Goodbye Jesus

Teenage Girl Admits Making Up Migrant Rape Claim That Outraged Germany

Fweethawt

Doesn't matter. Similar shit is happening regardless.

Over 1 million migrants entered Europe last year and reports now say 10,000 children are unaccounted for. While that doesn't mean all of them are missing, some most certainly are. And I think it's more than probable that some are being exploited. "Europol said the names of some suspected migrant smugglers are also appearing in the agency's human trafficking database..." (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/world/europe-missing-migrant-children/)

While this doesn't create a pass for the story in the o.p., the problem remains.

Let me clarify myself: of course it's problematic that people make shit up in order to incite ethnic hatred. That doesn't mean things like does not that happen, and that it's all an evil myth created by evil neo-nazis. And yes, I fear the consequences might be of the "cry wolf" variety.

She cheapens the claims of real assault victims if she made fake claim. She damages those rape victims by taking their voice away.

• Like 5

But it gets harder to take seriously with crap like this.

• Like 2

But it gets harder to take seriously with crap like this.

Agreed, hence my clarification.

• Super Moderator

The liberals got to her. zDuivel7.gif

Over 1 million migrants entered Europe last year and reports now say 10,000 migrant children are unaccounted for. While that doesn't mean all of them are missing, some most certainly are...

For all I heard (from my German sources), you left out an important word. I added it for your convenience.

Kind of changes the message quite a bit no?

Just because she says that the description of the rape was not true, doesn't mean that the rape didn't happen.  There are explanations for a victim's recantation, and without understanding those explanations, the public will likely apply their own rape myths to the recantation.   Inconsistent statements, recantation, and delayed reporting are common victim behaviors.  Rape Trauma Syndrome can manifest itself in these counterintuitive behaviors.  

The girl’s relatives revealed that her allegations were not even being investigated.  It's no wonder that she was reluctant to continue to press on with her account of what happened to her.  It's pretty typical for allegations like this to be swept under the rug, and for a trained interrogator to bully her into withdrawing her words.  Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported.

• Like 1

Yes that is a possible explanation.

However...

...The Man over here (pretty much everyone except Merkel, or so they say at least) is absolutely hot for whipping up an anti-refugee frenzy. Police willingly play along. Methinks there's lots of reasons why, if police had tried to manipulate the alleged victim, they'd have pressed her to tell an even more horrible story, not the other way round.

Just my 2 cents after witnessing hate propaganga for weeks and pulling my hair out (until I shaved my head last weekend). :scratch:

• Like 2

Just because she says that the description of the rape was not true, doesn't mean that the rape didn't happen. There are explanations for a victim's recantation, and without understanding those explanations, the public will likely apply their own rape myths to the recantation. Inconsistent statements, recantation, and delayed reporting are common victim behaviors. Rape Trauma Syndrome can manifest itself in these counterintuitive behaviors.

The girl’s relatives revealed that her allegations were not even being investigated. It's no wonder that she was reluctant to continue to press on with her account of what happened to her. It's pretty typical for allegations like this to be swept under the rug, and for a trained interrogator to bully her into withdrawing her words. Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported.

^^^ This, thumbs up.

Maybe, just maybe, confirmation bias got the best of some of ya? We're all human and vulnerable. 

Over 1 million migrants entered Europe last year and reports now say 10,000 migrant children are unaccounted for. While that doesn't mean all of them are missing, some most certainly are...

For all I heard (from my German sources), you left out an important word. I added it for your convenience.

Kind of changes the message quite a bit no?

Thanks for the edit. As a former journalist I shouldn't have made that mistake.

Actually I now have another thing to correct in your original statement older... at least according to the most reliable nonmainstream media I have available. Seems like the number of missing migrant kids is more like 5,000.

I guess that's just another case of "who cares whether it's true, it's good clickbait!!!" in whatever source you had for it. :vent:

However...

...The Man over here (pretty much everyone except Merkel, or so they say at least) is absolutely hot for whipping up an anti-refugee frenzy. Police willingly play along. Methinks there's lots of reasons why, if police had tried to manipulate the alleged victim, they'd have pressed her to tell an even more horrible story, not the other way round.

Just my 2 cents after witnessing hate propaganga for weeks and pulling my hair out (until I shaved my head last weekend). silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

If the situation in Germany is even close to the one in Sweden, which I think it is, I'd say it's hard to "whip" it up any more. Sure, nazis will try, and may succeed, but that's what they've always done. Point is, the general populace, all across Europe, are getting pretty fed up, and that has got little to do with any nazi propaganda or any inherent racist trait in the European "Volksseele", but a great deal to do with the fact that the situation has long since become untenable. A lot of immigrant communities seem to realize this as well, and are siding with the nationalists. Iranians or Syriacs who left backwards tribal cultures and Islamic repression aren't exactly stoked to see what they fled from gain a foothold in Europe, for instance.

In the end, our incompetent corrupt politcians, cheered on by the media, are to blame. They created this situation, but will they take any responsibility for it? Don't think so.

In the end, our incompetent corrupt politcians, cheered on by the media, are to blame. They created this situation, but will they take any responsibility for it? Don't think so.

Why would they? They don't have to.

Their owners have made sure (mostly) that there is no political/ideological alternative. What alternative groups exist are clobbered by the corrupt media until they are hopelessly lost.

What's the worst that can happen to them? Their right-wing party is voted out of power in favor of another right-wing party. In either case, their income (from their owners in the bankster and industry sectors) is still guaranteed.

As for the refugee situation...

...the best thing to do, of course, would be to fucking stop selling weapons to crisis nations and push them to go to war. As has been said more than once, we export weapons (intentionally) and now import refugees (unwanted). If that fails / until that's possible, we could get the situation under control without too much difficulty if the money needed for it would be taken from the very same rich assholes who made a killing (ha ha) by making and selling the war toys used in the refugees' homelands.

Imagine that. A government that actually operates to the benefit of the common people sucking the bloodstained money out of the rich assholes' pockets to repair the damage they did.

Almost too good to be true no? Maybe it is. But then... maybe not. Depends on how much longer the common people let themselves be fooled.

• Like 1

However...

Just my 2 cents after witnessing hate propaganga for weeks and pulling my hair out (until I shaved my head last weekend). silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

If the situation in Germany is even close to the one in Sweden, which I think it is, I'd say it's hard to "whip" it up any more. Sure, nazis will try, and may succeed, but that's what they've always done. Point is, the general populace, all across Europe, are getting pretty fed up, and that has got little to do with any nazi propaganda or any inherent racist trait in the European "Volksseele", but a great deal to do with the fact that the situation has long since become untenable. A lot of immigrant communities seem to realize this as well, and are siding with the nationalists. Iranians or Syriacs who left backwards tribal cultures and Islamic repression aren't exactly stoked to see what they fled from gain a foothold in Europe, for instance.

Maybe Europe can stop siding with the US, Turkey and the Saudis and Germany will stop selling guns to rebel groups in the ME creating all these waves of immigration. I realize the people are feeling the brunt of the positions taken by their political leaders, but maybe, just maybe they can put the fear of god into their leaders. 

Actually I now have another thing to correct in your original statement older... at least according to the most reliable nonmainstream media I have available. Seems like the number of missing migrant kids is more like 5,000.

I guess that's just another case of "who cares whether it's true, it's good clickbait!!!" in whatever source you had for it. vent.gif

Actually, the source is Europol, the law enfrocement agency of the EU. Their statement says that not all of these kids may be in danger, but that Europol just doesn't know where they are.

(http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/30/fears-for-missing-child-refugees)

But regardless of the number, one kid missing is one too many.

I guess that's just another case of "who cares whether it's true, it's good clickbait!!!" in whatever source you had for it. vent.gif

Actually, the source is Europol, the law enfrocement agency of the EU. Their statement says that not all of these kids may be in danger, but that Europol just doesn't know where they are.

(http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/30/fears-for-missing-child-refugees)

But regardless of the number, one kid missing is one too many.

When I lived in Italy, I'd see tons of kids (probably 8-12yo) selling toiletries such as packs of kleenex, to drivers stopped at intersections. I saw a documentary on it a while back, which claimed they were largely living in horrible conditions and were under threat of no dinner and beatings if they didn't return at the end of the day with a certain amount of money. Back then, the kids were mostly from Albania and Morocco. Guess they're now also from Syria. 

There were an outrageous amount of prostitutes too. On the highway outside of Torino, they are staggered every hundred meters or so. And in town, they stand on the streets by the hundreds. We used to jokingly give directions based on the prostitutes: "Go straight down Corso V. Emanuele until you get to the prostitute with the tall red boots, turn left and walk until you get to the fat old prostitute with a missing front tooth...

This kind of stuff touches me personally. My daughter adopted three girls from another country where the culture is quite different from ours. Without going into detail, suffice to say that, due to their personal circumstances, they absolutely would have ended up being prostituted. The thought of that is almost painful. When I look into their sweet faces and think about what could have become of them, I just want to hug them — which I do.