Goodbye Jesus

Only You Can Put Out The God Fire

Sybaris

I work at a Government facility

In my building there is a breakroom with a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator etc.. and tables to sit at and eat.

Co-workers usually bring in vegetables from their gardens, doughnuts, cookies, magazines whatever and just leave them on the tables for people to grab

This morning when I went in the breakroom to get some coffee there was a pile of business cards on a table and upon closer inspection they were actually advertisements from a local church for that stupid Trail of Blood thing that depicts the alleged life events of that Jebus man.

They weren't there very long..............how convenient the breakroom is being next to the shredder room.

Hmm. I suspect that someone had to test the shredder to make sure it was still working properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to assume it was for a Baptist church.

Not only is "Trail Of Blood" probably some stupid "passion play" thing about the trial and death of Jesus (I haven't bothered to look into that)

but the TOB is the term for what fundamental Baptists say is the unbroken line of teaching and church government from Jesus and his gang

all the way to today's churches.

These people actually insist, despite massive historical proof, not just evidence, to the contrary, that THEY are the ones who are the "true church" that has existed throughout

history, and not the so-called Catholic church. Many apologists for this stupidity actually claim that aberrant "heretical" groups which rejected the authority of Rome were actually

proto-Baptists. The problem, of course, is that some of the groups which must necessarily have been proto-Baptist in order for the Trail to be legitimate were groups that taught things

like reincarnation and "salvation" through physical torture and mortification.

There are always two ways in which Christard churches try to justify their existence (and thus, your membership and your donations); they are either the REALLY, REALLY TRUE Christians and everyone else got it wrong years ago AFTER US, or they're the real Christians now because everyone was getting it wrong BEFORE now, and they're here to return us all to a "TRULY BIBLICAL" model of church life and governance.

I'll yawn and then I'll puke, or the reverse. I can't be bothered to decide.

Not only is "Trail Of Blood" probably some stupid "passion play" thing about the trial and death of Jesus (I haven't bothered to look into that)

but the TOB is the term for what fundamental Baptists say is the unbroken line of teaching and church government from Jesus and his gang

These people actually insist, despite massive historical proof, not just evidence, to the contrary, that THEY are the ones who are the "true church" that has existed throughout

history, and not the so-called Catholic church. Many apologists for this stupidity actually claim that aberrant "heretical" groups which rejected the authority of Rome were actually

proto-Baptists. The problem, of course, is that some of the groups which must necessarily have been proto-Baptist in order for the Trail to be legitimate were groups that taught things

There are always two ways in which Christard churches try to justify their existence (and thus, your membership and your donations); they are either the REALLY, REALLY TRUE Christians and everyone else got it wrong years ago AFTER US, or they're the real Christians now because everyone was getting it wrong BEFORE now, and they're here to return us all to a "TRULY BIBLICAL" model of church life and governance.

The Baptists are the only true church? Ha! Ridiculous! Utter poppycock!  I know for a dadgummit fact that the only true church is the "Churches of Christ" -- as a matter of fact, that should be pretty stinkin' obvious to anyone with half a brain. Got drilled into mine from early childhood, anyway....

• Like 1

The Baptists are the only true church? Ha! Ridiculous! Utter poppycock!  I know for a dadgummit fact that the only true church is the "Churches of Christ" -- as a matter of fact, that should be pretty stinkin' obvious to anyone with half a brain. Got drilled into mine from early childhood, anyway....

No No No The Seventh Day Adventists are the true church. They have proven this by worshipping god on saturday and not sunday. See, this is where all the other 41,000 denominations got it wrong! 

No wait...I take that back. Its the Jehovah Witnesses who have it right. After all, they stand outside public transit stations with a huge sign that reads: "What does the bible really teach?" See, this proves that they do know what it really has to say and only they have figured out the real truth!

No wait...tongue.png

^^^ We get the JW's with their stands and signs in my country, too. I've wanted to go to one and talk about biblical genocide and whatever, but so far I've resisted.

Tracts!

Those frigg'n tracts!

My wife places those f'ing things all over town. Some even looks like cash in verious denominations. If you have to trick someone into reading your shit then it's probably not only not worth readinb but out and out fraud.

She puts those god-damned things in the kids trick-or-treat bags/baskets too. THAT should be illegal!

I sit there on the front porch - glass in had - and cringe watching this go on.

I mentioned once that there mght be some liability in that and she responded in such a manor that made me feel low enough to walk under a rattlesnake while wearing a top-hat!

These god-damned xitans and there F'ing arrogant F'up up attitudes that they have complete and utter domain over the lives of everyone on Earth. F' them!!!!!  madhopA.gif

OK.

I feel better now.

Thanx.

Tracts!

Those frigg'n tracts!

My wife places those f'ing things all over town. Some even looks like cash in verious denominations. If you have to trick someone into reading your shit then it's probably not only not worth readinb but out and out fraud.

She puts those god-damned things in the kids trick-or-treat bags/baskets too. THAT should be illegal!

I sit there on the front porch - glass in had - and cringe watching this go on.

I mentioned once that there mght be some liability in that and she responded in such a manor that made me feel low enough to walk under a rattlesnake while wearing a top-hat!

These god-damned xitans and there F'ing arrogant F'up up attitudes that they have complete and utter domain over the lives of everyone on Earth. F' them!!!!!  madhopA.gif

MOHO I hope you had a strong drink in that glass; or, at least some red wine.

Tracts, huh?

I'd bet good money that Ezekiel 23 : 17 - 21 is never used by any church, anywhere.

wink.png

So bake up some cookies with devil faces in the icing and add them to the kiddies' bags as they leave.