Goodbye Jesus

The Virgin Birth Prophesy Refuted....

LogicalFallacy

... by a Jew. He explains, as most of us will be aware, just why Isaiah 7:14 is not a prophesy that relates to Jesus, or even a virgin birth. What is interesting is that he is Jewish in a religious sense... which means he hasn't applied the same criticisms to his own religion by looking closely at its texts.

But what if he's part of the Synagogue of the Devil that the Bible warned us about? :o

If the devil is true how do you know that the bible isn't his handiwork? The dude is super crafty you know. You can't really know what is true with the devil going around deceiving people.

Ooohhh wait you have a revelation.. sorry my bad tongue.png

This is another example of quote mining out of context to try and make claims that were never Jewish to begin with. The Jews never bought into it....

Bless the Lard, Brother! Thanks for posting this! Glory!

This is another example of quote mining out of context to try and make claims that were never Jewish to begin with. The Jews never bought into it....

I think my favorite example of this is the one associated with the fictional "Herod's Slaughter of the Innocents" in Matthew 2:16 referencing Jeremiah 31. In Jeremiah she weeps for her KIDNAPPED children, but then stops weeping because they return home. Nothing at all about a slaughter.

• Like 1

And no historical record of any such mass slaughter. Knowing that it's an out of context quote mine of Jeremiah 31 makes a lot of sense out of the lack of historical record on the matter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/history/herod.shtml

The massacre of the innocents

If the soothsayers of the time were correct, the birth of a new King of the Jews was imminent and threatened Herod's position. In the massacre of newborn babies of Bethlehem found in the Nativity story, King Herod is portrayed as a tyrant prepared to kill infants who could eventually challenge him.

However, the historical evidence for the event is only Biblical and in fact only one verse in Matthew mentions it. The event is notably absent from the other gospels.

ffdb9c7bf516824b72398b9a87c478d4065f7fbbMatthew 2:16 tells the story ©

It seems difficult to imagine such a massacre was not mentioned by Josephus, a first-century historian who described other events in Herod's life. One could be a sceptical of Matthew's account of a massacre of infants.

• Like 1