Goodbye Jesus

Wonder Woman -- They did it right!

Fweethawt

Wanna see an excellent Super Heroine movie? Go see Wonder Woman! 

They actually made a movie about a strong, courageous and able woman without stuffing a bullshit agenda down your throat. The movie was good from beginning to end. She is absolutely beautiful. The action scenes are outstanding. And the story is just all-around good. It's worth watching for sure.

And I cannot think of another actress that could have played that part as well as Gal Gadot. She is absolutely outstanding in that role.

In my opinion, this is the best DC movie that has been put out to date. And that's saying a lot considering how I felt about the Dark Knight.

• Like 3

Cool! I've been hearing good things about it.

I am of two minds concerning the Wonder Woman movie (saw it Saturday). The stuff about it that's done well is not just good, but it's incredible and perhaps some of the best things in any superhero movie. But the parts that are bad (namely: the cartoon villains and the CG slop at the end with its Gods of Egypt style battle) are not just bad, they are atrocious. I really enjoyed the first...hour and 45 minutes of the movie. If they had made it a movie strictly about Diana becoming disillusioned by the war, and not put in all those stupid villains, it would have been a much stronger movie.

Because everything with her home world, Gal Gadot's performance, her interactions with Chris Pine and his team, etc., I could've watched a four hour movie of just that stuff.

Lemme guess: A villain wants to destroy the world and almost destroys WW after he/she uncovers her weakness, but after an epic battle with massive amounts of FX, good prevails over evil. 

You know, original. :) 

Maybe I should have written *spoiler alert!*

^^^you're only correct about the special effects. 

^^^you're only correct about the special effects. 

No good v evil? No epic battle? I think you're kidding me kidder. 

No good v evil? No epic battle? I think you're kidding me kidder. 

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

There was an epic battle. But the villain didn't want to destroy the world or Wonder Woman (initially). And nothing centered on finding her weakness. It was about her finding her strength.

So no, I wasn't kidding. :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The lead actress was good and I liked the period elements, although the action scenes got dull and there wasn't an interesting villain, as in most superhero movies these days. 

• Super Moderator

I saw it last week and really enjoyed it.  Best movie I've seen in quite a while and by far the best superhero-type movie.  

I saw the movie and it definitely exceeded my expectations for a WW film. Definitely as good as Man of Steel or the Dark Knight, so if you saw those movies and liked them you'll probably like this one as well.

I did, however, have some issues with the near-end of the film, mostly having to do with the final climactic battle between WW and Ares, the God of War. If you haven't seen the movie yet, SPOILERS AHEAD! You have been warned...

So, after WW corners and kills Ludendorff (who she believes to be Ares in disguise), she is dismayed to find that the humans keep fighting World War I, even without 'Ares' around to incite them against each other. Steve, however, knows about human nature, and gently suggests that mankind is more flawed than Diana originally believed, capable of great evil and violence as well as great good and beauty. As Diana struggles to come to terms with this terrible revelation, the real Ares appears.

Now, I knew that from a movie perspective, there had to be a climactic final battle between Diana and Ares, or else everyone would have left the theater disappointed. From Ares' perspective, however, I fail to see how revealing himself to Diana accomplished anything. Think about it–all this time Ares has remained hidden, while successfully persuading the countries of the world to fight and occasionally inspiring their scientists with newer, deadlier weaponry to boost the body count. Without Diana's interference, mankind could well be on the road to extinction. The ONE weapon that can kill Ares (Diana herself) believes the God of War is dead, and is prepared to return home to Themiscyra bearing news of humanity's corruption. The Amazons will give mankind up as a lost cause and remain in their safe haven, leaving Ares to finish off the humans without anyone to stand in his way. Although I loved the twist that a god of war would masquerade as an man of peace, there was really no reason for Ares to show himself at any time while Diana was nearby, much less willingly inform her that she is the God-killer who can single-handedly put a stop to his plans. For someone who has thus far manipulated things perfectly from the shadows, the filmmakers' decision to 'out' Ares just felt wrong somehow.

With all that said, I still liked this movie. As a little extra incentive for all the ex-Xtians out there, the film did a wonderful job of showing how humanity can be both good and bad, all without the influence of 'the gods' (or God).

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.