Goodbye Jesus

Can you prove that God is good?

Ouroboros

How can you prove that God is always good?

According to Popper a hypothesis has to be tested through falsification.

What is the opposite to God is always good? It's "God is not always good".

To test if that's the case, start with praying to God to do something evil, like hurting you neigbor.

If it comes true, you have proven that God is sometimes evil, and the statment "God is always good" is false.

If it doesn't happen, you should keep on praying, since that's what the Bible tells you to do, until you get your answer.

The answer you want to get from God to prove that he's always good, is a clear and verifiable "No".

How can that "No" be verified? Only by a miracle.

A "feeling" is not enough. That's why you have to keep on praying until God either say Yes or No in such a way that you know and we can know that it was God.

For instance, the answer "No" has to be written by Gods hand on the sky or on the moon, or be spoken by God so all humans can hear it at the same time all over the world.

------

So let's start to see if God is good...

Ooops. I forgot, you can not test God... well then... then it means that we will never know if God is good or not...

This is an Interesting Thread. I be interested in knowing the answers to this also.

I've been seeing somethings good and a lot of things in opposition to good things. I keep wondering why that is? I've always wondered how could Christians know and be so sure that such a God was always Good?

The reason why I asked this question was that you hear people say "I prayed and got answered". And usually it's like the prayed for "Please God help me get food, I'm hungry", for five years, and then they get a dry and rotten piece of an apple they found in a garbage can, and this they claim is the miracle they asked for. Circumstances causes them to believe in their prayers.

So I say lets turn it around. Pray for something evil, for 5-10 years, and if it happens, then you know the prayer worked. And the prayer doesn't have to be specific either. Just like "Please God make something terrible happen in our country tomorrow". And when another earthquake killed a little kitten in Burbank, then you know that God answered, and you also know that God is evil. Pretty simple, isn't it?

:eek: Jeeezzzz! Just leave me out from the Praying Prayers. I think some did that on me 35 years ago. And they where...

That things will keep Me Celibant and not find a gal. This one has been working on being answered.

To Keep Me from living in my ideal Climate. This one also has been working on being answered.

To Keep Me from finding my Ideal occupation.

I don't want any more bad prayers going to me... :twitch:

Thank You!

:eek:   Jeeezzzz!  Just leave me out from the Praying Prayers.  I think some did that on me 35 years ago.  And they where...

That things will keep Me Celibant and not find a gal.  This one has been working on being answered.

To Keep Me from living in my ideal Climate.  This one also has been working on being answered.

To Keep Me from finding my Ideal occupation. 

I don't want any more bad prayers going to me...  :twitch:

Thank You!

:grin: I promise I won't. Besides no prayers get answered anyway. Good or Evil.

Biblically, God is not always "good".

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? (Amos 3:6, KJV)

Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? (Lamentations 3:38)

"Shall we receive good at the hands of the Lord, and not the evil?" -Job 2:10

...and if I absolutely must, I'll check the translations. But let me be lazy, please.