Goodbye Jesus

Catheter Ablation

Ro-bear

Anyone here ever had one to fix a-fib?  I'm doing this tomorrow A.M. and I am a bit nervous.  I can't go on with the condition, though.  I have to do something because it is affecting my ability to do my job.

I haven't had this procedure but I'm sure the doctor will do their best for you.  It's a common procedure so the risks are probably very low.  Good luck!

I have had two Cardiac Ablations and the operation went fine both times.  I believe it is a fairly routine procedure.

My Atrial Fibrillation actually got worse after the first Ablation.  I ended up in the emergency room a couple of times when my heart was racing for no reason and wouldn't slow up.  After the second Ablation, I have not had a single episode of a-fib (that has been over two years ago).  Since that time, I have increased my exercise so that in addition to 4 hours of heavy cardio sports per week, I also run 5K twice a week.  I am probably in better cardio health than I have been my entire life and I have always been in fairly good health.  Except for one low dose aspirin per day, I'm not on any medication. 

I wouldn't hesitate to have the procedure done again if the a-fib returned.  Good luck!

Anyone here ever had one to fix a-fib?  I'm doing this tomorrow A.M. and I am a bit nervous.  I can't go on with the condition, though.  I have to do something because it is affecting my ability to do my job.

Almost had one done then cardiologist changed his other mind and said the ekg looked like it might be the other kind of arrythmia so decided to let my two heart meds handle it.

I rarely have symptoms though since starting medication.

• Like 1

All the best with ur op ro-bear.

The doc thinks it went well.  They sent me home yesterday.  My body hurts so bad I can hardly move.  I don't know why this procedure left me in such a state.  Maybe I don't do anesthesia well or something. They gave me the weak-ass hydros, not the good one I had for shingles a few years back.  But I was strong enough to shower today.

In a month I have a follow-up visit and maybe we'll start to see if it worked.  Doc says 70% chance.

Thanks to all for good wishes.

LongWayAround, your story is very encouraging, but I would so hate to go another round.  This has rendered me so incapacitated that I almost wish I had expired on the table.  How anyone can tolerate this pain I'll never know.  Still, if I'm running a 5K in a year it will be well worth it.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

I blame Obama.

Stay better Ro-Bear. Hate to hear serious parts require adjusting.

Oh, I blame Florduh!

kL

• Super Moderator

Please note he didn't say it was my fault, just that he blames me.

Glad to hear it went well.  You can always call or visit the doctor and ask for some different pain meds.  And if you have to have this or another procedure in future, press for better pain relief during and after the procedure.  Sometimes doctors don't know how sore we are.  Pain relief given during a procedure can be quite effective.  Good luck.

Oh dear! An old-timer has a heart attack or something like it, then our supermods get into a civil war. What's the world coming to???

At least Ro-Bear is on the mend and I'm so glad. Don't mind the boys and just concentrate on getting well.

• Like 1

Hope you are feeling better Ro-Bear and I hope the ablation was successful.