Goodbye Jesus

I Am God...

mwc

So I'm at the doctor's office today. I pick up the only magazine (a new psychology magazine...and out of place considering the I'm at an allergist) in the office and start leafing through it.

It has a short article on some research that shows that the same spot of the brain gets accessed when people are thinking for themselves (ie. what they want) OR when people are told to think for god (ie. what god wants). But when they're told to think for others a totally different part of the brain is used (ie. what someone else wants).

The gist is that the same part of the brain is accessed for self/god but totally different part is accessed for "other" (in the sense of putting yourself in another's shoes/thinking their thoughts).

When people speak for god they truly do appear to speak for god because god is the "self" part of their mind (and vice-versa). The article theorized that since the self was a known and people seen their self as a given (a "truth") and god is also assumed as a given (a "truth") then they are equals. But when trying to speak as another person the person can only guess and this must be processed a different way.

I wish I had the article handy (though it was only a few paragraphs). I tracked down the name of the magazine. It was Psychology Today. I remember the researcher was Nick Epley.

It was interesting nonetheless since research like this really seems to validate what a lot of us have suspected for quite some time. The only relationship people have with god is they are god...and they like it.

mwc

Well, when you pray you're basically just talking to yourself. So it kind of makes sense that you are god! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Now give me some blessings, please. (A hot blond chick and 3 million dollars would be nice.)

Guest Net Eng
The gist is that the same part of the brain is accessed for self/god but totally different part is accessed for "other" (in the sense of putting yourself in another's shoes/thinking their thoughts).

mwc

The fundie response would be: "This is because we are made in god's image". (I didn't say it was a good response)

The article does reinforce what I felt when I was a believer. I was just talking to myself.

Very interesting research.

Heh. I forgot. The article mentioned, something to the effect of, praying to ask god where you put your lost car keys wouldn't be too helpful since he doesn't know either. :HaHa:

mwc

Guest Net Eng
Heh. I forgot. The article mentioned, something to the effect of, praying to ask god where you put your lost car keys wouldn't be too helpful since he doesn't know either. :HaHa:

mwc

This also explains why god had the same opinion of things as me! :lmao:

Christians tell me they do all their thinking with their heart. Using a blood pump to do their thinking may explain some of the nonsense they come out with.

Everyone is wrong, I am God :D

Now that explains a lot!

;)

Explains why gawd keeps goading me to find some primo and a bottle of Grey Goose and have a torrid affair with Danica Patrick.

Christians tell me they do all their thinking with their heart. Using a blood pump to do their thinking may explain some of the nonsense they come out with.

I'm taking a tiny bit of issue with this.

In the interest of clear thinking, people are using the heart as a metaphor not as an actual thinking or feeling device. But I'm sure you know that.