started flooding on the 26th.

Now look up Luke 21:25-26:

And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon and stars. And
here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by  the
roaring seas and strange tides. People will be terrified at what
they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens
will be shaken."

Meh

The eclipse, Harvey and the flooding only happened on the 21st, 25th and 26th if you use one particular type of calendar.

Here...

https://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/

...play around with different calendars, see how those dates come out and then see what Bible verses you can match up to the numbers.

Enjoy!

8 minutes ago, bornagainathiest said:

The eclipse, Harvey and the flooding only happened on the 21st, 25th and 26th if you use one particular type of calendar.

Here...

https://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/

...play around with different calendars, see how those dates come out and then see what Bible verses you can match up to the numbers.

Enjoy!

Thanks, BAA. :)

I was wondering why an eclipse predicted by science would be considered a 'strange sign' ?

Nations are always in turmoil.

And hurricanes occur every year off the gulf coast. It's kinda seasonal.

Like you said, those dates would be different for different calendars being used....

Chapter and verse numbers were added to the bible manuscripts later on .... nor do they represent dates. :)

The eclipse occurred on a specific date and time...but I don't believe Harvey whipped himself into existence from nothing on the 25th....It looks like he started gathering steam on the 17th ... and made landfall on the 25th and hung around till maybe the 28th.

Doesn't the bible itself caution against numerology and divination/fortune telling?

17 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Thanks, BAA. :)

I was wondering why an eclipse predicted by science would be considered a 'strange sign' ?

Nations are always in turmoil.

And hurricanes occur every year off the gulf coast. It's kinda seasonal.

Like you said, those dates would be different for different calendars being used....

Chapter and verse numbers were added to the bible manuscripts later on .... nor do they represent dates. :)

The eclipse occurred on a specific date and time...but I don't believe Harvey whipped himself into existence from nothing on the 25th....It looks like he started gathering steam on the 17th ... and made landfall on the 25th and hung around till maybe the 28th.

Doesn't the bible itself caution against numerology and divination/fortune telling?

Try tell that to Harold Camping.

Oh, wait...

"Daniel 9 predicts the EXACT date of Jesus death"

So was said to me by a Christian.

I'm offering a reward for the person who can tell me what date that happens to be using Daniel 9, and show conclusive proof that Jesus actually died on that day.

PS Establishing conclusive proof of Jesus actual existence would be handy for this challenge.

Christians play with numbers yo, and with a bit of interpretation and fudging you can make anything out of anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Christians play with numbers yo, and with a bit of interpretation and fudging you can make anything out of anything.

Was going to say exactly this. They will fit anything to mean whatever they need it to mean so as to fit in with their god logic.

In addition, the numbering of Biblical chapters and verses did not occur until the 16th century CE.

• Like 1

Awesome! No more Facebook religious horseshit to read after the 23rd.

• Super Moderator
37 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Awesome! No more Facebook religious horseshit to read after the 23rd.

At least not until somebody somewhere comes up with another date (if they haven't already done so!).   :crazy:

If you got the same result by looking at Mark 21:25-26, and John and Matthew, and the same weather phenomenon had occurred every year since the gospels were written, and not before, and not just in 2017, it would be a little impressive. Though only a little, since they would still be matching the verses to the weather phenomenon after the fact, and it would not count as a prediction.

But as it is, this is cherry-picking upon cherry-picking upon cherry-picking. I could find a verse in there that says something similarly profound about the closing value of NASDAQ. It's just a matter of searching.