Probably made me marry the wrong person for the wrong reasons

Made me feel guilty, worthless, damned to fuckin hell

Made me feel inferior to all the good christians

Enslaved my children in the same cult

Patient waiting for reasonable requests from god, never answered

Still feelings of guilt even though I embrace atheism

Empty feelings of waiting for christ to fill my life with joy

Bitterness

Feelings that I will be damned to hell (What do you think?) I no longer fuckin care one way or another.

Thats my list for now. Did I miss anything? Please feel free to add

And by the way Fuck all religion! Thanks for the rant.

It's helped me grown wiser and more aware of our world and the people in it, and helped me grow as a person. Even though I no longer subscribe to any religion, it oddly did for me exactly what it was supposed to do in helping me find peace and joy in my life...by leaving it!

It's helped me grown wiser and more aware of our world and the people in it....

Me too. Even though the emotional toll is lifelong after being a sincere member of the cult, the experience has made me more aware of the weaknesses we all share.

Religion helped me see what is wrong with religion. Or more specifically the fundamentalist kind. A belief is okay, but intolerance, hypocracy and forced false morals on society and different minded people is wrong. I couldn't see it back then, but now I understand that anyone can fall prey for this extremist virus, since I was a victim myself.

Thats my list for now. Did I miss anything? Please feel free to add

And by the way Fuck all religion! Thanks for the rant.

There are those who say that problems are just tasks for us, to get done so that we can accumulate more wisdom that way. I'll leave it to every single reader to decide whether this is true, but one thing is clear: If it's true then how much wiser are you today? ;)

Honestly, that sucks. I won't claim that I feel the same, for I think I have no right to do so. I'd have to have been in a fundie cult myself to say that. But I think I can at least begin to imagine how you feel. And I don't like it. :vent:

:jerkit: