Goodbye Jesus

The Circular Reasoning Of Christian Fundamentalists, A Special Post

SkepticalDaniel

This is an essay from debunkingskeptics.com that I would like to share. I hope you enjoy it!

Christians may be shocked to know this: If you are a true loyal Christian, according to the Bible, then you are 100 percent pro-tyranny and anti-freedom. This is easily provable from the Bible itself. Face it. What you Christians are in denial about, is that clearly, the God depicted in your Bible is an evil tyrant who kills anyone who disobeys him, often for trivial reasons, and places ZERO value on freedom, freethought and rationality. His law demands 100 percent obedience and subservience, threatening death and damnation as a consequence for even one noncompliance, which is insane. That is crystal clear. NOTHING in the Bible supports human freedom, free choice, or liberty at all! Period.

Christianity and Fascism share the following core attributes:

a) You must obey or be punished.
cool.png No independent thoughts or free speech. Only conformity is allowed.
c) Your ruler is to be feared, for fear keeps you obedient to authority.
d) The use of fear and guilt as psychological control mechanisms.
e) The view that the individual is weak and powerless, and his/her life is without purpose unless aligned to serve a "higher power" or "collective
." (e.g. God, state or dictator).

What this means is that you cannot be a devout Christian and believe in freedom or free choice at the same time. And if you do, then you are a hypocrite. Your religious doctrines and Bible clearly declare that anything less than complete obedience and subservience to God's will is sin and deserves nothing less than death and damnation, according to God's law. To do what you want rather than submit to God's will is seen as rebellion and sin against God. The Bible is clear on this. What this means that by being a Christian, you stand for ABSOLUTE TYRANNY, the murder of anyone who disobeys, and are totally AGAINST freedom, free choice, liberty, freethinking and reason. You can deny that all you want, but the fact is the fact.

Throughout the Bible, one simple message is consistent: OBEY GOD OR DIE! And in the New Testament, this has been modified as: Believe or be eternally damned!   

< snipped >

The lesson we can learn from that is that we need to look within ourselves, for that's where the answers lie. Religion is like fast food theology. But truth is not like fast food. You cannot get truth from a convenient package or book. It requires a lifelong process of searching, going through layers and layers - for once you discover a glimpse of a certain truth, there are more layers beyond it.

The choice is yours - Either think for yourself, or let someone else do the thinking for you.

SOURCE: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/DebunkingChristians/Page31.htm

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Excellent article.

I'm not sure if it was absolutely necessary, but I snipped the article some, just to be on the safe side with all the Digital Millennium Copyright Act hoopla.   

Thanks for bringing the article to our attention, SD.

I can do without the incessant hyperbole in the article, which waters down the actual issue being discussed.

I wonder how the Americans justified their Revolution against the British. One understands that Bible God would accept only one version of earthly Government, and that only on sufferance, and that was to be a Kingdom. If he himself wasn't to run a theocracy (as allegedly he'd done for Israel during the exodus), it had to be run by his anointed. Therefore to revolt against the Lord's Anointed was to revolt against the lord himself. Else why was it written, "Fear God and honour the King?" Perhaps Americans subconsciously sense this, because they add to their hypocrisy by suppressing revolutions anywhere they occur in the world.

Casey

• Like 1