Goodbye Jesus

No Rainbows Before The Great Flood

Becks

I still have much to learn in terms of why so that's pretty good insight.

When you have some time on your hands sit down and read the last three chapters of the book of Judges.  

Read it all the way through in one sitting starting at Judges 19:1.  Pay very close attention to the phrase

"there was no king".  Also try to remember as you read it that these are suppose to be "God's chosen

people".

Just read those chapters. I thought God was supposed to be king and if so, he gave the okay to murder and rape other human beings? Beyond fucked up but okay then.

• 2 weeks later...

I think rainbows have been around since the beginning of time.

Rainbows have been a feature of our planet since before humans ever evolved from fish.

I'm mad that I still can't look at one without thinking about god.

Hey, Becks! Instead of being reminded of God, why not think about gays when you see a rainbow? They are more loving and real than God, and as an added bonus, they are fabulous!

• Like 2

I think rainbows have been around since the beginning of time.

Rainbows have been a feature of our planet since before humans ever evolved from fish.

I'm mad that I still can't look at one without thinking about god.

Hey, Becks! Instead of being reminded of God, why not think about gays when you see a rainbow? They are more loving and real than God, and as an added bonus, they are fabulous!

Great idea!! What a laugh I'll have at the irony. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Before flood, no rainbows  >>>>>>> Sons of gods,  marrying daughters of men  = guys marrying gals >>>>>>god angry >>>>>> sends flood to destroy earth

After SCOTUS decision, rainbows all over the US >>>>> guys marrying guys, gals marrying gals >>>>  therefore, god not angry, god happy jesus.gif god NOT destroy

I would be interested in where it states in the scriptures that a rainbow was given as a sign that the earth could not be completely submerged under water.

A bow is an arch, 

article-1201090-05C95EE9000005DC-234_964

Maybe there were just double rainbows before the flood...

double-rainbow1.jpg

I would be interested in where it states in the scriptures that a rainbow was given as a sign that the earth could not be completely submerged under water.

What kind of a Christian hasn't read the story of Noah's ark?

Genesis 9:8-17

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/9.html

It actually says God needs the rainbow as a reminder so that God won't forget.

A bow is an arch . . . 

The rainbow would form a full circle if the ground didn't get in the way.  This is how the light gets reflected

back to an observer.  You know, science.

Maybe there were just double rainbows before the flood...

There is no "before" for events that never happened.

• Like 3

Wow, Justus! Your comment wins the Darwin award!