Goodbye Jesus

The Fear Of Hell

Castiel233

This is all Christianity really has to drive it. 

No one wakes  up and thinks, I am going to dedicate my life to this book, as I "100 percent" believe that serpents talk, or a dude once lived inside a whale. No one says, I became a Christian , as I totally brought into the idea that walls crumbled when a trumpet was played....

Its all hell fire, when it comes to Christianity. People are scared of what Jesus will do to them after they die, so they pretend to love Him, and I suspect , it is nearly always a pretend love, based purely on fear. The essence of the faith is this:

1- God creates Adam and Eve as puppets to tell Him how fabulous He is

2- Under the influence of the serpent, Eve compels Adam to join her in rebellion

3-A ton of weird shit and nasty laws are introduced

4- Jesus is born, does very little for the first 30 years of His life

5- Spends around 36 months or so, preaching, promising and threatening.

6- Gets nailed up, naps, comes back to life, floats away on a cloud, appears now and then on toast and crumpets 

7- Humans take His nasty threats very seriously and kill the shit out of each other to force conformity   

• Like 1

I have no idea what the malfunctioning mobile phone of an authentic true believer has to do with this.

Anyhow, Castiel, what you say is pretty well true of the evangelical "you must be saved" style believers, methinks.  However, it seems to me the liberal wing of the religion may well be more to do with social habit.  Of course, they don't 100% believe the shite either...

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

-Ephesians 2:8-9-

How does this square with your assertion that you have saved yourself, IC?

• Super Moderator

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

-Ephesians 2:8-9-

How does this square with your assertion that you have saved yourself, IC?

It's a partnership, life teaches me how to use the key it gave me to free myself. But I have to use it.

We're seeing the birth of yet another illogical and unsupported religion! Maybe we all should try it. Just make up something sounds religious or vaguely spiritual. It helps if you maintain some tenuous link or reference to a more established religion. Write a book, do a YouTube and apply for your tax exemption!!!

Well, it's certainly an approach that would call into question your "christian" status amongst all those believers I know...