Goodbye Jesus

Third gravitational wave detection gives hints on dark matter and black holes

Fweethawt

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jun/01/third-gravitational-wave-detection-gives-hints-on-dark-matter-and-black-holes

Ripples in the fabric of spacetime triggered by the cataclysmic merger of two black holes more than 3bn years ago have been detected by physicists.

The observations mark the third occasion that scientists have spotted gravitational waves – the compression and stretching of space itself ...

This is the news article of the topic BAA posted:

So this confirms black holes are a thing? I read somewhere that some scientist doubted they existed as they were theoretical.

This is the news article of the topic BAA posted:

So this confirms black holes are a thing? I read somewhere that some scientist doubted they existed as they were theoretical.

There is little doubt that something like black holes exist. The question is simply whether these entities are so-called singularities according to Einstein's General Theory of relativity, or instead another type of entity also very small but of a finite size. Those that propose a different model than a singularity often prefer a different name for these entities so as not to confuse them with General Relativity or its predictions. 

There are others like myself that do not mind the use of the name or wording "black hole" concerning alternative models of them as long as their different characteristics are described if such distinctions are needed in the context of any related discussion. Gravity waves probably are related to black holes but do not necessarily prove any particular model of them, other than their smallness, according to many of most alternative theorists, and my understandings of their related comments concerning gravity waves.

Throwing dark matter into gravity waves theory is no better or different than proposing aether as the carrier of gravity waves. Generally all known aether theories predict gravity waves. This is because vibrations of very massive dense bodies within a fluid or gas medium will produce waves as would be produced by back holes vibrating within a fluid-like background field such as an aether of some kind, a background field of HIgg's particles, gravitons, dark matter, a Zero-Point -Field at galactic scales, etc.