Goodbye Jesus

Playing God

DeathWorship

so the koreans have made massive breakthroughs in stem cell research through cloning, and of course, dubya bush spoke vehemently out against it. he considers it playing god "destroying life to preserve life"..

well my question is, is that so bad? i mean, when the life in question is not developed to the point where it can think, feel pain, or be cognitively aware.. whats the problem? its probably just his way of coping with being born again.

also.. "PLAYING GOD"??? lets look at this closer..

if stem cell research put to the benefit of curing diseases and other ailments is considered playing god.. then what makes it any different than general surgery, or taking antibiotics for disease/infection? i mean, if xians are really so freaked out by their doctors "playing god" with them, then they should just fucking die, if you get any diseases or injuries that could be fatal, just die.. cus that is "Gods Will"... isnt it?

if xians are really so freaked out by their doctors "playing god" with them, then they should just fucking die, if you get any diseases or injuries that could be fatal, just die.. cus that is "Gods Will"... isnt it?

if it only it were that easy :wicked:

:loser: sorry excuse my bad grammar

If we don't "play god," who will? Can't have a part without an actor.

I think, if we can do it, which we can, we should. Not to mention the only way to preserve existence is by destroying other lives. It's just the way it goes.

I suppose they fear that someone playing God will expose that it doesn't take supernatural powers to cure someone?