Goodbye Jesus

My Piano Work

Antlerman

I've promised for some time to record my piano compositions to share. They are a different feel than my multi-track work in studio with my CD I produced. I still haven't recorded anything of my new works on the piano, but I found some tapes I recorded of myself playing my songs a number of years ago that I thought would valuable to share.

They were recorded in my old studio apartment on my console piano some years ago using a friend's borrowed 4-track recorder. They are all straight-through performances. I wrote these songs during the first couple years of my writing music, which was an outlet of expression for me born during a period of deep personal loss in my life. It really became my salvation at that time. I am a self-taught musician, so you may hear a lot of exploration of form in these, but they are all deeply personal pieces to that time of my life - as they are still now. My solo piano work is really more an extension of my soul than any other form of music I've written. They are for me, healing music.

This first piece is one that seeks to express the beauty that one would experience sitting along a still mountain lake in the dark of night, viewing the stars above reflecting off the waters before you. The smell of the night sky, the cool of the air, and the sounds of nature create a cathedral for the mind and heart in full and reverent reflection. I titled it "Mirrors of Night".

I hope you find some meaning in this.

Mirrors_of_Night.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

Really Beautiful AM I could see fireflys dancing over the water, nice

I am putting all of these on one cd so I can take it with me. Really a wonderful gift to your friends!

thanks Keith

:grin: