Goodbye Jesus

Another Piano Piece

Antlerman

Here's another one of my earlier piano songs I wrote. This was recorded at the same time as my other song I posted here, "Mirrors of Night". It's a lot more energetic, full of double triplets after it breaks open a minute into it. I also layered some environmental sounds into the piece, and worked the opening phrases around it.

A_New_Day.mp3

It's lovely. The birds at the beginning really make me think of waking up in the woods. But the triplets sound too much like the falling rain which I am SICK of here right now. :) Very evocative.

H

It's lovely. The birds at the beginning really make me think of waking up in the woods. But the triplets sound too much like the falling rain which I am SICK of here right now. :) Very evocative.

H

But it's light, happy-drop rain. Not oppressive down-pouring sort of rain. :)

I found an earlier piece that was much more the thunderstorm/rain theme, but that recording was back when I'd only been playing/writing for 6 months. It was a difficult piece and I stumbled a bit in the performance of that, otherwise I'd post that for you to hear. But based on what you just said, that one would definitely seem dark. It's a cool idea though for so early on in writing. Maybe I'll share that one... maybe. I could just qualify it as early experimental. It was recorded on a cheap boom box as a played a number of those early songs for a friend of my mother's, so no retakes were possible.

Very nice AM, I closed my eyes and it just seemed to match my time in my backyard in the early morning when the squirrels play in the treetops chasing each other!

:grin: