Goodbye Jesus

INFILTRATION!!!!

Asimov

Hehehe...I have an evil idea...

I think kinda like Fight Club...we should have homework assignments.

First Homework assignment:

Infiltrate a church. Become a leading member. Get really outspoken against all the hot-button topics such as abortion and gay marriage and....both of those. And then once you've received televised popularity and a group following, deconvert.

Oh man that would kick so much ass....hahahaha

Infiltrate a church.  Become a leading member.  Get really outspoken against all the hot-button topics such as abortion and gay marriage and....both of those.  And then once you've received televised popularity and a group following, deconvert.

I just deconverted.

May I be a moderator here?

I just deconverted.

Not until you've sacrificed 14 children under the age of 3 years, eaten at least 4 babies, taken part in 25 gay orgies, given President Bush a blow job, and taken part in the ritual removal of your own gonads...

Once you've done that, sure.

Oh, and we want video evidence, if you don't mind... :grin:

Not until you've sacrificed 14 children under the age of 3 years, eaten at least 4 babies, taken part in 25 gay orgies, given President Bush a blow job, and taken part in the ritual removal of your own gonads...

Once you've done that, sure.

Oh, and we want video evidence, if you don't mind...  :grin:

O.o

...maybe YOU want video evidence, man. I'll just be in the corner bleaching my eyeballs. The idea of Bush and blowjobs being in the same sentence .... :eek:

I just deconverted.

Do you swear to blaspheme the Holy Ghost three times a day?

Infiltrate a church.  Become a leading member.  Get really outspoken against all the hot-button topics such as abortion and gay marriage and....both of those.  And then once you've received televised popularity and a group following, deconvert.

I've actually never gotten into shit-disturbing with Christians on their own turf. I try to at least be THAT tolerant. Also...well, can you imagine ME pretending to be a Christian now?

"Bless me Father...you rotten, betraying fucker...."

"What was that, Sister Becca?"

"Er, nothing. Praise Be, Brothers and Sisters in Gilead!"

"Huh?"

"NOTHING. Hey, have you beaten your kids to keep them out of Hell today?"

...yyyyeah. Wouldn't work. ;)

It's just an idea, because Christians always tout about Anthony Flew, not to mention Josh McDowell and Lee Strobel.

O.o

...maybe YOU want video evidence, man. I'll just be in the corner bleaching my eyeballs. The idea of Bush and blowjobs being in the same sentence .... :eek:

Heh... can you imagine anyone doing that?

Bet you want to bleach your brain now... :HaHa:

Guest Challenger
It's just an idea, because Christians always tout about Anthony Flew, not to mention Josh McDowell and Lee Strobel. 

Anthony Flew is a deist. He does not claim to follow the Christian God.

This idea not that time-efficent.

Becoming leader would take years while 'deconverting' last only a few weeks or so. :HaHa:

I just deconverted.

Repeat after me, "fuck god, jesus, and the holy-spirit, amen". Then we'll think about it.

I just deconverted.

Seriously? Or are you pulling our collective chains?

Anthony Flew is a deist.  He does not claim to follow the Christian God.

O.O

*laughs*

Do all the hardline Christians quoting him know this?

Anthony Flew is a deist.  He does not claim to follow the Christian God.

I know, but they still use him...apparently he's ceded what he said and isn't a deist anymore...I heard that on IG.

Guest Challenger
I know, but they still use him...apparently he's ceded what he said and isn't a deist anymore...I heard that on IG.

I just discussed Flew with a Christian I know. She sort of skipped that part of it.

Seriously?  Or are you pulling our collective chains?

He likes chains, and he likes to pull them. So yeah. He's just being "funny".

I just deconverted.

This post is a joke people.

Along the lines of me using Asimov's strategy on him...

...get it...

...oh nevermind.

There's no need to fake stuff like this. There's plenty of things like this that are the real deal.

E.g. Lanakila, on this board was a moderator over on ChristianForums.com for a long time.

Not because she was faking it, but because she was a Christian.

Some Christians may tout Antony Flew, (I know I got spam from co-workers linking to that Washington Times article about how the "foundations of atheism are failing" or whatever the hell nonsense it was when A. Flew was in the news) but he's not even Christian, at most, he's a hellbound Deist. I mean, they've got one guy, and he's not even a Christian.

Then they've got the flakes like C. S. Lewis and Lee Strubel, the supposedly former atheists who don't appear to have much of a grasp of the arguments even the brand new atheists have a good handle on.

To do what is suggested in the OP is to make oneself into the atheist/non-Christian version of Lee Strobel, and lt reinforces the idea that "well, you never were a REAL Christian."

I think it's a bad idea.

If you're going to go in, spend some time preparing some good comedy, and go in with guns blazing and heckle the shit out of them. AT least it's honest.

Repeat after me, "fuck god, jesus, and the holy-spirit, amen". Then we'll think about it.
And he has to use the letter 'O' when typing out "God". Either that, or he has to use ExC's patented Booby-O*.

*ExC's patented Booby-O* = (@)

We knew you were joking, MG.

Do they have any evidence of this? I'd actually be surprised if they do, it'd be a first.

Even so, some were already saying he was a xian right after he said he wasn't an atheist, and they would actually quote the same interview where he said he was not a christian.

As to the OP, it's a wonderful fantasy. I thought something similar would work against the Republican party.

But I'd be in if we could figure out a way to make a buck off the xtians. They just throw it away to fatcats like Robertson anyway. He's got enough diamond mines, dammit! I want in on that xtian gravy train myself. :bounce:

Ah man....

Can't we just smear goat's blood on the alter or something?

Charles Templeton, Billy Graham's sidekick did it for the atheists: http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2003/02...s-templeton.php

And I seriously doubt McDowell was ever anything close to an atheist. A Pat Boone wannabe maybe. Him and Strobel both are capitalizing on this idea and if anything are both just cynical xtians out to make a buck and become famous.