Goodbye Jesus

Lucifer Will Be Unvailed At The Next Grammy Awards

SerenelyBlue

Holy Crap! Listen to the sage interpretations of this woman. It is literally unbelievable! :). Cults do this. Don't tell me Christianity is not a cult.

Vigilant Citizen do a lot of similar things. The tinfoil hat in me actually gets a bit bugged out by stuff like this, but I try to remain rational. That mainstream music has become more and more decadent isn't a lie though. Good I've always steered clear of that mindless crap.

EDIT: A lot of focus on CERN/LHC right now in tinfoil-land. On the 23rd of September, the Autumnal Equinox, they were supposed to open the Gates to Hell or some such nonsense. Went that prediction failed, it was going to be during the Blood Moons. Well, we're still here, aren't we?

Along with the stupid fundy nutcase off-the-wall-isms, suspect prophecies and fringe doctrines, one thing I used to get wound up on was the tinfoil hat conspiracy crap. (Some of which overlaps with the other stuff, of course.) Apparently every bit of symbolism (or thing that could be interpreted as such) in a music video was something occult or to do with MK-ULTRA/Monarch mind control stuff. Not simply, you know, performance art. Now, I hate most commerical pop music as much as many (with notable exemptions) but it does get very silly.

Nowhere in the Bible is Satan called Lucifer.

• Super Moderator

Yeah, I wonder how lucifer, a latin word, got into a hebrew bible. 

There ya go again...thinkin', wonderin', askin' questions.   Not surprising you're an Ex-C'er!!!!   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Remember when KISS first came out and the fundy's got all twisted up about their face paint and said that KISS stood for "Kids in Satan's Service"

Nowhere in the Bible is Satan called Lucifer.

Yeah, I wonder how lucifer, a latin word, got into a hebrew bible. 

It's a reference to the Morningstar isn't it? AFAIK, it appears twice; first as a reference to a Babylonian Monarch, and then to none other than Jesus himself. The former is the one that got associated with evil. I think Lucifer was a Roman mythological character similar to Prometheus,  as being one who brought knowledge to mankind. If the snake in the Garden of Eden is indeed Satan, there's definitely a connection.

It's a reference to the Morningstar isn't it? AFAIK, it appears twice; first as a reference to a Babylonian Monarch, and then to none other than Jesus himself. The former is the one that got associated with evil. I think Lucifer was a Roman mythological character similar to Prometheus,  as being one who brought knowledge to mankind. If the snake in the Garden of Eden is indeed Satan, there's definitely a connection.

It is a reference to the morning star but not to Prometheus.  The Greek equivalent is Phosphorus who brought about the dawn or the light of day as I recall (he had his counterpart that brought about the evening which they eventually realized were the same star but kept the mythologies separate).  For some reason I want to say the Latin Lucifer relates to the moon as well as the morning star and perhaps the bringing on of dawn but I'm really not certain.  I'm too lazy to check.

mwc

Remember when KISS first came out and the fundy's got all twisted up about their face paint and said that KISS stood for "Kids in Satan's Service"

And with Alice Cooper singing about dead babies and necrophilia, pretty much anything that follows today amounts to a deescalation.  

Here is the all-knowing blurb from Wikipedia:

Lucifer is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah 14:12. This word, transliterated hêlêl or heylel, occurs once in the Hebrew Bible and according to the KJV based Strong's Concordance means "shining one, light bearer". The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρος (heōsphoros), a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star. The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate, which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer, meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".

Years ago, when reading "the morning stars sang together" in Job, I got the feeling that Hebrews may have seen stars as angels, and planets like Venus as special angels. This is why people of old may have had no issue with a "star" guiding wise men to a house.

• Like 1

So... did Lucifer appear?

I want to know too!

These christian conspiracy theorist people need to get a hobby LOL

Of course.  The end is nigh.

I'm sure this will be in all the headlines after they cover the red carpet, the clothing, the big winners (and losers) and after party news.

mwc

These christian conspiracy theorist people need to get a hobby LOL

They do! It's called "sitting around in a sanctuary or fellowship hall and guessing/taking out of context certain passages of the bible and creating conspiracy theories, praying that they are right"!