Goodbye Jesus

Adam Got No Help No Help Indeed.

JamesG

Gather round young children I have a story to tell. about our ancestor whom we wish well. His name was Adam and we are his progeny. God his creator had not just one cause but many. blah blah blah Time to delve into the Adam and eve story once more dear readers. This time I am going to highlight the most obvious god fail I have seen thus far and reinforce the servant/slave concept that exists in the creation story.

First I will start by pointing out our cause for creation was simple and that was to work the fields that god created us to serve him like a good slave.

Genesis 2:5

Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground

This is the cause for creation. God needed a worker to tend to the fields. Since god of course cant tend to the fields himself he creates a servant to do the work for him.

Genesis 2:15

The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it

So we have established that the reason god wanted to create man was not for company it was not for companionship it was because he needed a servant to take care of his garden. The only verses that give us insight for a desire to create man come from these two spots. This makes a ton of sense actually if you understand that we are not "gods children" if you replace children with servant or slave the bible makes a lot more sense.

Now the most obvious fail I have seen in this story to date. The bible admits God failed. It just straight up says that god couldn't get it done right.

Genesis 2:18-2

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found.

Not only does this reinforce the concept that we were slaves for gods plantation that was Eden, but he also failed the first time he sought out to create a suitable helper. Lets take the highlighted red and put it into 1 sentence.

The LORD God said... I will make a helper suitable for him...But for Adam no suitable helper was found.

Its plain to see there is no context that changes the fact that God could not make a suitable helper the first time around. He couldn't do it the first time. Not to mention the "helper" that was suitable for him also ruined the whole S&M thing god and Adam had going on by teaching Adam he didn't need to be God's slave. The Adam and Eve story is so full of failure on God's behalf it really makes me wonder why I didn't see this before. Its hiding in plain site.

• Like 5

Damn, son!  God just got SERVED!!!!

• Like 1

Read the Talmud on those verses sometime (if you think the OP is shocking).  People have been looking at this for awhile:

Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Yebamoth
Folio 63a

R. Eleazar further stated: What is the meaning of the Scriptural text, I will make him a help meet for him?6  If he was worthy she is a help to him;7  if he was not worthy she is against him.8

Others say: R. Eleazar pointed out a contradiction: It is written kenegedo9  but we read kenegedo!10  — If he was worthy she is meet for him;10  if he was not worthy she chastises him.9

R. Jose met Elijah and asked him: It is written, I will make him a help;11  how does a woman help a man? The other replied: If a man brings wheat, does he chew the wheat? If flax, does he put on the flax?12  Does she not, then, bring light to his eyes and put him on his feet!

R. Eleazar further stated: What is meant by the Scriptural text, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh?13  This teaches that Adam had intercourse with every beast and animal but found no satisfaction until he cohabited with Eve.

Do you think he named them before or after he banged them?

mwc

interesting MWC ill have to read more about that.

The adam and eve story has been the subject of my myopic focus lately so I would be glad to ascertain more on the subject of Adam ram rodding the animals of the world =P I would imagine he named them afterward since he had to get inside them to name them properly.

Wow, so a sheep didnt do it for him? God got close with that one though. Lol

In contrast to Genesis 2, Genesis 1 portrays Adam as more of a steward than a slave.

It also depicts male and female being created at the same time.

Gen 1:26-28

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

The steward would have authority and rule over the other creatures.

There is also the interesting aspect of "Lilith", the first wife of Adam according to Jewish mythology.

Eve (Gen 2) was the replacement for Lilith (Gen 1), who rebelled and left Adam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith