Goodbye Jesus

Roller Coaster Abortion

Scottsman

Has anybody heard of this. When i was in fundy high school a teacher told us that he knew of elders in the church who had pregnant teens. Their solution was to take their daughter and her friends to 6 flags and ride the most intense coasters. Problem solved, clean conscience. The teacher was condemning it, but I cant help but wonder if he was actually teaching it as a loophole. After all, you arent getting an abortion, you are riding a roller coaster.

Has anyone else heard of this phenomenon in christian circles?

when I think of how much grief and sorrow would be avoided if they would simply ditch abstinence/chastity teachings, and allow kids to know what contraception is and how to use it.

But I've never heard of roller coasters as a loophole. Falling down the stairs or riding horses hard used to be how women induced miscarriages back in the day

I remember a mom made her daughter move a lot of heavy furniture to try to induce an abortion back when I was in high school.  I have no idea if they were xians.  I have no memory of the outcome, but I bet by the time the baby was born, that teenage mom was extremely strong!

Good education on contraception and easy access to it is much more reliable.  A sensible, unembarrassed, common-sense approach to talking about sex, love, lust, and contraception is vital.