Goodbye Jesus

Another Bla Bla Christian Thinking What He Knows About Evolution And God

vargo

Natural processes when given infinite materials and infinite time will never be able to “create” anything capable of the kind of sentience that man has been given by our Creator let alone human like sapience no matter how vigorously you insist upon the opposite proposition.

I believe the preponderance of scientific discoveries are at the very least plausible, even (and this may shock you) evolution. I just hold to the notion that Almighty God is the Designer, Creator, Author, Administrator, Instigator, and Facilitator etc. etc. of these processes and I don’t claim to have all the answers as to What, When and How he chose to do His work. I believe that God set up this little universe as he saw fit and put the laws and mechanics into operation according to His desires. I may not know and may never understand His logic and modus operandi but I can SEE it in operation and KNOW that HE exists. When I hold or otherwise observe and appreciate a finely made pocket watch created by a master watch maker of previous generations I do not need to have its maker stand before me in order for me to ascertain that he is a wonderful craftsman with incomparable and even immeasurable skills. I have the proof right before me and my intellect attests to the creator’s abilities. How much more then would simple reason and discernment dictate that I should acknowledge the Creator of the Universe when I behold its awesome wonders displayed before my very eyes? Science, IMHO, confirms God’s existence and dose not in any way replace Him.

I say again Go to a lab and create synthetic materials that can, under any process you design and given any length of time you need, become a living, self perpetuating and propagating thing and if by chance you have the skills to pull it off please also insure its sapience. By all means make it fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Then come to me and tell of the wonders your religion called science has wrought.

It just shows the lack of understanding of evolution.

GODDIDIT! GODDIDIT! :HaHa:

He needs to read The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins.

Or keep his mouth shut.

Ugh.

I say again Go to a lab and create synthetic materials that can, under any process you design and given any length of time you need, become a living, self perpetuating and propagating thing and if by chance you have the skills to pull it off please also insure its sapience. By all means make it fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Then come to me and tell of the wonders your religion called science has wrought.

It just shows the lack of understanding of evolution.

:)Vargo, I use to think a bit like this... that God is what animates life. However, to say that we can't replicate life is a bit obsolete now. Having the theory of abiogenesis suggested to me here, and doing a bit of reading about it... making self replicating life is just around the corner. It seems we now have self replicating polypeptide chains, next will be mRNA, then DNA, then BINGO. Perhaps your friend just needs to be updated on his information a bit too? :)

... making self replicating life is just around the corner. It seems we now have self replicating polypeptide chains, next will be mRNA, then DNA, then BINGO. Perhaps your friend just needs to be updated on his information a bit too? :)

The key word being "making", I believe we will "make" self replicating life, but that only demonstrates intelligent creativity, since we are made in the image of God. It doesn't prove it can happen "naturally".

... making self replicating life is just around the corner. It seems we now have self replicating polypeptide chains, next will be mRNA, then DNA, then BINGO. Perhaps your friend just needs to be updated on his information a bit too? :)

The key word being "making", I believe we will "make" self replicating life, but that only demonstrates intelligent creativity, since we are made in the image of God. It doesn't prove it can happen "naturally".

The key word being "Prove"

It would prove that there is no need for a supernatural explaination at all... thus relegating your "god" to the relms of wishful thinking.

By the way... do try to remember that a whole lot of discoveries are made by accident. So you don't even have the argument of "intelligent creativity" to fall back on. And if you don't understand that, let me make it plain, simple and exceedingly blunt... It comes about NATURALLY.

Have a nice day... and don't try to use strawmen again... :grin:

Well, who knows, maybe there was a divine spark to start the replication process, but it is very obvious that we are fully functional replicators today. We have 6 billion replicas alive, without further divine sparks. And if we count animals, then we have even more replicas. So evolution, replication and adaption, not the same thing as the jump-start-cables needed for abiogenesis. Two different questions in my mind.

:) Hey Redneck, I believe in God too! Yet, if we are open to Truth, then what have we to fear?

Life does seem to have happened naturally! Chemicals having a catalytic effect on each other were corraled, then fed by surrounding stimulus. Perhaps the primordial soup and prehistoric environment at the time caused the amino acids to act in such a way to form the precursors to life. We are now able to duplicate similar results to the point of creating self-replicating polypeptide chains!

Hey, if you have a better logical theory, let's hear it, please. Please don't take my word for it, look it up! I didn't take the word of who ever told me about abiogenesis... I looked it up to prove them wrong. However, the more research I did, the more I saw they were right. :shrug:

Just because we are able to ascertain how life was created, doesn't mean there is no God, IMHO.