Goodbye Jesus

The Problem Of Christianity

Castiel233

Okay, assuming that Jesus and the Yahweh are one (setting aside the problem of Jesus praying to Himself), then all the murder , mayhem and wickedness committed in the OT was committed by Jesus. He , Himself, says in the NT, Me and my Father are one.........

So trying to distance oneself (if you are a Christian) from the barbarism of the OT, seems (to me at least) to be an impossible task. You accept it all, or reject it........

Given the very harmful doctrines in both Testaments, I submit that Christianity can really only cause insanity and misery. You must hate, what God hates......imagine being a gay Christian, the damage upon your mind, if you take your faith seriously , must be immense. You are gay, but god hates you, even thou  you love Him, He still hates you. The OT says you are to be put to death.  

Of course this self hatred is not just focussed on the gay community. Jesus says to hate your own family and even yourself and love only Him. Think , for a moment how sick this doctrine is. You are ordered, on pain of Hell, to love a being you cannot actually see, or hear and hate your own loved ones. So the fear of Hell, forces you to be at war with yourself, and understandably, Christianity causes deep rooted anxiety (have I displeased God), deep seated fear of death (am I going to Hell) and mental conflict, as believers are forced to square the supernatural with the natural world.

The true horror of the Christian faith, is , to me, not its truth or untruth, but the fact that it is unrelentingly evil. We can never ever please God, we are all sinners in His eyes, none are good, none, apart from Him, yet His behaviour, is entirely psychotic, from a human perspective. Aside from the flood and countless acts of genocide the Bible recounts, placing sentient creatures into a burning lake of fire, forever , purely on account of the theological views they held prior to death is sick, sick. The attempt to paint God as good , is doomed to fail.  A being that kills because His ego is hurt, is not good. Christians (fearful of Hell) force themselves to love a being, that, if He were , Human, they would run a mile from. The love of God is based overwhelmingly on fear, and a love based on fear is not love at all.    

The faithful, should give up selling God as good, and repackage  Him as evil and have done with it. That would , at least be more honest. 

• Like 3

Did you de-convert recently, within the last few months or years? Just wondering because you post a lot about what's wrong with Christianity. I used to feel the same way about it, mad and incredulous that people really believe that stuff, shortly after leaving the church.

Yes, you are right. I used to read the OT and it scared me how many awful things Jesus had done, if he was in fact God. Jesus was supposed to be, not soft, but kind and wise and accepting of others, totally unlike the biblegod, who was terrifying. I felt betrayed on reading the OT, to find out that Jesus (for the sake of argument, if he is god) was evil. Didn't want to think of him that way, but it was true. Sadly, Jesus still has a reputation as the peace-loving hippie who also loved the poor and meek. Lol. Only because they're his fanship.

When people hear about the hate committed in Christianity's name, they say "Would Jesus condone this?" They are just repeating what they have heard about him and don't really know what they are talking about.

Did you de-convert recently, within the last few months or years? Just wondering because you post a lot about what's wrong with Christianity. I used to feel the same way about it, mad and incredulous that people really believe that stuff, shortly after leaving the church.

Basically, through fear of Hell (and that was the only reason), I made a half hearted attempt to be a Christian, but it was very half hearted. So technically, I was never a full Christian to begin with to de-convert. I consider Christianity to be evil, and it is little wonder that  drives good and loving people to despair.

The idea that we commit a crime against God and are deserving of Hell, purely for being born is sheer nastiness. Even Islam (of which I am not a fan) does not condemn you for being born. Nothing in the world is a base , low, wicked and cruel as the Christian faith, nothing. The fact that Jesus is portrayed as gentle and mild is a fucking joke. He came only for the Jews and called us (the gentiles)  dogs. Yet over fed westerners gulp down the cool aid that He loves us and weeps when He *has* to send us to Hell.

Jesus was a moral monster, not content to just speak in riddles (so that humans could not understand Him), He would run and hide as soon as a Roman Guard looked like he was going to pull out his badge and arrest Him.

Guest immoralchristian

Okay, assuming that Jesus and the Yahweh are one (setting aside the problem of Jesus praying to Himself), then all the murder , mayhem and wickedness committed in the OT was committed by Jesus. He , Himself, says in the NT, Me and my Father are one.........

So trying to distance oneself (if you are a Christian) from the barbarism of the OT, seems (to me at least) to be an impossible task. You accept it all, or reject it........

Given the very harmful doctrines in both Testaments, I submit that Christianity can really only cause insanity and misery. You must hate, what God hates......imagine being a gay Christian, the damage upon your mind, if you take your faith seriously , must be immense. You are gay, but god hates you, even thou  you love Him, He still hates you. The OT says you are to be put to death.  

Of course this self hatred is not just focussed on the gay community. Jesus says to hate your own family and even yourself and love only Him. Think , for a moment how sick this doctrine is. You are ordered, on pain of Hell, to love a being you cannot actually see, or hear and hate your own loved ones. So the fear of Hell, forces you to be at war with yourself, and understandably, Christianity causes deep rooted anxiety (have I displeased God), deep seated fear of death (am I going to Hell) and mental conflict, as believers are forced to square the supernatural with the natural world.

The true horror of the Christian faith, is , to me, not its truth or untruth, but the fact that it is unrelentingly evil. We can never ever please God, we are all sinners in His eyes, none are good, none, apart from Him, yet His behaviour, is entirely psychotic, from a human perspective. Aside from the flood and countless acts of genocide the Bible recounts, placing sentient creatures into a burning lake of fire, forever , purely on account of the theological views they held prior to death is sick, sick. The attempt to paint God as good , is doomed to fail.  A being that kills because His ego is hurt, is not good. Christians (fearful of Hell) force themselves to love a being, that, if He were , Human, they would run a mile from. The love of God is based overwhelmingly on fear, and a love based on fear is not love at all.    

The faithful, should give up selling God as good, and repackage  Him as evil and have done with it. That would , at least be more honest. 

This may sound tarded but I hate my whole family completely, but I only hate what they want not what they can desire.

This may sound tarded but I hate my whole family completely, but I only hate what they want not what they can desire.

Ah, but do you hate yourself and have you given up all your worldly goods as The Lord commanded 

Most Christians seem to ignore the contradictory message of love and hate that the Bible gives. On one hand put all unbelievers to the sword but remember to turn the other cheek, kill an old man for working on Sunday but god is love and mercy, kill witches/disobedient children/other religions but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Make up your mind god!

• Like 1