not go back on.  

I'm so glad ex-c was here for me, and that it is here for everyone who comes here looking for support.